Sign in to follow this  
captain420

How does this compare to Remote CDU?

I'm currently using Remote CDU, but wanted to know about Virtual CDU. Is this product any better, does it have more features vs Remote CDU? Could we run multiple CDU's simultaneously on our iPad. I would love to be able to have 2 or 3 CDU all on the screen at once. Especially with the PMDG 777. This is a big deal to me, so if it can't do that, then I'll probably hold off and wait until that feature is implemented. Could someone do a comparison between the 2 products?

$22 for each CDU is expensive and it seems like Remote CDU can do the same if not more for just a fraction of that price. So if there's something I'm missing that makes Virtual $22, then please let me know. I don't mind spending $22 if its worth it.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

It's has a much faster response to button presses on my tablet, Remote CDU was very laggy for me.

I could not get Virtual CDU (v 2.23.1) working without network failures / disconnects.

So, I purchased Remote CDU and all ok, I have not had any problems.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

On 21/08/2017 at 4:46 PM, captain420 said:

I'm currently using Remote CDU, but wanted to know about Virtual CDU. Is this product any better, does it have more features vs Remote CDU? Could we run multiple CDU's simultaneously on our iPad. I would love to be able to have 2 or 3 CDU all on the screen at once. Especially with the PMDG 777. This is a big deal to me, so if it can't do that, then I'll probably hold off and wait until that feature is implemented. Could someone do a comparison between the 2 products?

$22 for each CDU is expensive and it seems like Remote CDU can do the same if not more for just a fraction of that price. So if there's something I'm missing that makes Virtual $22, then please let me know. I don't mind spending $22 if its worth it.

Hey Captain420,

I'm Vitor from Virtual Avionics, I could try to sell you our product, but instead I'm here to say that we offer a demo version of our Virtual CDU 737 at Play Store. You can download it and get our VAinterface at store.virtualavionics.com.br/downloads, after that you can give us a feedback of what you think about it!

Regards,

On 10/12/2017 at 11:12 AM, vonmar said:

I could not get Virtual CDU (v 2.23.1) working without network failures / disconnects.

So, I purchased Remote CDU and all ok, I have not had any problems.

As of 11-29-2017 not one problem with Remote CDU , purchased July 2017.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

3 hours ago, vitormfs said:

Hey Captain420,

I'm Vitor from Virtual Avionics, I could try to sell you our product, but instead I'm here to say that we offer a demo version of our Virtual CDU 737 at Play Store. You can download it and get our VAinterface at store.virtualavionics.com.br/downloads, after that you can give us a feedback of what you think about it!

Regards,

I am on iOS, is there a demo for iPhone/iPad users?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

On 29/11/2017 at 4:55 PM, captain420 said:

I am on iOS, is there a demo for iPhone/iPad users?

Hey captain420,

We don't have a free version on iOS, we'll be looking how to publish a demo on App Store and I'll let you know. If you want send me your e-mail via private message so I can notify you personaly if it happens. 

Other option is installing an Android simulator in your computer and try it out via desktop.

VirtualAvonics Virtual CDU great product, easy install the only thing is i the va interface select PMDGNGX as a default profile thats it, works like a charm, fast response.