Sign in to follow this  
Mark Niebauer

Do not buy this product! Very buggy No Support

This product caused my sim to crash to my desktop. Plus it just didnt work. It is not compatible with alot of other addons and is not ready for market. I would not get it if I were you!

Mark,

I've had this product for well over a year and it works perfectly fine.

Now my friend, there is a problem.  I've just looked at all of your 29 posts here on AVSIM.  Before I start, I want you to know that I'm not belittling you, I merely want to point something out to you.  I was going to post a synopsis of you posts, as most every single one of them tells a story.  They are mostly about you having problems with software that just about everyone else is able to use without issues - I think it's 28 posts out of 29.  The post(s) that aren't about you having problems with software are asking questions (which is fine) that have long been answered in our community and if you'd spent just a few minutes reading about I'd bet you'd never have written the posts.

Look, it's your hobby, you're computer, your money and you're experience, so do whatever you wish. But when you get fired up and start trashing a developer who has a reputation for incredible customer/product support, well, I feel the need to step in.

Flight sim software is about as far from plug-n-play as one can get.  We simply must take the time to understand it before we attempt to use it.  Again, looking back at your previous posts, I think you would not have have the problems you've suffered if you had taken the time to understand and set the products up. You're not alone, many people jump into flight sim and have the same problem.

Please Mark, I'm only trying to help you, but at the same time I hope you understand that I can't let someone with a history of having problems with good, stable software swing in and trash the reputation of a terrific developer.  It's just not right.  Besides, if you did this on one of the products I do support for I might well tell you to take a flying leap instead of helping you (Schadenfreude) especially given that the problem is likely with your installation, setup or system rather than the software thus I would be under no obligation to assist you with things that didn't involve my product.  Yet I'm sure that Keven will help you, because he's THAT good of a person and developer.

• Upvote 6

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

1 hour ago, Mark Niebauer said:

This product caused my sim to crash to my desktop. Plus it just didnt work. It is not compatible with alot of other addons and is not ready for market. I would not get it if I were you!

Please ignore the original posters comments! The experience of one person does not reflect the experience of the other 99.9%.  I have been a FSFX customer since day one and I have found the customer service to be very professional and prompt in replying to activation requests etc.. They are one of the best developers on the market IMO.

• Upvote 1

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

First time I have ever heard someone say not to buy an FSFX product. I would recommend that you contact their support team and get it solved. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

I don't even want to answer this kind of support request!

For me to help someone, they must be willing to fix the issue in the first place and be in "solution mode". I am trying to be everywhere at the same time, answering as many people as possible and when I get this kind of support requests, I really do not want to take my time to help them.

• Upvote 5

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

42 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

I don't even want to answer this kind of support request!

For me to help someone, they must be willing to fix the issue in the first place and be in "solution mode". I am trying to be everywhere at the same time, answering as many people as possible and when I get this kind of support requests, I really do not want to take my time to help them.

I dont blame you

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Actually, I find the comments here to be quite disturbing.  A simmer says he is having problems with an addon and not getting any support.  The immediate response is to accuse him of being a liar.  (And guys, that is exactly what you are doing.)

Actually the response of technical support, in effect accusing him of being a liar, just bolsters his claim that he not receiving technical support to help with the problem.

I have purchased many addons which do not work properly on my computer.  Maybe they work just fine with someone else's system, but they don't work with mine.  Over the years, it has probably happened more than a couple dozen times; but then again, I buy a lot of addons, so it is not surprising that a percentage of them do not work properly on my setup.

Also, many developers seem to have a habit of overpromising and under-delivering.  As consumers, we pretty much have to take them at their word, since we do not know whether a particular addon will work with our setups until we give them our money and install it on our computers.

These are simple transactions.  A consumer gives the developer money, and the developer is supposed to deliver a functioning product.  Period.  If the product does not work, there is a breach of the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.  That is, the developer has breached the contract.

The consumer has no obligation to seek technical support or try to work with the developer.  The standard for goods is perfect tender, not substantial performance.  And it certainly is not "kinda, sorta" performance.

If the product is not working, and the developer does not want to fix it, the correct response is to return the consumer's money.  A lot of stores, like Just Flight, offer a money back guarantee.  Other developers offer a free trial period.  It would seem that if the product does not work, for whatever reason, the developer should return the consumer's money.  If they don't, that developer should not be surprised if they have an irate consumer on their hands.  Part of customer service is dealing with these complaints.

