Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

As Real As She Is Getting - Nice!

Hi Everyone,

My night lighting is just about finished, all that's left is to tweak the bloom and saturation.

• Upvote 1

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Would love to hear/share what your settings are!  I love the way your runways don't stick out like a sore thumb at night.  I just got BlackMarble and it's a world better already, but my runways are still a bit obvious. 

• Upvote 1

Eric Szczesniak

Hi,

That was one of the sticking issues with me, you could spot airports 10's of miles away. They are well hidden now as in the real world, this is a really nice addition to P3Dv4. The settings I have in place were done via config entries, I don't have any photos to show of the config menu. I did this because it was easier and quicker than going back and forth into the GUI, I was making numerous changes and testing.

I haven't even put my halo.bmp file back into the sim yet nor have I made any changes to my prepar3d.cfg file. I have to add the following entries into Prepar3D, this will reduce my airport lighting even further.

[Display]
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=0.7
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=0.7
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=0.7
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=0.7

I have just about 40 entries in my terrain config file in more than one location, it would be easy for someone to screw up the transfer/renumbering process.

• Upvote 1

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck