Sign in to follow this  
captain420

How is this compared to virtualavionics CDU?

I am curious as to what the differences between the 2 if anyone owns the virtualavionics one could do a side by side comparison to Remote CDU, which offers more features and is better overall?

On iPad running iOS 11, I believe you can have split screen safari and basically run 2 instances of Remote CDU, whereas with the virtual cdu app from virtualavionics, I don't think this is possible.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

2 hours ago, captain420 said:

run 2 instances of Remote CDU, whereas with the virtual cdu app from virtualavionics, I don't think this is possible.

aaron

with VA not on the same tablet ... but all features on 2 / 3 tablets for cdu's left / right individually etc for the ONE licence

for now, cheers

john martin

So you're saying Virtual CDU from VA is better? the apps are $20 a piece, quite expensive.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Hi Aaron,

obviously, my opinion is biased so I'll refrain from comparing VA vs. me and I have no objections of this in this forum as long as its civilized (and I don't see a reason why it shouldn't be).

But... I found your idea very interesting (displaying two CDUs simultaneously) and just gave it a try on my iPad. It works :-)

mTNb2.png

Best Regards

Mark

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

hi Mark

how did you do that

can you please give us instructions

thanks

Bo Klop

1 minute ago, BoHappy said:

hi Mark

how did you do that

can you please give us instructions

thanks

Hi Bo,

if you open a second tab in Safari, you can simply 'pull' it down with your finger and you will get a split view.

Let me know if that works for you.

Regards

Mark

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

1 hour ago, captain420 said:

So you're saying Virtual CDU from VA is better? the apps are $20 a piece, quite expensive.

Well, let me give you my opinion. So VAInterface still is not fully there for P3Dv4. In fact, I went to fly a different livery PMDG 747 today and for some reason VAInterface would not work. I had to mess around with the settings and wound up having to restart the sim before VAInterface would see the FMC in the sim. And then guess what happened, 2.5hr into the flight P3Dv4 CTD with an ntdll.dll error. This is a common error thrown up by the system when a memory process between a running app in the background and Windows gets corrupted. This after, many flights with no errors. I know it was related to VAInterface and the still buggy software. If you look in C:\Users\{name}\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 folder in the dll.xml you will see VAInterface there. So my thinking is when something goes wrong with the back ground memory process with that app and it's communication's between it and P3D, it causes the CTD. Well, I've had it with that outfit. I deleted everything to do with it and deleted it from the system, scrubbed the dll.xml and got rid of it from there. 

I then (today) purchased all of Mark's app's for the 3 PMDG planes. Love the fact it does not write to files within the P3Dv4 structure. Brilliant work. Followed the directions and now I have all 3 pinned to my tablet and they open now in full screen. Love it. Hoping this cures my CTD. Will find out tomorrow on my EHAM - KSFO hop. Mark seems to be a good chap when it comes to timely help here in the forum. Was glad to part with 30 Euro's to support a good dev. 

Eric 

+1 on Remote CDU.  

VA is still in beta and works only about half the time.  Marks product delivers and am a very happy customer.  Hoping he develops this for some other birds like Aerosoft A320 etc.

Tony

And with version 4.1 out next week I expect Mark to have it working in a matter of days after release. 

Eric