Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

Alabeo Mooney M20R released!

On 8/23/2017 at 9:15 AM, Treetops45 said:

Further to last night's M20R stuttering left hand turn exit from Orbx Southampton in P3D v4, I ran some more tests this morning.

Using it in P3D v3.4, + AS16 & FPS pegged at 30, it ran ok around 22 FPS, apart from a couple of micro stutters during the left turn near the rail yards.

Back on v4 I recorded a variety of Alabeo aircraft idling on the taxi way at Southampton.

With AS16, GPS530 turned on & FPS set to Unlimited.

Data:

M20R HD: 40FPS average. (all data is +/- approx 5 FPS as it moves around)

M20R Lite: 44 FPS

C441 Conquest II: 46 FPS

PA22: 48 FPS

Aztec: 44 FPS

T45

Interesting. Scenery has intermittent effect on fps, while the VC has a constant effect. I test without sceneries that are inconsistent, or I simply move all the sliders add weather and check fps on the ground in the exact same view per aircraft.  So your stuttering probably has a lot to do with the sceneries.  I was originally  talking about the gps terrain mode linked into the model in a way that the vc will stutter with terrain map update this will happen at 60 fps on a default frame rate friendly airplane if not coded correctly and though it says 60fps the view stutters at 1hz.  

Interesting to see your fps on those planes. The tripacer is very close to default frame rates. I consistently get 60 fps on the pacer. I dont use ftx/orbx, not worth the fps hit for me, as there are other products that dont hit frames as much that work for me.

I dont see much perf hit with 4096 textures either, they just dont hurt my system...not that I use them, I always use the c310 lite version, I think its stupid to offer 4096 textures on a vc or exterior when Id much rather see 4096 textures resources (finite) on the ground at lower altitudes than anywhere else...as a trade off...    Big clear gauges should be developers focus rather than pretty paint jobs  ... Hence Real Air, depressed to see them go. 

Love to see more results on fps.

Alabeo has released Version 1.1!

NEW VERSION 1.1
ALABEO M20R OVATION FSX/P3D

- STBY VAC annunciator now turns off with the switch.
- Oil Temperature analogue indication fixed.
- Attitude indicator arrow adjusted
- Flight director adjusted
- Fixes a problem where some switches and magneto key had no clickspots.
- Fixes the NAV/COM 2 power knob animation.
- Fixes the Elevator trim animation (wheel and indicator)
- Fixes an issue where the compass didn't work when the Glare shield switch were on.
- Flaps corrected.
- LO BOOST PUMP now have sounds and annunciator.
- Minor bugs fixed.

IMPORTANT:
Customers should download the package again from the link provided. Downloads and installations were increased.

You should uninstall the aircraft before installing this new version.

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

26 minutes ago, Tim-HH said:

Alabeo has released Version 1.1!

That seems to cover all the bugs except the rudder trim button.  (Have to be honest...I've never used a rudder trim button in FSX/P3D.)  BTW, I noticed in the video that it does have speedbrakes...

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

15 minutes ago, Treetops45 said:

Speed brakes. Quite small.

How do you activate them?

They may be small, but they are mighty.... :)

Ctrl / if I remember.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

That was quick, great news on the new V1.1

Sorry guys but I don't think I have ever actually unistalled an aircraft in FSX. How do I do that? Windows 7 Home premium (if that matters). 

Love Airplanes and American Muscle Cars

1 hour ago, Treetops45 said:

Speed brakes. Quite small.

How do you activate them?

T45

In this M20R sim the speed brakes function very well. I've just used the "/" key on my keyboard for on/off, but there must be a button in the cockpit somewhere, but I have not found it, like the Hobbs meter.     

1 hour ago, Poncho said:

In this M20R sim the speed brakes function very well. I've just used the "/" key on my keyboard for on/off, but there must be a button in the cockpit somewhere, but I have not found it,

Possibly on the yoke? 

Gregg Seipp

I haven't gotten the Mooney yet...I do 90% of my flying over water...but it intrigues me.  I did some digging today and found quite a bit of info on it for cruise and landing.  One rule of thumb I have for buying airplanes is that, if I can find good info on how to fly it, I'm probably going to enjoy it.  This plane has great info...

Checklist: http://www.freechecklists.net/Resources/Mooney/M20R+Ovation+2/

Cruise settings:  http://www.mooneypilots.com/mapalog/cruisepower.html

Flying in the pattern and landing: http://www.mooneyland.com/how-to-land-a-mooney-properly/

There are also some RW youtube videos.

Gregg Seipp

3 hours ago, Poncho said:

That was quick, great news on the new V1.1

Sorry guys but I don't think I have ever actually unistalled an aircraft in FSX. How do I do that? Windows 7 Home premium (if that matters). 

Found it, it's in the control panel > programs > uninstall/change and has an uninstall option.

BTW I also found this article. http://www.mooneypilots.com/mapalog/M20R Evaluation/M20R.htm

7 hours ago, Poncho said:

In this M20R sim the speed brakes function very well. I've just used the "/" key on my keyboard for on/off, but there must be a button in the cockpit somewhere, but I have not found it, like the Hobbs meter.     

Gregg is right, the button for the speed brakes is on the left side of the yoke. And the Hobbs meter is in the cargo compartment. 

• Upvote 2

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

11 hours ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

That seems to cover all the bugs except the rudder trim button.  (Have to be honest...I've never used a rudder trim button in FSX/P3D.) ...

Rudder trim works fine here with the switch, either with a left/right mouseclick or the mousewheel up/down. You don't use rudder trim or you aren't using the button?

Btw,  with rudder trim in the T/O position she nicely climbs out at VY without any need for additional rudder input.

Looks like the Mooney designers know why they are including a T/O range ;) 

44 minutes ago, J35OE said:

Rudder trim works fine here with the switch, either with a left/right mouseclick or the mousewheel up/down. You don't use rudder trim or you aren't using the button?

I've never used rudder trim...elevator trim, yes, but not rudder trim.  I'd think you might use rudder trim if you had a fuel imbalance, perhaps in a climb, or if the airplane was just 'off'.

Gregg Seipp

Out of curiosity, what's the top speed  at which  you can pull the speed brakes out?

Also, one characteristic I have noticed is that it takes quite a lot of runway to stop it using the foot brakes.  Seems to use more than some of the other GA singles  I have.

T45

Hi Folks,

Hah - just saw this - thank god - no glass panel !!! Perhaps they do listen occasionally ??? They don't do glass well so they should truly try to avoid it where they can...

I've never seen a speed limitation on using the speed brakes - I'd be surprised if they had one...

I just might pick this bad boy up - the old 201 (J) they did - was actually pretty well done and I liked it... My neighbor at the airport had the (K) and took me up a few times - it's a whoot - but - not made for a 6' 5" guy - they're tiny and you really sit on the floor...

Regards,

Scott 

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7