Sign in to follow this  
nocaltom

Stutters 4k tv P3dv4

1 hour ago, nocaltom said:

p3d v4 settings reasonable 8xmsaa 

You are using 4k try with no AA at all and work up from there you will see a negative impact with every change up. This should help with any 4k setting as AA is not really needed IMO and is a boat anchor.

A.Chryss - near YSCB

1. ASUS ROG STRIX X299 i9-7900X (delid - 4.9Ghz All Cores), EK 420x45 RAD, D5 Pump, EK monoblok, 32GBs GSkill 3600MHz ram 1T, Gig Aorus GTX1080Ti (2075Mhz), SSung 970 Evo 2TB & 1Tb & 960Evo 500GB NVMe, 2xSSDs. XBox controller for camera views. - Flight sims

2. ASUS ROG STRIX X570 Ryzen 3900X - 4.3Ghz (12 cores) Corsair H115i, Gig 2080Ti OC, 32MHz ram 2x 970EVO 1TBNVME  3x ssd etc.  P3D v4.5 & v5, XP11 & DCS. 43"-4k + 27"-2k monitors & tablets. Warthog controllers, Honeycomb Yoke, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, TrackIR . - Games server

10 minutes ago, Uteman said:

You are using 4k try with no AA at all and work up from there you will see a negative impact with every change up. This should help with any 4k setting as AA is not really needed IMO and is a boat anchor.

Hi

yes I have a 49 inch 4K lg

will try with no AA 

thanks

On 21/08/2017 at 4:43 PM, nocaltom said:

Hello, I have searched the forums and tried numerous settings and still cant fine the sweet spot regarding stutters at my payware airports. I have all flightbeam and most FSDT airports. I have a 4K Samsung TV that is capable of 60 hz and 30 hz. I have tried with vsync on and off with triple buffing on. I have tried locking frame rates and unlimited. I mostly use KSFO flightbeam for testing. GPU and CPU usage around 50-60% even when stuttering. I have ORBX norcal and socal installed. I normally test with the PMDG NGX and only have issues on take off and landing with stutters.  I have a I7 6700k at 4.2 ghz and a dedicated 1 TB ssd for p3dv4. My Gpu is a 980ti SC and I,m using the latest  drivers installed. I,m curious what settings others are using with similar set up especially the 4k Tv. All advice is welcome.

Thanks,

Tom Davis

Your problem is your GPU, that video card will struggle to run P3DV4 under 4k with medium settings.

Try removing Dynamic lighting and all shadows, perhaps that will help to improve your performance.

You should try to upgrade your video card, if budget is not a problem go for a 1080ti.

Best Regards 

Simbol 

1 hour ago, simbol said:

Your problem is your GPU, that video card will struggle to run P3DV4 under 4k with medium settings.

Try removing Dynamic lighting and all shadows, perhaps that will help to improve your performance.

You should try to upgrade your video card, if budget is not a problem go for a 1080ti.

Best Regards 

Simbol 

Hi simbol

I have 2 titans sc sli

i get great performance 

no dl enabled at say ksfo HD flightbeam

at gate then I start taxing panning a little I get stutter lag 

a few seconds then fine

I I then take off 28 r

rolling past terminal

look left and i lag for split second then fine

on 6 mile final for cyvr

some lag stutter

land then completely stutter free 

13 hours ago, mikeymike said:

Hi

I know this is an old topic

i just purchased a few of flightbeam airports  with the Christmas sales on

i have also ksfo HD v2

i an having issues taking off on 28L

approaching the terminal my FPS fluctuate 

all features off in manager

p3d v4 settings reasonable 8xmsaa 

30 hz 4K tv

2 Titans sc

ssd

i74790k 4.7

dL on in p3d

all other payware aiports are fine

just at ksfo 

any help is appreciated 

thanks

mike

I still have the same stutter at the precise location down the runway 28L and close on the approach to 28R..Try using chaseplane to move to those spots. The problem is with FTXNCA.I have no issues with OPENLCNA and vector 

Thanks Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

5 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

I still have the same stutter at the precise location down the runway 28L and close on the approach to 28R..Try using chaseplane to move to those spots. The problem is with FTXNCA.I have no issues with OPENLCNA and vector 

Thanks Michael Moe

Hi michael

i just have global and vector 

and vector settings adjusted as on ribs guide for stutter free

ita weird, it stutters a little then stops and then I taxi it’s fine and then lag stutter a little then stops 

I’m lost

ksfo to  cyvr fsdt

cyvr approach lag a little 6 mile out and landing

Taxi is  fine 

it’s weird

16 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

Hi michael

i just have global and vector 

and vector settings adjusted as on ribs guide for stutter free

ita weird, it stutters a little then stops and then I taxi it’s fine and then lag stutter a little then stops 

I’m lost

ksfo to  cyvr fsdt

cyvr approach lag a little 6 mile out and landing

Taxi is  fine 

it’s weird

Hmm then it must be something else as i have the exact same issue. Strange thing that disabling FTXNCA makes it go Away on my system 

What is your location at FSDT CYVR so I can test.? My FPS droppes precisely at those spots btw.

