Sign in to follow this  
jasonstory44

Best place to find AI models?

Thanks for your help Ian, I'm trying to do this from scratch. I want only the best and latest models for P3D v4. I know AIG has some, but if not I'll use the next best thing which is FSX models. 

Basically what I want is my AI package to have the best models and features, such as sounds, lighting, repaints, etc. I'm all new to this, so it's kind of confusing with all the information spread out all over the place. Wish there was a tutorial or guide that will show you the exact steps to create your own custom AI package for P3D v4.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

2 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Thanks for your help Ian, I'm trying to do this from scratch. I want only the best and latest models for P3D v4. I know AIG has some, but if not I'll use the next best thing which is FSX models. 

Basically what I want is my AI package to have the best models and features, such as sounds, lighting, repaints, etc. I'm all new to this, so it's kind of confusing with all the information spread out all over the place. Wish there was a tutorial or guide that will show you the exact steps to create your own custom AI package for P3D v4.

I can't speak for payware, but the best free-ware models are produced by FAIB, they are fully compliant with P3dv4 and have working lights, flaps etc. 

So i'd go to http://fsxaibureau.com/manufacturing/ and download Erez's models.

Pick some flightplans that only have a small amount of aircraft variants are limited to just 737s/747s or the A318/18/320/321 family. For example Fly Dubai has just one main and one special livery "1000th 737"or something like that. When you unzip the flightplan, look inside and there is a text document with all the aircraft needed for that flightplan. 

Locate the textures for those aircraft from some of the sites named above, Flying Carpets, Juergen Baumbusch, AVSIM, etc. Then when you have added the texture to the aircraft, you can use AIFP to compile a .bgl which is what will run your AI schedule, airports, aircraft etc for that airline.

Some of the smaller Chinese and Japanese airlines are all 737 or A320. Once you get a bit of practice so the likes of Southwest, Ryanair and Easyjet as they have a small amount of aircraft variations but lots of different textures to add.

I'd avoid any flightplans with 777s in at first, as they have been remodelled at AIG, but require a bit tweaking, same for Dash 8s and ATRs. Just stick to the FAIB models until you get the hang of it. FAIB also has a new 767 in production but it hasn't been released yet. AIG members are currently re-modelling the A330/340 range but it isn't finished. There is payware available, but I can't speak for the quality or number of textures available.

Ian

Ian S

38.jpg

I see, actually I was interested in doing the 777 first, hehehe, but I guess I'll hold off until thats complete. Also is there an A380 model for P3D v4?

I will attempt to do as you said. I see a thread on AIG with the latest Summer 2017 flight plans. So I will grab all of those files 1st and start from there.

Thanks so much for your help.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Just now, captain420 said:

I see, actually I was interested in doing the 777 first, hehehe, but I guess I'll hold off until thats complete. Also is there an A380 model for P3D v4?

I will attempt to do as you said. I see a thread on AIG with the latest Summer 2017 flight plans. So I will grab all of those files 1st and start from there.

Thanks so much for your help.

They are both actually complete, but they do need to have some minor tweaks done for the landing lights to work properly. Its not difficult, but a pain as every individual texture needs adjusting individually. If you just want to get your head around the process and get some AI into you sim, start with FAIB models. Let me know when you want to tackle the 777s and I'll talk you through it.

Ian S

38.jpg

Ian S, okay will do! I'll let you know when I get there!

10 hours ago, captain420 said:

What happens if my Aircraft list is mostly red, what do I do then? Also is there a difference between FSX and P3D v4 models? I am currently using P3D v4, so should I search for that 1st and if I can't find anything then revert to FSX models?

Ian pretty much covered but there is no such thing as P3D v4 models since FSX models work in P3D.  So those modelers who make or made or updating models will all say FSX. 

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

2 hours ago, jason99vmi said:

Ian pretty much covered but there is no such thing as P3D v4 models since FSX models work in P3D.  So those modelers who make or made or updating models will all say FSX. 

I think what you meant to say that models compiled with FSX SDK work without a problem in P3d V4. One can compile models with both the P3d3 and P3d4 SDKs and it's possible there are slight differences with FSX. LM keeps refining the way that textures and animations are used. 

• Upvote 1

edit: So, there actually is a fully updates 777 family pack available at aig with liveries at different places. Aka, only airbus a330+340 don't have a model..right?

so. There is literally no 777 available? As fsx or better p3d model? :(.. Or as I read it, not with good textures along with it?. I merely need them voor vpilot, not (yet) for ai behaviour

Victor Roos