Sign in to follow this  
jasonstory44

Best place to find AI models?

Okay so with all this being said, I agree with some of you guys. I think for those who are really serious about getting to collaborating on a project like this is a good idea. We can all pitch in to do our part to make this easier. But the only thing is we do this free for the community. That is one thing I admire about the X-Plane community.

I have an idea. Why don't we form a new thread or group, where all of us can participate and help each other out. I am really interested in making my own custom AI package, complete with the latest and greatest models, sounds, repaints, and traffic schedules. But I have no clue on how to do this. If somebody can please write a detailed step by step guide for people who are interested in doing this. I think it would benefit everyone. I also have 3rd party AI packages such as UT and MT6, and I'm not really happy about the overall quality. I think if you want it done right, you have to put some time and effort and do it yourself. But it would be much better if we can all work together on doing this.

So here are some questions to get started:

Could someone share links on where to get the latest and best models... where to find repaints (liveries), sounds, traffic schedule, etc... and show us how to put this all together?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

1 hour ago, captain420 said:

Could someone share links on where to get the latest and best models... where to find repaints (liveries), sounds, traffic schedule, etc... and show us how to put this all together?

Why do you want to recreate the wheel?  UT already offers most of what you need and as soon as they release the PowerPack, you'll be able to import all of the 3rd party scheduled into the app.  You can then assign the third-party AI models and you're good to go.  UT has additional features that make it well worth the money - like being able to limit certain types of traffic, etc.  

Just my 2 cents.

Ilya Eydis, PPL, ASEL

I'm just tired of wasting my money, this hobby is expensive as it is... I already purchased UT back then, and then MT6 when I moved to P3D, and I have no interest in purchasing another AI package again. That would make it 3 things I bought that do the same thing. I rather take some time and make my own custom AI package.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Why do you want to recreate the wheel?  UT already offers most of what you need and as soon as they release the PowerPack, you'll be able to import all of the 3rd party scheduled into the app.  You can then assign the third-party AI models and you're good to go.  UT has additional features that make it well worth the money - like being able to limit certain types of traffic, etc

It took me a considerable amount of time and effort importing updated flightplans/repaints into Ultimate Traffic 2. Is it basically the same procedure with Ultimate Traffic Live? One of the problems I encountered was that a lot of fltsim.cfg entries did not have specific ui_variation statements for the different aircraft registrations (which UT2 required to identify each repaint separately), and this increased the workload considerably.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

14 hours ago, captain420 said:

Okay so with all this being said, I agree with some of you guys. I think for those who are really serious about getting to collaborating on a project like this is a good idea. We can all pitch in to do our part to make this easier. But the only thing is we do this free for the community. That is one thing I admire about the X-Plane community.

I have an idea. Why don't we form a new thread or group, where all of us can participate and help each other out. I am really interested in making my own custom AI package, complete with the latest and greatest models, sounds, repaints, and traffic schedules. But I have no clue on how to do this. If somebody can please write a detailed step by step guide for people who are interested in doing this. I think it would benefit everyone. I also have 3rd party AI packages such as UT and MT6, and I'm not really happy about the overall quality. I think if you want it done right, you have to put some time and effort and do it yourself. But it would be much better if we can all work together on doing this.

I'm in.

The content could get a bit convoluted though, so I agree its a good idea to see if the mods will set up a specific sub-forum rather than sidetrack this thread.

Ian S

38.jpg

20 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

It took me a considerable amount of time and effort importing updated flightplans/repaints into Ultimate Traffic 2.

Why not simply using UT2 in Prepar3d v4 then? I also updated my UT2 with tons of flightplans from AIG, new AI models and repaints and that's the reason I did not switch to UTLive.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I stopped using UT2 when I discovered that importing several updated flightplans through PowerPack in P3D v3 resulted in ALL of my flightplans not working. At that point, I decided that I would be prepar3d to live with the idiotic stuff that BGL based AI planes do at times (particularly when they are first loaded).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I'm in my second week of model/texture overhaul.

900 liveries and counting. This takes a LOT of time. And I'm not bothering with bgls since I fly with live traffic only.

Santiago de Larminat

2 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

It took me a considerable amount of time and effort importing updated flightplans/repaints into Ultimate Traffic 2. Is it basically the same procedure with Ultimate Traffic Live? One of the problems I encountered was that a lot of fltsim.cfg entries did not have specific ui_variation statements for the different aircraft registrations (which UT2 required to identify each repaint separately), and this increased the workload considerably.

I've been using some version of UT since the original version was released for FS2002. I've always been a fan, but this has to be one of the most frustrating thing about UT. This issue is probably one of the reasons we see people complaining about not seeing a repaint. It is fixable but it takes work. For those that are not familiar - if 2 paints have the same ui variation and ui model, the GUI will only show one repaint. When you assign that paint, nothing will show up in the sim, because UT doesn't know which title to insert.

