Sign in to follow this  
BuddyDog

Still cannot install MyTraffic 6 in P3D v4

I have been trying to install MyTraffic in v4, trying to use Poppet's initial guide (that didn't work for me), then tried using the Lorby Add on tool, and still no joy.

What the heck am I doing wrong?

Inia24K.png

3u8Gg6e.png

Any gurus than can help?

Thank you!

Edited by BuddyDog
add image

Stephen Forsgren

Hi,

MT6 consists of multiple parts. Apart from the scenery that you add like in your screenshot, you have to add the SimObjects too.

Your add-on.xml should be here:

C:\Users\...\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\MyTraffic Professional\add-on.xml

and it should look like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
  <AddOn.Name>MyTraffic Professional</AddOn.Name>
  <AddOn.Description />
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>SimObjects</Category>
    <Path>C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft</Path>
  </AddOn.Component>
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Scenery</Category>
    <Path>C:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic</Path>
    <Name>MyTraffic6</Name>
    <Layer>159</Layer>
  </AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

Apart from that, you have to generate the flightplans for MT6 before you can use it. Please refer to the MT6 documentation.

LORBY-SI

Thanks Oliver.

I am still confused (but I am old and easily confused)

I have been trying top post an image of the message I have been getting, but I guess the screen shot is too large.

I have MyTraffic on my "D" drive and v4 on my "C" drive.  This is what the Document looks like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
<AddOn.Name>MyTraffic6</AddOn.Name>
<AddOn.Description>MyTraffic6.</AddOn.Description>

<AddOn.Component>
<Category>SimObjects</Category>
<Path>D:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft</Path>
</AddOn.Component>

<AddOn.Component>
<Category>Scenery</Category>
<Path>D:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic</Path>
<Name>MyTrafficScenery</Name>
<Layer>178</Layer>
</AddOn.Component>

</SimBase.Document>

When I check the error message, it says there is some problem with encoding errors.

I have delete the scenery until I figure this out.

Stephen Forsgren

Hi,

the "incorrect character encoding" is just a warning. As long as the paths are correct, MT6 should work. You can easily check that, by taking a look into the scenery library and the Add-ons dialog in P3D. Both MT components should be visible there. If you want to remedy this, you should get the Notepad++ - Editor (free download), open the file mentioned in the warning and change the Encoding to UCS-2 LE (Notepad++ has a simple menu for that).

But unless you create the initial AI flightplans with the MT6 tool, you won't see any AI. MT6 is a little complicated to set up all in itself, that has nothing to do with how it is integrated in the sim.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Thank you for taking the time to review and respond, Oliver.

I have decided to forego MyTraffic6 and switch to Ultimate Traffic Live (which seems to work pretty well in P3D v4)

Best regards,

Steve

Stephen Forsgren

1 hour ago, BuddyDog said:

Thank you for taking the time to review and respond, Oliver.

I have decided to forego MyTraffic6 and switch to Ultimate Traffic Live (which seems to work pretty well in P3D v4)

Best regards,

Steve

Plus 1--UTL works great in my P3dv4 setup--easy install.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

8 minutes ago, vp49p3 said:

Plus 1--UTL works great in my P3dv4 setup--easy install.

Do they have all of the correct liveries? I read where there will still old liveries being used.

NAX669.png

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 3:34 PM, mwilk said:

Do they have all of the correct liveries? I read where there will still old liveries being used.

I don't know exactly, as I fly 1950's prop airliners, and current AI liveries aren't necessary.  Here's a link to the UTL forums.  I think your topic is being discussed.

http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums/default.asp?C=5&title=ultimate-traffic-live

Jay 

• Upvote 1

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

Did you add your aircraft to simobjects.cfg located in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\

[Entry.10]
Title=AI Aircraft
Path=SimObjects\AI_Airplanes
Required=True
Active=True
[Entry.11]
Title=MyTraffic
Path=D:\Addon Scenery\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft
Required=True
Active=True

Dave Butler

Hi Dave,

I did not, as I was following the instructions from Poppet, then tried the Lorby tool but it didn't work for me.

I decided to go with Ultimate Traffic Live and so far I like how it's working.  I didn't have to screw around with trying to do a bunch of work-arounds to get MT6 in v4.

Stephen Forsgren

On 8/20/2017 at 9:18 AM, Lorby_SI said:

MT6 consists of multiple parts. Apart from the scenery that you add like in your screenshot, you have to add the SimObjects too.

I didn't did this and see the AI without any problems.  I just did an addon xml for the scenery folder.  I suspect it does not hurt to create an xml for the Aircraft folder too.

Best regards,

Jim

On 8/20/2017 at 9:13 AM, BuddyDog said:

I have been trying to install MyTraffic in v4, trying to use Poppet's initial guide (that didn't work for me), then tried using the Lorby Add on tool, and still no joy.

I do not see in your images where My Traffic Professional is the addon.xml that is at fault or not.  My Traffic Professional appears to be properly installed based on the images you provided.  There should be no problems whatsoever running it.  The add-ons.cfg just shows all of the add-ons you have installed and is important for P3D to run as it is used to enable or disable an addon via the P3D Menu>Options>Addons.  When you open that up you can disable or enable an add-on.

There should be an add-ons.cfg PSSCBAK which is a backup of the add-ons.cfg.  You could rename it to Add-ons.cfg and it should be properly formatted.  Evidently you opened up add-ons.cfg with Notepad and it destroyed your utf-8 coding.  But, like Oliver stated above, you should not have to worry about wrong encoding.  He just put that button there to tell you something is not formatted correctly (encoded).  I'm not sure whether the menu will show up in Options>Addons if it is not properly encoded.  If you want to open up Add-ons.cfg in the future, I recommend using Notepad+++ (check with Google).

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Take the SPACE out of the line <Path>D:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic\Aircraft</Path> so it looks like this....
<Path>D:\MyTrafficProfessional\MyTraffic\Aircraft</Path>

and change this     <Path>D:\MyTraffic Professional\MyTraffic</Path>

to this     <Path>D:\MyTrafficProfessional\MyTraffic</Path>

When you install MyTrafficProfessional notice that the default directory is MyTrafficProfessional and NOT MyTraffic Professional, at least in my installation. I had the same problem until I discoverd this error in the downloaded .xml file.

Try it and good luck.
MyTrafficProfessional works great in P3dv4 when installed using the .xml ADDON method.
Note that you still have to make the flightplans and manually delete the default AI traffic.

Capt. Sara T. Allen
USCG Merchant Marine
PPL - Single Engine Land