Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

Alabeo Mooney M20R released!

Nice - been fancying a speedy Mooney for some time!  Thanks for the H-U.

• Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

Looks pretty dang good if I do say so myself. Glad they stuck to the standard six pack. Curious to see what first adopters think.

• Upvote 1

ws5xzd-6.png
Johnny Green

CFII/SMEL
SF340B+

It's a good airplane, immensely popular with it's RW owners.  I'd expect they'll get good sales out of it.  Not as capable as the PA46-350P but has a good reputation.  The six pack is nice as is the 750 integration.  Wish they'd done that in the PA46...so wish.

• Upvote 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

2 hours ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

The six pack is nice as is the 750 integration.  Wish they'd done that in the PA46...so wish.

+1  !!

3 hours ago, JGreen5278 said:

Looks pretty dang good if I do say so myself. Glad they stuck to the standard six pack. Curious to see what first adopters think.

Have a horrible feeling I am about to become one of those first adopters Johnny!   I don't think I can resist an Ovation;  even though this will be the first P3D load up in a couple of weeks, as I've been XP11 obsessed lately :cool:

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

9 minutes ago, JYW said:

+1  !!

Have a horrible feeling I am about to become one of those first adopters Johnny!   I don't think I can resist an Ovation;  even though this will be the first P3D load up in a couple of weeks, as I've been XP11 obsessed lately :cool:

Me too. I am the owner of a real world M20M - same airframe as the Ovation but different engine. I will be curious to see if they have got the flight dynamic right when flaps are extended. That will be my test.

• Upvote 1

David Porrett

Just bought it.    Unusually slow download speed from Alabeo, so perhaps a lot are buying it today!

3 minutes ago, DavidP said:

I will be curious to see if they have got the flight dynamic right when flaps are extended. That will be my test.

@DavidP I fear Alabeo/Carenado are notoriously random in this area - some 'go up' some 'go down' - rarely in line with the real aircraft!

Bill

UK LAPL-A

4 minutes ago, JYW said:

Just bought it.    Unusually slow download speed from Alabeo, so perhaps a lot are buying it today!

Looking forward to your initial thoughts, fellow Canuck (or is it Brit?).

Mario Di Lauro

Just now, tamsini said:

Looking forward to your initial thoughts, fellow Canuck (or is it Brit?).

Both! :biggrin:   Downloaded, so about to install.  Then I'll take some screenies and post them in the Screenshot forum, and put a link in this thread. :cool:

• Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A

22 minutes ago, JYW said:

@DavidP I fear Alabeo/Carenado are notoriously random in this area - some 'go up' some 'go down' - rarely in line with the real aircraft!

Yes, I usually pass anything that they produce but I'm afraid I may relent this time. Not expecting it to be too accurate but looks good. I always liked the look of Moritz gauges!

David Porrett

14 minutes ago, DavidP said:

Yes, I usually pass anything that they produce but I'm afraid I may relent this time. Not expecting it to be too accurate but looks good. I always liked the look of Moritz gauges!

Me too!  There's not many payware Mooney's so this is on my buy list when the pc is running again.  I'll watch for JYW's mini review 

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

45 minutes ago, JYW said:

I'd suspect it will be fairly good.  My bet is that they reuse the FDE from their earlier Mooney made by Bernt Stole with some mods.  I didn't get that one but heard it was very good. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

50 minutes ago, JYW said:

Both! :biggrin:   Downloaded, so about to install.  Then I'll take some screenies and post them in the Screenshot forum, and put a link in this thread. :cool:

Let us know how she handles! I am really curious on this one! Lol

ws5xzd-6.png
Johnny Green

CFII/SMEL
SF340B+

Here's a quick one to whet your appetite, while i post the others in the screenie forum section:-

2017-818.jpg

PS.  She's not perfect, in most ways, the usual Alabeo... but.... I LIKE IT !!

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Here we go, 9 screenshots and some initial thoughts on it :-

Cheers

• Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A