Sign in to follow this  
brucewtb

A strange problem

Over the last couple of weeks I have been encountering a strange FS9 anomaly. I usually fly in windowed mode and on some flights (not all) the menu bar will disappear and the display at the botton of the screen will be garbled - see screenshoot. FS9 continues to run but I can't get into full screen mode (FS frezes and the display goes black), I can't open other programs although any that are open continue to run normally. The only way I can shut down FS9 gracefully is through task manager if I happen to have it open - otherwise a hard reboot is required.Now I only seem to get this problem when I have traffic enabled. I can park my PMDG 737 at KORD for hours with no problems without traffic enabled. Then once I enable traffic and things get moving I get this anomaly, usually takes about 10 minutes or so.Grateful for any assistance.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Hi Bruce,are you using Walk & Follow? Someone recently had a similar problem that he got rid of by disabling the W&F module in situations that already required heavy resource use by FS. And his problems started whenever he enabled AI traffic, even just the default at a low percentage setting.Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger. Yes, by a process of elimination, I have decided that Walk & Follow is the culprit but thanks for the confirmation. To be precise it is the dbs.cockpitwalk.dll that needs to be disabled. Once this is done things seem to be OK but I am still testing. Previously I had thought that W&F wasn't the problem because I had disabled DBS.WalkAndFollow.dll but the problem persisted. Only got W&F because of the lack of wingviews in the PMDG 747 (still quite brassed off that that feature was not included in the PMDG 747 forcing folks to buy a buggy program like W&F if they want wingviews.)Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."