Sign in to follow this  
JoeFackel

Extraction of the CDU via Simserver on the same PC?

Hi Mark,

i want to ask if that would be possible. I'm asking because i have now an Hardware-FMC from Opencockpits an could drive it without undocking the CDU in P3D.

Thx in advance.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Okay, i can open the complete FMC on the same PC just using 127.0.0.1. Now it would be interesting if it would be possible to just open the Display itself without the buttons.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Add:

Mark, as you have access to PMDG's instrument data i'm wondering if you can also extract like the PFD's, NAV and the other displays to. Could be a affordable (?) solution for not advanced homepit users like me ;-)

Signature3.png

Hi Joe,

regarding extracting the CDU:

Since this would involve a fair bit of work and I expect the demand to be very low, I'm afraid I need to pass on this.

Regarding PFD/ND display data:

If PMDG were to offer this information (currently they don't), this could indeed be interesting. I do believe demand for this exists. I think, if you or anyone else is interested in this, you should raise it with PMDG for them to add it to their SDK.

Currently, only very generic data would be available (so a PFD without FMA, targets like preset ALT/SPEED, IRS information). I think this would not make everyone happy (including me :-) ).

Regards

Mark

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png