Another issue that I find really annoying is it will not recognize paints that are located within their own directory. For example, a couple painters get fancy with their texture folders where they will do something like this:

texture.american\N751AN

texture.american\N721AN

UT cannot read this directory. If it can, I have never been able to figure out how to do it.

Still, while UT has warts, I still love it. Once the full version of UTL is released (remember, it is still a beta), and the power pack is completed, it will be great. In the 14/15 years I have been using the product, I cannot recall an issue that couldn't be overcome. You just have to deal with some of UT's quirks - something we do with just about every product we purchase for this hobby.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

16 hours ago, captain420 said:

AIG Forums.   This has been done in the FS9,FSX,P3D community long before XP. 

This link lets you know what works in v4.   http://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=25472.0

This link shows you where to download FSX, FS9 models for aircraft.  http://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=23926.0

AIG provides the flightplans.

When you open the zip file flightplan in AIFP, it will show all the routes and aircraft for said airline.  When you open the aircraft section, AIFP allows you to download and install repaints for said aircraft.  

BUT you need to have the model ahead of time.  When you download the repaint (open the zip file) it will usually say what model maker and variant it is for. 

You then go to say FAIB, HTAI or UTT or whatever model maker is named and download the model. 

Once the model folder is in your AI folder, you just point the repaint to that folder. 

AIFP does everything for you such as putting the correct number order in aircraft.cfg. 

It really doesn't take that long.  Unless you want to fiddle with the routes and all the little features AIFP lets you do then yes it will take you a long time to get it setup. 

Military AI Works has military aircraft and flightplans etc.  They were all made for FS9.  Some work, some don't.  Their forums will tell you which. 

• Upvote 1

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

yes, lets do that.  I Can for example help with the klm liveries/model collection and so on? :D

Victor Roos

What's the name of the app where it can detect if your AI models are FS9 or FSX?

On 8/23/2017 at 7:25 AM, jason99vmi said:

AIG Forums.   This has been done in the FS9,FSX,P3D community long before XP. 

This link lets you know what works in v4.   http://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=25472.0

This link shows you where to download FSX, FS9 models for aircraft.  http://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=23926.0

AIG provides the flightplans.

When you open the zip file flightplan in AIFP, it will show all the routes and aircraft for said airline.  When you open the aircraft section, AIFP allows you to download and install repaints for said aircraft.  

BUT you need to have the model ahead of time.  When you download the repaint (open the zip file) it will usually say what model maker and variant it is for. 

You then go to say FAIB, HTAI or UTT or whatever model maker is named and download the model. 

Once the model folder is in your AI folder, you just point the repaint to that folder. 

AIFP does everything for you such as putting the correct number order in aircraft.cfg. 

It really doesn't take that long.  Unless you want to fiddle with the routes and all the little features AIFP lets you do then yes it will take you a long time to get it setup. 

Military AI Works has military aircraft and flightplans etc.  They were all made for FS9.  Some work, some don't.  Their forums will tell you which. 

What happens if my Aircraft list is mostly red, what do I do then? Also is there a difference between FSX and P3D v4 models? I am currently using P3D v4, so should I search for that 1st and if I can't find anything then revert to FSX models?

1 hour ago, captain420 said:

What happens if my Aircraft list is mostly red, what do I do then? Also is there a difference between FSX and P3D v4 models? I am currently using P3D v4, so should I search for that 1st and if I can't find anything then revert to FSX models?

Hi Aaron

If you are talking about red aircraft lists, I presume you have AIFP installed. Check the menu tabs on that, I don't have it in front of me but there is an option to run a scan for FS9 aircraft there somewhere. 

Red aircraft basically means that the flightplan wants to have a particular aircraft assigned to that route, but it doesn't have one assigned yet so you just do it manually. Right click on the red aircraft name, click substitute and a menu will come up, which is basically the content of you folder. Locate the aircraft you want to assign and click "Üse selected". You'll see there is a search facility to help locate your aircraft. When I am updating the aircraft.cfg I'll change the title from, for example title=FAIB A319-100 IAE to title=British Airways A319-100 IAE (if there is a special livery or unique identifier for that aircraft put it here as well so you can spot it easily). Then in the search filed just type title=British* and all your BA aircraft will appear and you can select the one you want.

Which models are you looking for, generally FSX models work, but it is not necessarily the case, for instance the OSP ATR series were configured for FSX but were still basically FS9 models so had to be re-done. There is a lot of info about models and updates on the AIG site.

Ian

Ian S

38.jpg