nocaltom

Stutters 4k tv P3dv4

7 hours ago, mikeymike said:

Also happening with default ksfo

im

going to try a different driver

any recommendations on driver?

Ok so this could be a fault with P3DV4.

I am using the latest drivers from Nvidia, but I fly mostly in Europe so I haven't tried on KSFO, it would be interesting to see if anyone else is having the problem with default scenary.

Simbol 

On 12/28/2017 at 3:52 AM, simbol said:

Your problem is your GPU, that video card will struggle to run P3DV4 under 4k with medium settings.

Try removing Dynamic lighting and all shadows, perhaps that will help to improve your performance.

You should try to upgrade your video card, if budget is not a problem go for a 1080ti.

Best Regards 

Simbol 

Hi Simbol,

I purchased a 1080ti and still same issue. I,m trying to tweak the refresh rate might try the 25hz setting. 

tom

Tom Davis

I7 6700k 4.7 ghz, gtx 1080ti , 16gb 3400 ram, 32’’ 2k monitor, 1TB ssd, 500gb ssd, 250gb ssd, h115 water cooler

UAL440.png

1 hour ago, nocaltom said:

Hi Simbol,

I purchased a 1080ti and still same issue. I,m trying to tweak the refresh rate might try the 25hz setting. 

tom

Try different combinations 30Ghz and FPS lock at 25 or 25Ghz and FPS lock at 25FPS

S.

By chance you guys aren’t running Win 10, 1709. I updated to the latest Win 10 the other day because I was getting tired of the nagging update reminder. Once I installed 1709 my frames and 30hz sync went to garbage regardless of what drivers I used. I was able to roll back to 1703 and 30hz is smooth again. P3D is not the only Game/Sim effected by this. Just a FYI seeing you’ll have been at this for awhile. Word is the most recent developers preview seems to have fixed the issues with 1709 so let’s hope it’s released soon.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

16 hours ago, nocaltom said:

Hi Simbol,

tom

There is an user here saying that he reverted the Nvidia drivers for his card and the problem was aliviated: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/507022-massive-stuttering-p3d-v34/?page=3

he reverted to Nvidea 377.88 driver 

Maybe it is worth a shot?

Simbol

1 minute ago, simbol said:

There is an user here saying that he reverted the Nvidia drivers for his card and the problem was aliviated: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/507022-massive-stuttering-p3d-v34/?page=3

he reverted to Nvidea 377.88 driver 

Maybe it is worth a shot?

Simbol

Thanks for the info I will check it out tonight:)

Tom Davis

I7 6700k 4.7 ghz, gtx 1080ti , 16gb 3400 ram, 32’’ 2k monitor, 1TB ssd, 500gb ssd, 250gb ssd, h115 water cooler

UAL440.png

46 minutes ago, nocaltom said:

Thanks for the info I will check it out tonight:)

If it's of any help to you I'm also getting stutters and I also have a (new) 1080ti and a 8700k so there's definitely something a foot.  It started about a month ago.  Both the cpu and GPU are not throttled in any way.  I will have a look.  How do you roll back to 1703?

Cheers 

14ppkc-6.png

On 12/28/2017 at 5:49 AM, Michael Moe said:

I still have the same stutter at the precise location down the runway 28L and close on the approach to 28R..Try using chaseplane to move to those spots. The problem is with FTXNCA.I have no issues with OPENLCNA and vector 

Thanks Michael Moe

I have found the same type of issues with performance using the Orbx regions for Ca both northern and southern. I now only install Orbx base and land class with either Orbx or other makers airports. Since I have removed these 2 Orbx regions my flying is much smoother in these areas particularly when I fly in VR with my Rift. Obviously my settings are much reduced for VR but again it performs much better without the heavily loaded Orbx California regions and quite frankly I don’t miss the visual differences particularly since the airport addons look great. Oh and as can be seen in my signature I use a 4K Samsung running at 30Hz with sync, triple buffering, and unlimited frames.

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

Well it’s DL at night

day is smooth as silk.

tried numerous drivers settings etc etc

its gotta be optimized that’s it!!

happy new year guys!

On 30/12/2017 at 11:51 PM, nocaltom said:

Hi Simbol,

tom

Have you used ndivia inspector at all?? I've just spent a month of going nuts with stutters thinking it was the drivers, activesky, sode, windows defender, envtext, windows creator update, black marble, shaders, you name it I thought it was causing it.  When I reset / deleted the ndivia inspector profile it seemed to of fixed the stuttering. 

I alo added affinity mask of 253 and capped the frames at 30 using asus GPU tweak. 

But like baron says, every ones system is different.  I feel your pain, I've just had a month of it

• Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png