Sign in to follow this  
awash2002

G1000 and Flight Planning

barrel_owl, i apologize for my bad english, i'm brazilian but i'm trying to describe it as accurate as i can :P I believe the problem is related to incorrect loading of the Navigraph AIRAC cycle because i tried almost everything to get the cursor flashing but couldn't make it work. I did exactly what you suggested but nothing happens, i'll try today again and if i don't succeed i'll take some screenshots to you. Thanks for your help!

Hi All

How do you load a flight plan that you have say exported from PFPX?

Also I can only change the departure, approaches etc from the 2D  window, is this a know issues?

Cheers

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

How do you load a flight plan that you have say exported from PFPX?

Hi alpha117,

there is no way to import a flight plan from PFPX or any other similar source into the Prodigy Garmin G1000. If you're not using the extension, you can create any flight plan you like with any preferred tool and have it imported automatically from your sim. If you use SimLauncherX you can even have SIDs and STARs included (make sure you use the 'Flatten' feature in this case).

Now, if you're using the extension, you have to create your flight plan in your Garmin G1000 separately.

Also I can only change the departure, approaches etc from the 2D  window, is this a know issues?

Yes, it is a known issue. I personally opened a ticket for this and created a video to show it. Carenado acknowdged and said the fix will be included in their next extension release.

Here's the screenshot, barrel_owl

http://i.imgur.com/mCrI7qK.jpg

Valeu mestre! :-)

Look, it appears OK, I can see that you're trying to rotate the inner knob, but you can't see the cursor blinking, right?

Have you tried using the 2d panel (Shift+3)?

Other quesion? Have you installed the extension or are you using the base version?

Hello all.

I just purchased the Caranedo Phenom.  Running on P3dv3.0.

I also have the GTN 750 and with the help of Bert it works 100%!  Thank you Bert!

Sadly that's not my experience with the Caranedo Navigraph expansion pack add on! Yes like a complete fool I was tempted to buy the expansion, just to see if the Prodigy would perform!

No Sir, its not working for me.  I have the latest expansion pack, v1.2. I find its flawed and also produced CTD on my install of P3d?

So its uninstalled now. :Hmmmph:

If anyone wants to use the Phenom, without the excellent GTN 750, I would suggest using the aircraft with the original install. That way you may install your flight plan from the Flight Sims flight planner. Also importing a plan from PFPX. That way you can have a SID/STAR flight plan. :smile:

Thank goodness for Bert and the GTN 750.  :dance:

Best Regards

David