Sign in to follow this  
Glynn

Lear Altitude Pre selector

I have all the autopilot buttons mapped successfully to my Goflight hardware using the built in keypress commands but the one item still left to do is the altitude pre selector.

Has anyone found a way to  get this gauge to respond to anything other than mouse clicks. I cannot even get Fsuipc logging to show anything happening.

I'm not 100% sure if it works in this Lear, but try assigning a key/button to AP_PANEL_ALTITUDE_HOLD in FSUIPC.   This in binded to ALT SEL in at least some addons.  So this is not the stanfard AP_Altitude_Hold assignment, but an alternative one with panel included, as above.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Thanks Bill, I will try that when i get back home.

I have messaged the Dev to see if a keypress combo could be added, hopefully he will see the need for it.

15 hours ago, Glynn said:

I have all the autopilot buttons mapped successfully to my Goflight hardware using the built in keypress commands but the one item still left to do is the altitude pre selector.

Has anyone found a way to  get this gauge to respond to anything other than mouse clicks. I cannot even get Fsuipc logging to show anything happening.

The altitude selector in the Lear35A is custom coded in support of the improvements made to the autopilot. To set a value in the altitude window write the altitude value in feet to the Lvar L:ALERTER_DIGITAL .

Al

• Upvote 1

Further to this Mark kindly sent me some code, now I am completely stuck :biggrin:

Dear Customer,

You will need to implement this into the key code.

(M:Event) 'LeftSingle' scmp 0 ==
if{ (L:ALERTER_DIGITAL, Bool) 1000 - 0 max (>L:ALERTER_DIGITAL, Bool) }

(M:Event) 'RightSingle' scmp 0 ==
if{ (L:ALERTER_DIGITAL, Bool) 1000 + 99900 min (>L:ALERTER_DIGITAL, Bool) }

(M:Event) 'WheelDown' scmp 0 ==
if{ (L:ALERTER_DIGITAL, Bool) 100 - 0 max (>L:ALERTER_DIGITAL, Bool) }

(M:Event) 'WheelUp' scmp 0 ==
if{ (L:ALERTER_DIGITAL, Bool) 100 + 99900 min (>L:ALERTER_DIGITAL, Bool) }

(L:MODE_SPD, bool) 1 == (L:MODE_VS, bool) 1 == or (L:MODE_ALTSEL, bool) 1 == and if{ (L:ALERTER_DIGITAL, Bool) (>K:AP_ALT_VAR_SET_ENGLISH) }

Regards, 
Customer service
Flysimware Simulation Software

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Glynn said:

Further to this Mark kindly sent me some code, now I am completely stuck :biggrin:

Glynn,

Do you have a registered version of FSUIPC? If so, I can put together and send you a tiny Lua script that goes in the FSX (or P3D) modules folder and will let you enter an altitude value into the L35 altitude window. The idea would be you would push a key (or key combination, or a button/switch -- your choice) that you assign to the script with FSUIPC and a short message would pop up asking you to enter an altitude value in feet, or to enter a * to exit the script without entering a value.  You would then just type in the altitude value and hit the Enter (Return) key.  Let me know if something like that might meet your needs.

Al

• Upvote 1

Ark is planing on using his code he wrote to input any value from your keyboard. But if you look at the last line of code i sent you there is a separate rule that tells the custom value to be sent to the default value. If ALT/SEL mode is off then there is another hidden logic code that tells the default to be zero so the aircraft will not capture any value in the alerter. So we only want the custom input from your keyboard to work if the conditions are right so there is not a conflict flooding in the background. Which i think Ark's is doing if you use it with AlT/SEL off.

So we are going to improve Ark's code tomorrow and he will share it here once done. 

• Upvote 2

What amazing support, looking forward to whatever you come up with.

I agree, one of the best :)

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

1 hour ago, warbirds said:

I agree, one of the best :)

I installed your darker VC textures last night, very nice indeed, thankyou

On 8/25/2017 at 2:49 AM, Glynn said:

What amazing support, looking forward to whatever you come up with.

It turns out the tiny Lua script for setting the Lear altitude window from the keyboard as I described above, works fine -- I have been using it successfully for months now. If interested, let me know.

Al

Al, I would like to give your lua file a try

On 8/28/2017 at 2:38 AM, Glynn said:

Al, I would like to give your lua file a try

Glynn, just PM me an email address and I'll send it right out.

Al