Sign in to follow this  
caleb1

Voices Not Working

I have the VoxAtc trial.  I installed all of the VoxPop voices, and enabled all the voices except the Microsoft ones in the VoxATC Voice Configurator.  Then when I start a flight and clicked enable, it said "7.4 Initializing", but I don't hear "test, test" like i did with the Microsoft voices before installing the VoxPop voices.  So I exited the simulator and went to the settings tab in the voice Configurator, and clicked speak next to the VoxPop Voices.  I did not hear anything.  I reinstalled the VoxPop voices and had the same problem.  The Microsoft voices made a sound when I clicked speak next to them, so I enabled them, and disabled all the VoxPop voices.  But when I started a flight, it had the same issue.  After clicking enable in the VoxAtc panel, it said "7.4 Initializing", but I did not hear "test, test".

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

I am using P3D v3.4.

Thanks in advance.

Caleb Byers

PC: HP Envy 750, Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz (max 4.0 GHz), 24GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 745 with 4GB Memory, 2TB SSHD Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

Simulators:  Prepar3D v3.4, Prepar3D v4.5, FSX:SE, FSX:Gold Edition

Using the FSX Deluxe Edition SDK SP2 for development.

The VOXPop voices are 64 bit, so no they don't work with anything but P3d V4. The 32 bit versions of the VOXPop voices that worked in V6 are here:

http://voxatc.com/Home.aspx/V6Download

You might want to email the VOXATC developer via the official website, before you try installing them, though.

VoxPop voices from the usual download section do also work in 32 bit sims (I have them working perfectly fine in FSX SE). When you start VOXATC after a computer reboot, the Voxpop voices take a bit of time to start (if you configured them based on the suggested configuration in download section, it takes about 1 min to have all the voices initialized). Subsequent start ups are very fast (as long as you haven't rebooted or shutdown the machine).

I did have a similar problem to what you faced except that the error I got after initialization was that speech recognition was not installed (though it was). I fixed it by reinstalling voxatc couple of times followed by going through the entire speech recognition setup (the recognition tutorial setup in speech settings in Windows).

Thanks everyone for your answers.

Caleb Byers

PC: HP Envy 750, Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz (max 4.0 GHz), 24GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 745 with 4GB Memory, 2TB SSHD Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

Good Day Caleb1,   I am having the Exact same problem that you stated regarding the lack of voices. When I start up VOXATC7 ( P3Dv3.4 as well ) I don't hear "Test, Test". If I continue, the program seems to hear me okay, but I don't hear any response from ATC.  Also, the same on the voice configuration page.  No voice when I click Speak.  My question is, did you ever resolve this problem?  If so, what did you do to get the voices to finally work correctly?   Thanks.  I'm anxiously awaiting your answer.       Bubbapat.

Good Day Caleb1,   I am having the Exact same problem that you stated regarding the lack of voices. When I start up VOXATC7 ( P3Dv3.4 as well ) I don't hear "Test, Test". If I continue, the program seems to hear me okay, but I don't hear any response from ATC.  Also, the same on the voice configuration page.  No voice when I click Speak.  My question is, did you ever resolve this problem?  If so, what did you do to get the voices to finally work correctly?   Thanks.  I'm anxiously awaiting your answer.       Bubbapat.

Hi Bubbapat,

I did resolve my problem, but I am not 100% sure how.  I just had been trying things, and then started the simulator, and it worked.  you might want to disable and then enable the VOXPOP voices, and see if that works.  I think the one of the possibilities why it was not working was that my volume was too low.  Try raising your PC volume and the voice volumes in the VoxATC Voice Configuration to the maximum.  Also, do you see the ATC talking to you in the message log?  If so, then it probably has something to do with the voices or volume.  If not, then it might be something totally different.

Glad to help.

Caleb Byers

Hi Caleb1,  Si I tried turning up the volume on all of the voices and just like you stated, the only one that I get and voice from is the Microsoft voice.

I'll keep playing around with them and hopefully will hit upon the solution.  In the meantime, thank you for your help.  At least I got Something . . . !  :-)

Have a Great weekend!

3 hours ago, Bubbapat said:

Hi Caleb1,  Si I tried turning up the volume on all of the voices and just like you stated, the only one that I get and voice from is the Microsoft voice.

I'll keep playing around with them and hopefully will hit upon the solution.  In the meantime, thank you for your help.  At least I got Something . . . !  :-)

Have a Great weekend!

Your very welcome.

Caleb Byers

I have got the same problem as discussed in this thread.  Everything worked ok earlier, but after updating P3D to v4.2 I have lost the voices. I am not sure the cause is the update, but I lost the voxpop voices after the update. Does anyone have a solution? I have deleted both  voxatc and Voxpop, and reinstalled but with the same result.

My VoxATC problem is solved, but I can’t explain why. I don’t have English win 10, so the first I checked when I lost the Voxpop voices was that windows still used English U S as language. Tonight I just deleted English US, restarted the pc, reinstalled it and did Speech recognition and Microphone settings again, and no everything seems to be back as it should be. Can these problems be caused by Windows updates?

I have the same issue in April 2020.

The 3 Microsoft voices work perfectly but the VOX voices simply do not load when I initialise the app within FSX SE, I get to the point of taxi-ing into position on the runway with some nice voices provided by Microsoft but then all goes quiet and I am left reading text in a box instead of hearing voices - pointless!

I'm glad its just the trial anyway to be honest as the VOX voices sound pathetic anyway and I wouldn't waste my money on it. The default voices within FSX sound far better.

That obviously does not resolve the issue of WHY the voices don't load, I suspect that the microsoft voices are already on the local drive and provided by windows whereas the VOX voices are stored somewhere else?

Who knows, the only thing that you can be certain of is that FSX is a minefield of flaws, faults and other strange anomolies when you introduce DLC and other apps into it!!

Edited by magicands