Sign in to follow this  
Tomas Linnet

problem with LINDA 3.0.1

Hi There

I'm may be missing the obvious here, but I'm not able to get LINDA 3.0.1 working. I recently installed a SSD and took the opportunity to switch to FSX SE. I did a full back up of my FSX Modules folder. after downloading the newest FSUIPC ver 4.971 and LINDA 3.0.1 I have not been able to control anything. I then deleted all LINDA files from my modules folder and took the ones from my old folder. The LINDA version I was running was 2.5.7(old I know) but before I formatted it worked and it is still working, every assignment is there and OK.

With 3.0.1 I con not get anything to work. I've tried to take my actions.lua file only and then tried to map my controllers. LINDA can see my controllers and I can map them, but my aircraft will not respond to them.

Any suggestions are more than welcome

Cheers

Tomas

Hi Tomas 

First of all, please ensure you have clicked on FSXSYNC and that the aircraft name is outlined in orange. Unless LINDA is sync-ed then none of the buttons will work. 

As you will have found, FSX-SE has a unique installation setup with the core files buried in the steam directory. I have not tested LINDA 3.0.1 with FSX-SE as I principly use P3D. You need to locate the FSX-SE directory and modules directory. 

I would take your backup and install it in the /modules. Then install the latest FSUIPC4 and then LINDA 3.0.1. This should allow 3.0.1 to pick up your previous working installation. If this does not work, please follow the diagnosis thread and send me the linda2.log and fsuipc4.log. I will then look to see what may be going wrong,

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hi Andrew.

Yes, FSX sync is checked and the aircraft name is orange.

FSUIPC and LINDA is installed in the Modules folder in the Steam directory.

After testing with LINDA 2.5.7 which is working, I reinstalled LINDA 3.0.1, still no response in my A2A aircraft. I use Guenseli's modules, with a few modifications.:

1: LINDA 3.0.1

2: A2A Cessna 172R ver 1.0.2 with minor mods.

3: FSX SE

4: A2A Cessna 172R, C182 P-51D Civilian, with Accu-Sim aupdate 4-13-2017 succesfully installed.

5 - 6: LINDA is responding to my controllers and I can program them. pressing a button on the controller will not change anything on the aircraft. All axis are configured via a registered FSUIPC ver 4.971, common buttons e.g. hat switch is setup in FSUIPC. Today I noticed an error displayed by LINDA saying something about a missing HID. Both the the "linda" and the linda-cfg folder is the same as I use with LINDA 2.5.7.

FSUIPC4.log and linda2.log is sent.

Hi Tomas

I have spotted your problem. With FSX-SE you have a default C172 and a A2A C172. LINDA is finding the A2A version and then the default. This means it is getting confused and is reverting to the Default FSX settings for which you do not have a config-hid.lua defined. I suggest the aircraft name is showing Default FSX not A2A C172.

I suggest open the directory c:\spil\steamapps\common\fsx\simobjects\airplanes\ and locate the default C172. You need to rename the the folder and C172.air file to A172. It must be a name different from that used for A2A C172. This should resolve your problem.

I also suggest you load a default aircraft and define your buttons with those functions that you generally use across all aircraft (e.g. zoom in/out). These assignment will then apply to all aircraft (appear as green assignments) unless you define alternative ones for each aircraft.  

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Andrew

in my C:\Spil\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes I have a C172 and a A2A_C172, so the folder names are not the same. In my C:\Spil\steamapps\common\FSX\Modules\linda-cfg\aircrafts\C172 I do have a config-hid.lua file?

I also have the same problem with the A2A C182, and there is only on C182 on my system.

It is not just the folder name but the aircraft file they contain. The C172 and C182 parts are causing the conflict. The same problem applies to the Aerosoft Airbus.

LlNDA requires each aircraft to have a unique name. If you look at the FSUIPC4.log you sent me, you will see 2 lots of 'module found'. You must separate them by renaming the one you don't want to us.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Andrew

Finally back looking into this.(being a house owner takes to much of my own time;-) )

I did a new clean install of 3.0.2, downloaded new modules and copied Guenters module and every thing works. only thing is I have a longer delay with 3.0.2 than I have with 2.6.7. FPS is at a steady 29.x(limited to 30) using both versions.

Did I miss anything, is LINDA getting smarter, but slower?

Hi Tomas

I am glad you have things working now. What do you mean by a 'longer delay'? There have been a few changes in timings but button presses are handled at the same rate as before.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

hi

Here's the videos, med with my iphone, I hope you can open them.

1st 2.6.7 more or less all of the controls programmed with LINDA.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s5juwt5y391xk8o/LINDA 2-6-7.MOV?dl=0

Next up is 3.0.2, new install, only the magneto switch is programmed with LINDA.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xq1qfnb8tfigfyj/LINDA 3.0.2.MOV?dl=0

Common:

saitek controls:

Yoke with throttle

throttle

Switch Panel

Multi Panel

Radio panel

32 button Leo Bodnar Board

for this comparison all displays are handled by SPAD

Hi Tomas

I see the problem. It is slow and in one instance the function is not actioned. What function assignments are you using for the engine start switch? I will take a look.

Can you remove SPAD with 3.0.2? This will remove any conflict. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Tomas

I have tried the Multi Panel with the A2A C172 with LINDA 3.0.2 on P3Dv4. I am see no delays when operating the Engine Start switch. Each selection operates immediately with only LINDA operating (I do not use SPAD).

My assignments from the A172 module are:

14 = A172 Magneto stop

15 = A172 Magneto right

16 = A172 Magneto left

17 = A172 Magneto both

18 = FSX: ENGINE AUTO START:0 (as I can never start the engines as you are supposed to).

I would recommend that if you wish to use LINDA then you should stop SPAD running. There are too many issues when trying to use both sets of software.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

all my tests are done with the A2A Mustang Civ. programming on 3.0.2 is done with a complete stock A2A P51 Mustang ver 2.0 module. With 2.6.7 I use a heavily modified version of the same module.

thanks for looking into this. I did try to use LINDA for the panels(Radio and Multi) before installing SPAD, but I had around 1 second of delay when pressing the buttons on the panels, that test was done with LINDA 3.0.1. New test done with 3.0.2, result is better than on the video, but the delay is more noticeable than with 2.6.7 and SPAD.

Hi Tomas

There was/is a 1sec delay in the display if you tried the LUA implemented code lib-saitek.lua with 2.6.7 and also is 3.0.x. However, in 3.0.x (with Saitek Panels ticked in Setup LINDA the Saitek panels are handled with the GUI code and there should be no delay for the Radio and Multi panel operation or display. However, each panel has to be disabled in Setup Joysticks and no other software (SPAD) should be running. The Switch panel should operate like any other joystick device except that the OnPress and OnRelease actions need to be assigned to the switches.

If you are planning modifying any modules I recommend that you place all your code including modified copies of the originals in the aircraft user.lua file. This will help ensure your changes are not overwritten when an updated module is released.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK