Sign in to follow this  
N1125Y

Help! FPS issue related to full screen only

.. I know this tread is a bit old, but until yesterday I did not have any issue with full screen performance vs win mode, mean the pretty much gave me the same FPS, however, all of a sadden I get half the FPS in Full Screen than in win mode. I'm not even sure how to start trouble shoot

Any thoughts ???

Cheers    

4 hours ago, N1125Y said:

.. I know this tread is a bit old 

Since it was a necropost and nonresolution was found in the one you dug up, best to start a new topic. I split this from the old one.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Windows desktop settings control the windowed mode in FSX, but when in fullscreen there are various ways to affect it and how it may perform. If you have the NVidia graphics run the Nvidia Control Panel and in Manage 3D Settings, choose the Program Settings FSX profile and Restore/Apply. Check again between fullscreen and windowed. If you use undocked panels try docked vs undocked see if any major problems.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

TNX Steve

Well, seems like I didn't pay attention to what is going on prior to posting the thread. & 'actually, when you undock view and drop it to second monitor, there is no much different between the 2 modes

However, & this is what is frustrating me right now. I was running GTX970, setting all via DX10 fixer and NVinspector. with 2 monitors 42" Plasma 1080x1920 & 15" 768x1366 Frames locked at 30 via application in a Full Screen. opening another VC dragging it to the second monitor and still get 30FPS, all  is smooth & steady at about 30FPS. sweet :-)

Now, I upgraded to GTX980 launched FSX-SE in Full Screen open the second view in the small monitor and all dropped to 15FPS, close the Second view, and back to 30FPS, change the frame to unlimited and get about 22-24fps on both monitor .... it doesn't make any sense & i Have no clue where to & how to start troubleshooting   (-:  

Any ideas ????

2 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

Since it was a necropost and nonresolution was found in the one you dug up, best to start a new topic. I split this from the old one.

I'll do so

tnx

Yair

Try another NVidia driver or complete reinstall refresh of the driver.

...same ..... this Sim can drive me nuts, I do not understand how Simmers can run Heavy Complex Aiplans in Super High resolution  on Multi-Monitor set up with tons of addons & all the sliders are max to the right and they achieve Super Performance .. & me, with one little Single Prop Bird with no Addons other than FTX SoCal no AI no Traffic, get his Sim (with pretty decent HW) to its knees, with one 1080x1920 42" TV & 15" low resolution monitor    ..crazy   

Can you remember changing anything prior to the problem?

..nothing, nada all remain the same, just pulled one card and dump the other one I double checked NVInspector ( base on the AVSIM guideline) and it is the same

Same monitor and cable?

yep....all the same , had a chance to change my underwear at the same time but I don't think it matters ..... :-)   

:laugh:

Save away the fsx.cfg

delete the sections: DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX...

start fsx reconfigure screens

10 hours ago, N1125Y said:

just pulled one card and dump the other one

When you changed graphics cards, did you fully uninstall the NVIDIA graphics drivers and reboot the system BEFORE installing the new card? If not, try a full uninstall using Display Driver Uninstaller from https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html followed by a fresh install of the new driver using the "clean install" option as shown here: https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/faqs/000025720/Nvidia-Driver-Clean-Installation/

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

10 hours ago, SteveW said:

:laugh:

Save away the fsx.cfg

delete the sections: DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX...

start fsx reconfigure screens

..done