Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Photo scenery layering technical Q

I have Megascenery California. The entire state. It's v2 

I also have Megascenery SAN and LA and SFO HD (high resolution) ... the HD scenery are at higher level in scenery.cfg 

And they work well. even though these HD textures overlay over the low resolution textures of v2  for those area the HD covers.

What would happen. IF I merge them all into one folder? meaning, I want to copy the files from  scenery folders of the 3 HD folders into the scenery folder of the v2. and use only the v2 folder in my scenery.cfg. 

Would P3Dv4 utilize the HD files from the v2 folder and not pick the low resolution files that's in the same folder?

The reason I ask is, I want to get the CA autogens and place them in the "texture" folder. This is a large size files and I do not want to copy these into each of the 4 folders. 

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Good morning,

An interesting proposition.

Sorry you haven't had a reply from one of the experts, so here's a thought from a very ancient non-expert!

Why not take a complete back up of your system, which you hopefully do already, and then try it for yourself?

If it works, you have what you wanted; if it doesn't, just revert to the back up.

A win-win situation!

Best of luck.

TG.

Hi TG.

That was going to be my plan B. :)

But Its like 200Gigs of files  I have to move.  So I wanted to know from the expert first instead of me doing R&D.

:)

Manny

OK I tested this and you cannot mix files.

You have to put the  higher resolution folder above the lower resolution folders in scenery.cfg

I had to copy the texture folders (from 3rd party autogens) like  NUVECTA to each of the scenery folders... since I do not know which agn files is for which photo bgl. 

Manny

Houston HD Hi res photo scenery from Megascenery with NUVECTA  Autogen for Texas. the KIAH airport is from FSDT

36752696656_df1186bbe5_o.png

• Upvote 1

Manny

On 8/25/2017 at 2:04 PM, Manny said:

OK I tested this and you cannot mix files.

Thanks Manny for being our "Beta Tester". 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10