I am reminded of the old saying that a happy customer tells one person, but an unhappy customer tells twenty.  In the days of the internet, that twenty has become thousands.  It does take some guts for a consumer to come forward and say he has been cheated, precisely because he will be met with accusations he is a liar, as happened here.

As another consumer, I have an interest in knowing whether a  product will work, and whether I will receive support if it does not.  I appreciate getting a heads up that a merchant is not on the up and up.  Someone who warns other people should not be accused of being a liar, until there is some proof to back up that accusation.

I have not purchased any of these products, and given this particular consumer's complaint and the response he has received, I am not inclined to deal with this developer.

• Upvote 2

Every time a customer has a problem with any of said products, the developer has always offered to help in any way he can.  i don't know where anyone got the idea that their customer support is non existent.  if you actually look through this forum all he does is help anyone in need of it.  I'm sorry but I have to call BS on these posts.  Keven and his team go out of their way to help anyway they can.  And I am pleasantly happy with all their products.  Shame on you both for blatantly lying.  If the OP had a real problem with his software, he should kindly ask for help, instead of just saying that Keven and his company are frauds.  I would add more but i'd probably get a reprimand or worse.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, tjstreak said:

Actually, I find the comments here to be quite disturbing.  A simmer says he is having problems with an addon and not getting any support.  The immediate response is to accuse him of being a liar.  (And guys, that is exactly what you are doing.)

I appreciate your sentiment, I really truly do. However in my case I not only know Keven Menard of FSFX extremely well, but I did my research where this particular user is concerned (see the first reply in this thread) and it's clear that he either has no idea what he's doing, is unable to set things up or tell if an error is based n his system or the software he's installed, etc.. So I don't think anyone would say that I didn't do my home work here, and this matter should be exceptionally clear to anyone who did that I did and knows Keven as well as I do.

Where Keven and FSFX is concerned, I've seen his day to day work with customers every single day of the week (and it's 7 days per week) for over 2 years and his customer service is at the very top in flight sim.  My point?  I was already familiar with one of the principles, and I used the self history of the other to get to know him - before I posted.

Again, I appreciate the sentiment, and I'm usually the one to back and underdog. But in this case, the user truly is in the wrong and is the aggressor.  Were he to apologize, I believe Keven would work with him.

Silver lining?  Maybe this has been an educational experience for the OP, and he's learned more about flight sim software and how to work with it.

Best wishes.

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

16 minutes ago, tjstreak said:

Someone who warns other people should not be accused of being a liar, until there is some proof to back up that accusation.

I have not purchased any of these products, and given this particular consumer's complaint and the response he has received, I am not inclined to deal with this developer.

You continually talk as if the OP requested support; he did not.  All he did was to make accusatory statements which are obviously untrue even to the casual surfer on this forum, i.e., product does not work, is not compatible, and is not market ready; all easily established false just on Avsim.  He did not bother to scan the forum and see the consensus on how outstanding both this product and support is, or apparently have the humility to recognize that as a "human," perhaps human error was involved when essentially no one else is experiencing his problem.

Why would any developer wish to dive into that black hole when there are people who approach him with the respect he has earned, and who understand "user error" or "system anamoly" is not the fault or responsibility of the developer?  People like Keven make this simulated world the awe-inspiring virtual reality it has become and deserve much better, lest they retreat to a more civil enclave and leave us to our own far less immersive devices.

• Upvote 2

Roy Holley

I don't think anyone accused him of being a liar. I don't think he put any effort into getting his issues corrected. I have the product and it works as I expected it to. 

Dwight Heyer

1 hour ago, tjstreak said:

Actually its rude to come to FSFX's forum and tell others not to buy FSFX products as they are buggy.  Who called him a liar? No one did. They just defended a stand up developer who was being slandered for no just reason. Just because he has problems doesn't immediately make it a problem with FSFX programs.

• Upvote 1

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Thanks for sharing your opinions guys but let's go back to being productive. I will lock this thread as it is no loger support-related.

To the OP, if you want support, send us an email or start another thread with useful information about your issue. Maybe someone will be more inclined to help you.

• Upvote 4

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42