Maybe Vector or  graphic drivere? What version are you using? 

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

08R arrival fsdt cyvr 

1.52 vector

388.71 driver

i tried default setting P3d no shadows 

I am stumped 

1 hour ago, mikeymike said:

Hi simbol

I have 2 titans sc sli

i get great performance 

no dl enabled at say ksfo HD flightbeam

at gate then I start taxing panning a little I get stutter lag 

a few seconds then fine

I I then take off 28 r

rolling past terminal

look left and i lag for split second then fine

on 6 mile final for cyvr

some lag stutter

land then completely stutter free 

Mikey,

I know there is a bug on P3DV4 which causes random pauses like these with certain scenaries, have you tried to disable the KSFO add-on temporally and check if the problem persist? If it doesn't then you need to contact the developer of this airport and report the problem.

In any case be sure your screen is in sync with your simulator, this is very important at higher resolutions like 4K, try to lock your simulator at 30FPs or 27FPS and your screen at 30Ghz, some people have found that their screens perform better with 4K with 29Ghz or 28Ghz.

the problem you might be experiencing is that on those specific spots the simulator is taking long time to load some textures dropping the FPS and your screen is getting out of sync causing the stutter.

Best of luck,

Simbol 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, simbol said:

Mikey,

I know there is a bug on P3DV4 which causes random pauses like these with certain scenaries, have you tried to disable the KSFO add-on temporally and check if the problem persist? If it doesn't then you need to contact the developer of this airport and report the problem.

In any case be sure your screen is in sync with your simulator, this is very important at higher resolutions like 4K, try to lock your simulator at 30FPs or 27FPS and your screen at 30Ghz, some people have found that their screens perform better with 4K with 29Ghz or 28Ghz.

the problem you might be experiencing is that on those specific spots the simulator is taking long time to load some textures dropping the FPS and your screen is getting out of sync causing the stutter.

Best of luck,

Simbol 

Thanks for the reply will do further testing

my response is at 30hz

vsync on triple buffer on

Unlimited FPS 

pretty smooth for most days flight 

just in those certain scenarios

kmsp same issue on only take off and landing 

everything unchecked in manager for testing

kden is fine though 

damn it 

i feel like I am just throwing money away.

when I work hard for it  and want to enjoy my hobby in the spare time that I have away from Kids and wife.

And I can’t

kinda frustrating.

thanks for the help guys

edit

also noticed on those certain spots and approach 

the FPS will jump from stable 30 to 40 45 28 And 32 And continuously fluctuaiting 

then stable 30 again panning 

15 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

when I work hard for it  and want to enjoy my hobby in the spare time that I have away from Kids and wife.

And I can’t

kinda frustrating.

I totally understand you, we will try to get to the bottom of the problem.

16 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

edit

also noticed on those certain spots and approach 

the FPS will jump from stable 30 to 40 45 28 And 32 And continuously fluctuaiting 

then stable 30 again panning.

Ok this is why you get the stutters, your Screen is set at 30Ghz and suddenly your FPS are fluctuating all over the place and your screen cannot catch up with your video card, this is a common problem with 4K.

You need to lock your FPS to 27, then try at 28 then at 29 then at 30, find the sweet spot for your screen, you will see how you will be stutter free.

Regards,
Simbol

1 minute ago, simbol said:

I totally understand you, we will try to get to the bottom of the problem.

Ok this is why you get the stutters, your Screen is set at 30Ghz and suddenly your FPS are fluctuating all over the place and your screen cannot catch up with your video card, this is a common problem with 4K.

You need to lock your FPS to 27, then try at 28 then at 29 then at 30, find the sweet spot for your screen, you will see how you will be stutter free.

Regards,
Simbol

Thanks for the reply 

ok so lock at 27

vsync off? Triple buffer off? 

Or leave on? 

5 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

Thanks for the reply 

ok so lock at 27

vsync off? Triple buffer off? 

Or leave on? 

Try with it off and on, you need to play with this until you find the spot for your Screen, not all 4K Screen are the same as some behave better with Vsync and others don't.

This is why you need to experiment, but the fundamental is to lock first at 27 FPS and increase this step by step until you get the stutter again, that means you found the limit.

When you get the right setting write these down for future references in case you need to re-install.

It is similar to OC the CPU were you need to find out if the voltage and speed is stable for your particular CPU, it takes time but when you find it you don't need to touch it ever again.

Regards,
Simbol

1 minute ago, simbol said:

Try with it off and off, you need to play with this until you find the spot for your Screen, not all 4K Screen are the same as some behave better with Vsync and others don't.

This is why you need to experiment, but the fundamental is to lock first at 27 FPS and increase this step by step until you get the stutter again, that means you found the limit.

When you get the right setting write these down for future references in case you need to re-install.

It is similar to OC the CPU were you need to find out if the voltage and speed is stable for your particular CPU, it takes time but when you find it you don't need to touch it ever again.

Regards,
Simbol

I see,

thank  you very much.

i will try this evening.

and will report back.

cheers

mike