Sign in to follow this  
RFields5421

Ultimate GA BBJ AI package question

Does the Ultimate GA BBJ package include the US Navy 737-700's? I already have Project AI's Navy 737's and if this package contains those planes, then I need to delete the Project AI ones first. (I ask because I see this BBJ package includes the Australia Air Force 737-700's)I asked this in the Ultimate GA forums but I figured it get a quicker response here.

Thanks guys. Now I just need to delete the Project AI Australian BBJ stuff I have.

I have another Ultimate GA question In the Gulfstream 4 package it says there is a Gulfstream 300 in there. Is that the same plane as in the Gulfstream 3 package?

The Gulfstream 300 and Gulfstream 400 are different versions of the modified Gulfstream IV airframe. They were only produced for a relatively short time.I see only one G-300 registered in the US and only 9 model 400's.The two current models for that airframe are the G350 and G450 - which have identical exterior and interior dimensions and the same engines. The G450 has a larger fuel capacity - 3,500 lbs - and a longer range - 550 nm - at the cost of a smaller payload capacity, a heavier overall weight and a longer takeoff requirement.For AI model purposes the one model works for all five aircraftThe Gulfstream III is a different aircraft airframe. The Gulfstream III is much closer to the Gulfstream II than to the G-IV.It uses the same basic airframe but with a revised wing with a wider span, winglets, more fuel, a reprofiled nose and a 3'2" fuselage stretch.The Gulfstream II-B is a G-II with a G-III wing.The G-III model ceased production in 1986 with the G-IV being the standard of the company.

One other point - the US Navy C-40A aircraft are not BBJ's.They are modified 737-700C NG aircraft.Should the purchase / program go through - the 737 which will replace the P-3 Orion moight be a BBJ aircraft.The USAF T-43A aircraft are older generation 737-200's.The C-40B is the "executive aircraft" with special high level secure communications equipment for senior government and military leaders. It is configurable for 26-32 passengers. There appear to be two or three currently in service.02-0042 might have been returned to Boeing as per the original purchase contract for upgrading and additional communications equipment.The US Air Force has ordered and additional three (3) C-40C aircraft which will be built on the BBJ platform - to be delivered starting in 2007.The C-40C aircraft is a changable configuration to vary from 41 to 111 passengers. The DC Air National Guard received their two C-40C aircraft in the fall of 2002.There are five USAF C-40 series aircraft included in the BBJ package -01-0015 - C-40B - 89th Airlift Wing, Andrews AFB, Maryland01-0040 - C-40B - 89th Airlift Wing, Andrews AFB, Maryland02-0042 - C-40B - 89th Airlift Wing, Andrews AFB, Maryland02-0201 - C-40C - 201st Airlift Sqdn, DC-ANG, Andrews AFB, Maryland02-0202 - C-40C - 201st Airlift Sqdn, DC-ANG, Andrews AFB, MarylandAccording to the US Air Force website (Fact File) dated Jan 2006 - one C-40B has been assigned to the 15th Airlift Wing at Hickham in Hawaii - but we have been unable to find photobraphs or independent verification that the aircraft is in Hawaii.Though recent photos on the web show aircraft #01-0015 operating in New Zealand, Australia, China and Tonga recently.