Sign in to follow this  
GACSavannah

Open apology

A few days ago I dealt with three VERY stressful events, then made it home and encountered an event while using X-Plane that about blew me over the edge. As a result I made a disparaging comment about needing to re-activate X-Plane very frequently. On this regard...

1. I should NOT have allowed my previous stress roll over to here. For this I apologize to all, especially the X-Plane franchise.

2. As another poster pointed out, it was NOT X-Plane causing me to frequently re-enter my purchase verification, it was another product used within X-Plane, that uses an interface that looks remarkably like the X-Plane interface itself. It turns out that it is this add on that is requesting me to reauthorize my purchase ever 2 weeks, and now I just need to decide to keep the offending add on or simply remove it and count the $$ spent on it as simply sacrificed in the name of a peaceful existence.

So, once again please, apologies to all....

• Upvote 7

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

Meh...apology not necessary, but accepted nonetheless.  We all have those days and sometimes cannot see the forest for the trees.  It's good to blow a little steam every now and then...hahahahaha....makes for interesting reading if nothing else.

• Upvote 1

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

Oh BTW....love Savannah GA!!!  Been there many times over the years.  As a matter of fact, my daughter is teaching high school over in Beaufort County SC which is only a stones throw from Savannah.  Her fiance just finished his fourth co-op at Gulfstream and will be working there full time in January after he graduates from Clemson in December.  Life is good on all accounts.

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

Really? What department does her fiancé serve in? What's his name, if you don't mind me asking. Perhaps I have run across him from time to time. Beaufort is pretty. We love heading in that direction , Hilton Head, the whole area when ever we have some free time.

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

Saw the original posts, mighty big of you to apologize.  You know I have seen many many more rants far worse than your my friend.

cheers.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

1 hour ago, GACSavannah said:

Really? What department does her fiancé serve in? What's his name, if you don't mind me asking. Perhaps I have run across him from time to time. Beaufort is pretty. We love heading in that direction , Hilton Head, the whole area when ever we have some free time.

I think he worked in a different department for each co-op and I am not sure what department hired him.  His major is Mech engineering, so pretty sure that's what he'll be doing.  We are headed down to see my daughter this weekend and I'll ask him.  I'll have to ask him first before I can give out his name if that's ok.  So, thinking you may have run across him, does that mean you work there also?  It's a YUGE place.  I used to see the hangars and jets from the other side of the airport when my air guard unit would come down from SC to the Savannah CRTC site.

Kerry,

Your apology says a lot about the kind of man you are in the real world. We have all strayed from time to time and did and said the wrong thing when we should not have, or failed to say or do the right thing when we could have.

That is the cost of any degree of friendship and fellowship we share here with each other, imperfections and all. You are a good guy.

Kind regards,

4 hours ago, GACSavannah said:

apologies to all

Agree with all comments, no apology necessary Kerry, we all have have our days. By the way, here's an Amen to you sig.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Thank you everyone. 

> By the way, here's an Amen to you sig.

Cool Thanks  :0)

>So, thinking you may have run across him, does that mean you work there also?  It's a YUGE place.

Yes, it is a YUGE place, and seems to be getting yuger all the time. Yes, I have been there since 2007, and was on the customer side starting way back in 1983.

• Upvote 1

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA

>What's the add on?  I might be able to help.

Thank you Goran,  but I think I have it taken care of. No need to drag what is otherwise a quality product through the dirt. If things resume as before, I may call on you for help. :0)

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA

9 hours ago, GACSavannah said:

It turns out that it is this add on that is requesting me to reauthorize my purchase ever 2 weeks

Turn off auto update of the main sim.  Add-on detects that there is a version change and ask you to validate again.  Opt out of any beta and only change version when you want will remove this stupid reactivation/re-authorization step.  I wonder why that add-on maker chose this protection method, because it is infuriating that legitimate license owner has to confirm over and over again.  It seems that you made your peace and still stay with the hobby.  Believe me, many days I want to throw everything out of the windows and walk away, so I certainly understand the frustration.  

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

> Turn off auto update of the main sim.  Add-on detects that there is a version change and ask you to validate again.

Yes, that is pretty much the advice I have followed. I am hopeful it will prevent future recurrences. Obviously I would agree that it is frustrating to go through the reactivations over and over. 

I would never consider leaving the hobby. I have been involved with this stuff for over 20 years, since way back when I bought my first copy of FS4 by BAO (Bruce Artworks... even before Microsoft found it).

Wow, that was a long time ago :0)

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA

1 hour ago, GACSavannah said:

>What's the add on?  I might be able to help.

Thank you Goran,  but I think I have it taken care of. No need to drag what is otherwise a quality product through the dirt. If things resume as before, I may call on you for help. :0)

No intention at all of dragging it through the mud.  For all intents and purposes, it might be something I made.  If you still need help, PM me.

• Upvote 1