Sign in to follow this  
Dannyboy_1

AivlaSoft set up problem

Hi,

I have Prepare3DV4 and I’m trying to set up AivlaSoft but failing miserably. Is there anyone who can tell me the sequences, as I’m not getting it right?

Plus where exactly is the CFG scenery file located in the Prepar3Dv4, I may be getting that wrong.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Jack

Which part are you looking for specifically?

Installation folder C:\Prepar3D v4

My Flight plan folder is C:\Users\(name)\Documents\Prepared3D v4 files (I did not install P3D to program files).

Scenery config C:\Program Data\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Edited by BuddyDog
path corrections

Stephen Forsgren

Thanks,

Buddy for your answer much appreciated.

Mine is pretty much the same as yours so it must be something that I'm not doing correctly.

It's not finding  my folders ie: 

Folder c:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Orbx\FTX_Na\FTX_AA_Cenj4 which is listed in the scenery.cfg doesn't exist

I have about 30 of these which are airports. I must be doing something in the Aivlasoft set for it not to know where to find these files.

Jack

To get a complete scenery list from P3Dv4 into Aivlasoft I use a scenery add-on tool from Lorby called Addon Organizer. It has an export utility that allows you to run the scenery update in Aivlasoft (which is not yet v4 compatible) to find these sceneries.

http://lorby-si.weebly.com/downloads.html

- Aaron

4 minutes ago, slait said:

To get a complete scenery list from P3Dv4 into Aivlasoft I use a scenery add-on tool from Lorby called Addon Organizer. It has an export utility that allows you to run the scenery update in Aivlasoft (which is not yet v4 compatible) to find these sceneries.

http://lorby-si.weebly.com/downloads.html

Not quite correct :) As long as you have the latest EFB patch, it will read the addon.xml's without having to export from addon Organiser. Patch available from Avilasoft download page. Version 1.6.9.2402

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Thanks Guys,

Really do appreciate your input. I will give your suggestion a go and see how it goes. Love flying but not the sharpest knife in the drawer with the inner workings of a computer and how the software works.

Thanks again.

Jack

7 hours ago, Travelling_Wilbury said:

Not quite correct :) As long as you have the latest EFB patch, it will read the addon.xml's without having to export from addon Organiser. Patch available from Avilasoft download page. Version 1.6.9.2402

Perhaps I've missed an update, though I did think I was current. Mine definitely is not reading those unless I do this export procedure.

- Aaron

7 hours ago, slait said:

Aivlasoft (which is not yet v4 compatible)

Actually, it is compatible. There is a patch on the Aivlasoft website, and after the installing the patch it works perfectly.

Ah, sorry, just saw the post above with the same information.  Wasn't there when I started, but I came back after a coffee run and posted, then it showed up.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Thanks Guys,

Nice to see there are people out there willing to help old farts like myself who get a bit lost in all this new Tec knowledge stuff . Now off to see how it all turns out.

Thanks again

Jack 

• Upvote 1

I'm an old fart and computer challenged, too!

Are you are having issues with just ORBX airports?  I am not sure they are fully compatible with v4 yet (but then again, I don't own any ORBX airports, just their Global, regions and Open LC).

Stephen Forsgren

21 minutes ago, BuddyDog said:

I'm an old fart and computer challenged, too!

Are you are having issues with just ORBX airports?  I am not sure they are fully compatible with v4 yet (but then again, I don't own any ORBX airports, just their Global, regions and Open LC).

CEN4 is available on FTX central, it's one of their freebies. Most of the free airports are available already, just not the payware versions.

Hi Guys,

No I have all the ORBX Base Pack, Open LC , Europe & North America , but no Orbx Airports as they are not Prep[are3DV4 yet. Yes I have downloaded the free small airports.

Have GSX -FsDreamTeam Airports and UK2000 Airports.

My problem is if I type in IE: Seattle [ KSEA ] to Vancouver {CYVR ] in Aivlasoft EFB the ICAO for the airports just won’t show up so can’t activate the airports in Aivlasoft to set up a flight Plan.

The software that Travelling_Wilbury suggested to me to download, really helped to organize my Prepar3Dv4 much “Appreciated Wilbury” that was a gem .

I guess it’s going to take time for me to figure out why my ICAO Code’s won’t show on AiVlasoft EFB everything else seems to be working fine.

Jack

Hi Jack

Trust you are well.

Have you tried the Aivlasoft Forum - https://forum.aivlasoft.com/index.php ?

You will need to register for support. Urs, the developer, is pretty responsive on the Forum.

Refer to attached, are you able to access the following in EFB?

EFB2.jpg

What happens if you try to select the Set/Change button?

Hi Tokitaumelie,

Thanks for dropping to try and help me out Appreciated. 

Yes, that is where my problems are when I select the set/change Button and type in the ICAO ….for say KSEA to CYVR it comes up blank.

Nominally when you click on the Origin Destination Set/Change the whole world ICAO comes up so you can pick the Airport you wish to take off from the pick the Destination Airport you will arrive at. But if I do it through the flight planner in Prepare 3DV4 it works just fine.

It’s something I am not doing correctly in AivlaSoft_ EFB . But your right will go to AivlaSoft forum and see if I can get this straightened out. Thanks again for setting me in the right direction.

Enjoy the rest of the week.

Cheers

Jack

Hi Jack

Sorry for getting back late.

While waiting for Urs to resolve your issue, we can try moving things forward.

Have you tried running a database upgrade via the data provider?

EFB4.jpg

I normally run it anytime after adding new scenery or if updating the AIRAC files (Navigraph/NavData Pro etc.) 

Thanks and you have a wonderful weekend as well (am on GMT+12) 

Kind regards