Sign in to follow this  
jasonstory44

Best place to find AI models?

Hi guys, so I've been getting into trying to configure UT Live and adding realistic liveries.

Where is the best place to find AI models?  I've downloaded everything from fsaibureau.  Starting to play with AIG, but I see very limited models there.  I've purchased the few payware models from simmarket.

I guess most of the jumbos are covered with those....but where would one find props and general aviation aircraft?

I've tried a search here but it seems like its mostly repaints unless I am not searching correctly.

Thanks Jason

Jason,

Download a copy of the freeware AI Flight Planner (AIFP):

http://stuff4fs.com/open.asp?Folder=AIFP&JS=TRUE

To find all the liveries for freeware models for Southwest Airlines, download the 2017 schedule from AIG. Open the zipped file in AIFP, It will show you all the liveries that are needed to make that schedule work. Right click any of the missing liveries (they should all show up colored red which means that they are missing in your sim install). Then hit Install Repaint. A dialog box will open showing you all the missing liveries. Clicking on all of them will download all these liveries.

Now the hard part. Many of the freeware AI models are FAIB and you can download them from there:

http://fsxaibureau.com/manufacturing/

As to the rest, AIG has links to the either their own models and their forums have a thread "Looking for an AI Model?":

http://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=23926.0

Then it's just a matter of matching up the liveries and models and editing aircraft.cfg for every model. Tedious, but worth it in the long run.

Jay

Where can I download realistic flight schedules for AI models?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

So we have to install individual files for each aircraft? I thought it would be one file that contains all the traffic information.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

1 hour ago, captain420 said:

So we have to install individual files for each aircraft? I thought it would be one file that contains all the traffic information.

If only it were that easy. I've been rebuilding mine from scratch since getting back into simming and it's what consumes most of my time. I've got a little over two months into it and am up to 150 airlines, and that doesn't even touch what the creators spend painting aircraft and putting together flight plans. It's a labor of love.

- Aaron

5 hours ago, captain420 said:

That is where the commercial packages come into the mix, aimed at people who have neither the time or inclination to make their custom AI.As Aaron says above, it can be a Labour or Love but the finished product far outweighs the mass produced packages.

Ian S

38.jpg

IMHO this is one of the biggest shames in the whole community. That we are all individually required to put in weeks of work (or labour of love:-) to enjoy the work of the repainters and modellers. Why on earth they cannot get together and agree that it would be ok to share finished packages with repaints, schedules and models is beyond my comprehension. This is such an outdated way of "protecting" their free of charge intellectual property. 

A real shame. So much credit is due to the guys who do all the work, but it is so sad that they are not cooperating more. And we all waste so much time doing work that 1000s of other simmers have also had to do.

I really really wish this will change and that someone will get the ai community to come together and cooperate for the good of the users.

• Upvote 10

4 hours ago, akamphaug said:

IMHO this is one of the biggest shames in the whole community. That we are all individually required to put in weeks of work (or labour of love:-) to enjoy the work of the repainters and modellers. Why on earth they cannot get together and agree that it would be ok to share finished packages with repaints, schedules and models is beyond my comprehension. This is such an outdated way of "protecting" their free of charge intellectual property. 

A real shame. So much credit is due to the guys who do all the work, but it is so sad that they are not cooperating more. And we all waste so much time doing work that 1000s of other simmers have also had to do.

I really really wish this will change and that someone will get the ai community to come together and cooperate for the good of the users.

Sorry, but I have to disagree with this comment. 

With all the fabulous repaints available (and continually being updated for V4), it's a bit churlish to bemoan about the fact that you have to spend a few minutes of your own time downloading some zip files and editing a few text files to get them into the Sim. 

Personally, I'm just grateful that these guys give us their repaints and schedules for free. 

Gary 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, akamphaug said:

You're right in a way, but it would be such a massive effort to collate all the different models, repaints and flightplans that the nobody would do it all for free and you'll find yourself back at the point of paying for a commercial package.

To be fair, the other hindrance at this time is that many of the models currently in use were made yonks ago by people no longer in the simming community. Therefore they are hardly likely to be inclined to put hours more work into a project they have no intention of benefiting from. However, to their credit, the vast majority of modellers that have been able to be contacted have happily given their permission for their intellectual property to be modified, they don't seem overly precious or protective of it. However one caveat is that their freeware is not to be sold on in a package, which is fair enough. There is a team over at AIG working on updating a number of FS9 models for P3Dv4. Many of those people also spend many hours producing flight-plans and repaints for the rest of us.

• Upvote 1

Ian S

38.jpg

I used freeware AI models for, well, an eternity.  Since moving to P3DV4 I decided to try Ultimate Traffic again, and I have to say that I haven't been happier.  No more work, and the models aren't hard on frames.  It also has some great features like jetways moving to arriving aircraft and moving away from aircraft pushing back all over the airport.

I'd recommend giving it a shot.  I think there is a trial available, but don't quote me on that.

Best wishes.

• Like 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

2 hours ago, garydpoole said:

Sorry, but I have to disagree with this comment. 

With all the fabulous repaints available (and continually being updated for V4), it's a bit churlish to bemoan about the fact that you have to spend a few minutes of your own time downloading some zip files and editing a few text files to get them into the Sim. 

Personally, I'm just grateful that these guys give us their repaints and schedules for free. 

Gary 

I am also forever grateful, I love the models and all their work  

But it does not take minutes. It takes days. And even worse, it takes all of us days. That is a pity, that is a waste of time and should be possible to improve. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

It also has some great features like jetways moving to arriving aircraft and moving away from aircraft pushing back all over the airport.

That's all well and good until you fly over a large airport at FL 380 and framerates tank while 200 jetways suddenly have to move themselves into the correct position.  Personally, I comment out all the exit data in the AI aircraft .cfg files to avoid it.

... and as much as I respect the work done by the AI community, I agree that they are constantly shooting themselves in the foot.  So much of their effort goes to waste because most sane people don't want to spend months (not minutes) tediously assembling models, paints, and schedules.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Ian S said:

You're right in a way, but it would be such a massive effort to collate all the different models, repaints and flightplans that the nobody would do it all for free and you'll find yourself back at the point of paying for a commercial package.

To be fair, the other hindrance at this time is that many of the models currently in use were made yonks ago by people no longer in the simming community. Therefore they are hardly likely to be inclined to put hours more work into a project they have no intention of benefiting from. However, to their credit, the vast majority of modellers that have been able to be contacted have happily given their permission for their intellectual property to be modified, they don't seem overly precious or protective of it. However one caveat is that their freeware is not to be sold on in a package, which is fair enough. There is a team over at AIG working on updating a number of FS9 models for P3Dv4. Many of those people also spend many hours producing flight-plans and repaints for the rest of us.

I agree with you in parts. But if I do not understand why it is too much work to collate and distribute, yet that is what all of us do individually? It would be great if the community could find a way to share these files in an easier way. I have a perfectly amazing setup I have spent days compiling, but I am not allowed to share that with anyone. We all have to spend days creating it ourselves. Maybe someone could create a program that could subscribe to repositories from the modellers or something. In any case, it is a ton of work, and we all do it, I just wish someone would make it easier and less repetitive. 

• Upvote 1