Sign in to follow this  
Eagle99z

Offline Logbook / tracking

I tried SimBuddy I would pay 1 one off fee, but not a subscription

I fly with my VA and am one of these pilots who like to do a lot more you could say so I can fly with my VA and log my hours, but when I fly offline I would also like to log those hours 

Av just bought the A2A 250 for v4 and am going to fly it from A2A to my VA VFR club base. I could just teleport there but whats the fun in that. However, id like to look back over my fights to see how I did, etc 

So does anyone know any tools I could use offline to log my flights etc. that don't have a subscription fee?

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Eagle99z said:

So does anyone know any tools I could use offline to log my flights etc. that don't have a subscription fee?

I have created a logbook editor that is compatible with FSX and all P3D versions free in the AVSIM library.  Search for LogEdit3, or Dan Downs and sort by date.

Dan Downs KCRP

33 minutes ago, SKIPS2 said:

I use ProjectFLY to track and log offline hours.

A lot of people use this for a log book. Very good why.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I have a good old fashioned paper logbook. Don't ask me why, but it's somehow more satisfying looking back through real pages with real ink smudges, remembering the flights in question, compared to clicking through a website!

The other advantage, of course, is that the data is never going to be affected by a server outage/hack/loss of interest from the developer etc etc etc...

2 hours ago, skelsey said:

I have a good old fashioned paper logbook. Don't ask me why, but it's somehow more satisfying looking back through real pages with real ink smudges, remembering the flights in question, compared to clicking through a website!

My actual flying is only recorded in a bound logbook, I think I'm on my fifth one?  A ritual of starting a new logbook is to look through the old ones and lost memories are restored, so many memories. Most good, a few that are more educational in nature than others, but all worth remembering.  The simulator flights don't hold the same appeal but I still like to record each one and it's handy to use the same logbook file used by the simulator to take advantage of recording each flight automatically.  I usually only add to the comment field the flight number flown, such as UA903, but sometimes add something related to beta testing or other such things.  Also, my LogEdit gives me a report on types flown past 90 d and I often use that to decide what I'm flying today.

Dan Downs KCRP