Sign in to follow this  
blazer05

Microphone issue

First I love FS2Crew.

New PC with specs that exceed the recommended specs for P3D v4.

I have the version of the 737 rebooted that works with P3D v4 and I have this issue.

My mic does not seem to be heard.  I do not see the "green strip" showing what I have said.  I did check the Config and I have that option checked.

I checked the mic in W10 and it works just fine - so I do not believe it is a mic issue.  FYI - it is a USB mic. on a Sennheiser headset.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

FS2Crew is on voice - not button.  I have my headset set up in the Config as the audio for the FO and I have the HS button clicked.

Franklin Duncan

Franklin Duncan

1 - Updated the audio drivers.  There was an update available.  Changed my setting so a search for updates will occur weekly.

2 - ran the training again - W10 has no issues recognizing my mic

3 - Checked this and all are default.

No luck in the PMDG with FS2Crew and my mic.

I really like this product and hope I/we/you can figure out what is going on.

Thanks in advance Bryan for your help.

Franklin Duncan

Franklin Duncan

Maybe this one... from the 737 Reboot FAQs:

Question: I'm running Windows 10.  The system is not hearing my voice.

Answer:

Uninstall Asus Sonic Studio if you have it installed.  That solved it for one user.  Another user had an audio program called Nahimic running on his laptop.  Exiting that software prior to loading FS solved the issue for him.

If using a laptop, you may need to disable your built in mic on the laptop in order for your headset mic to be detected.

Thanks Bryan - first sorry for not reading the Reboot FAQs - I missed those.

Second - I do have the Nahimic program (installed with the MB drivers - thought I might need it) on my new PC.  I will exit that software prior to loading P3Dv4 and let you know the results.

Franklin Duncan

Franklin Duncan

Removed Nahimic program - rebooted PC - no luck.

Read through the FAQs and tried the suggested "fixes" with no luck.

Rebooted computer - no luck.

Deleted and reinstalled FS2Crew - no luck.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Franklin Duncan

Franklin Duncan

I assume you mean a different USB port?

I will try that and see.

I loaded my PMDG 777 and FS2Crew and the same issue occurred. 

So I think it is a problem on my end.

Franklin Duncan

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 10:26 AM, byork said:

Maybe this one... from the 737 Reboot FAQs:

Question: I'm running Windows 10.  The system is not hearing my voice.

Answer:

Uninstall Asus Sonic Studio if you have it installed.  That solved it for one user.  Another user had an audio program called Nahimic running on his laptop.  Exiting that software prior to loading FS solved the issue for him.

If using a laptop, you may need to disable your built in mic on the laptop in order for your headset mic to be detected.

Oh *******...  !!!!  I've been fighting this exact scenario for over a week after a fresh P3Dv4.1 build on a brand new high-end ASUS gaming system, experiencing the same symptoms as the OP.  Per the above, I soon as I uninstalled the "ASUS Sonic Radar" and the "ASUS Studio 3" apps from my new build and rebooted, I could finally see some voice activity in FS2Crew.  This was driving me nuts as it wasn't working in any of my 5 FS2Crew apps.  Thank the lord for the support forums!!!!

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

35 minutes ago, jordanal said:

Oh *******...  !!!!  I've been fighting this exact scenario for over a week after a fresh P3Dv4.1 build on a brand new high-end ASUS gaming system, experiencing the same symptoms as the OP.  Per the above, I soon as I uninstalled the "ASUS Sonic Radar" and the "ASUS Studio 3" apps from my new build and rebooted, I could finally see some voice activity in FS2Crew.  This was driving me nuts as it wasn't working in any of my 5 FS2Crew apps.  Thank the lord for the support forums!!!!

Yes, those Asus programs can interfere with speech recognition programs.  It's not just FS2Crew that's affect.  Other voice programs are hit, too.

You should be able to get away, however, with those closing those Asus programs rather than uninstalling them.