Sign in to follow this  
blazer05

Thanks

I had some issues with CP in P3D v3 that I was unable to resolve even with developer assistance.

I came to believe it was not Chase Plane related but something else - undiscovered.

Well THANKS - I bought a new PC and now use P3D v 4 and Chase Plane works great.

Many thanks for a great product.

Franklin Duncan

Franklin Duncan

Hi Franklin,

What was the issue you were having?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I could not keep the view from spinning around - it was ok then the view would start spinning to the right very slowly but I could not stop it without changing the view.  But then the new view would start spinning.  Every view change stabilized the view for a couple of minutes - then the spin.

Then I could not seem to keep the assignment using the hat switch.  I would set up - right - down - left and that worked fine.  But the next time I started up the sim - those assignments were gone.  I use a Saitek yoke and the hat switch on that yoke.

All assignments other than the hat switch remained.  Only the hat switch assignments disappeared.

I was having lots of other issues with P3D v3 and my old PC so I am not convinced that Chase Plane was the issue.

You replied to my posts with suggestions, which I appreciated. 

I was leery of trying CP with P3D v4 but bit the bullet and am I glad I did.  I had used your competition with FSX for years and liked it a lot.  But in my opinion Chase Plane is a superior product.

Franklin Duncan

• Upvote 1

Franklin Duncan

I may have spoke too soon.  Last night Chase Plane worked flawlessly with PMDG 737-800.

Tonight PMDG 737-700 - the issue with the disappearing hat switch assignments returned.

Keven - any ideas?

Franklin Duncan

Franklin Duncan

Well checked the PMDG 737-800 again for another issue with FS2Crew and the hat switch assignment has disappeared.

Set it up and it will not save.  All other assignments (buttons, num pad, etc.) work.

Franklin Duncan

Franklin Duncan

Are you talking about Preset assignments or the ones in Preferences?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Are the assignments still in the list but not working or are they showing -Blank- ?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Not at my computer so going off of memory.

The assignment still shows in the list.  But when you click on the assignment - another view opens which normally would show the up view and shows something like 0 degrees but it is blank. 

I can use the hat switch moving it up which then appears the this view (the one mentioned right above) and I can assign the views for looking down - looking right and left (180, 90 and 270).  I click to accept the assignments.

But if I go back to the up view - my assignment has disappeared. 

I had this issue with an old PC and P3Dv3.  But now I have a new PC and P3Dv4 and for a few days the assignment held but now the issue has come back.

I am terrible at describing these types of situations and hope you can make sense of what I tried to describe.

Franklin Duncan

Franklin Duncan

OK nothing seems to work to make the program retain my hat switch assignments.

But now the hat switch moves my view (with Chase Plane operating) like I wanted it to with the assignments.

So for now I think I am OK.  Everything else with Chase Plane seems fine.

Franklin Duncan