Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Cielosim KJAX

Hi,

I installed this scenery Kjax from Cielosim in P3D v4.1 and although it looks ok, but all my aircrafts

are missing the nose wheel So I am wondering if this scenery is ok for v4.1.

Any ideas???

My System: Intel 9700K 4.7Gz, ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ, Evga 3070TI  8GB, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte 27" Monitor, Windows 10 64bit, 2xSamsung 500GB SSD, 1x Samsung 120GB, 1x Samsung 970, 1TB, 1TB H/D for Storage.

Helmut Berger

16 minutes ago, helberger said:

Hi,

I installed this scenery Kjax from Cielosim in P3D v4.1 and although it looks ok, but all my aircrafts

Any ideas???

I just looked and, on all aircraft, all tires are about 25% into the tarmac.  But, it doesn't seem to affect operations.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

On 11/20/2017 at 5:16 PM, helberger said:

Hi,

Any ideas???

Not updated for v4 yet.   It is usable in v4 or 4.1 by pointing the installer.  

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

It seems that everything from what I can see is there in the scenery, except no wheels, I guess we will have to wait

for an update.

Thanks

My System: Intel 9700K 4.7Gz, ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ, Evga 3070TI  8GB, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte 27" Monitor, Windows 10 64bit, 2xSamsung 500GB SSD, 1x Samsung 120GB, 1x Samsung 970, 1TB, 1TB H/D for Storage.

Helmut Berger

How did you guys get it working in P3D4?  On mine, the runway texture is covered by photoreal and part of the terminal is missing?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

15 hours ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

How did you guys get it working in P3D4?  On mine, the runway texture is covered by photoreal and part of the terminal is missing?

Quoting myself...I think the terminal is okay.  It's just the runways that are sunk down a little.  Looks perfect in 3.4 but 4.1 has that anomaly.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

Hi Gregg,

As someone still setting up V4 - noticed a lot of elevation issues with payware airports - even those with V4 compatibility... I'm also very new to ORBX Vector and discovered you need to turn AEC off for the payware airports in question - which seems to fix all the elevation issues I was having... Just a thought - I haven't tried loading KJAX yet... Best of luck...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

1 hour ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Gregg,

As someone still setting up V4 - noticed a lot of elevation issues with payware airports - even those with V4 compatibility... I'm also very new to ORBX Vector and discovered you need to turn AEC off for the payware airports in question - which seems to fix all the elevation issues I was having... Just a thought - I haven't tried loading KJAX yet... Best of luck...

Regards,
Scott

I wish it was AEC.  I just checked and KJAX isn't listed.  I also disabled Vector for a test and the problem persists.

Gregg Seipp

8 hours ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

I wish it was AEC.  I just checked and KJAX isn't listed.  I also disabled Vector for a test and the problem persists.

Gregg

In AEC there is box above the listed airports. type KJAX in that box and it should appear in the box below. you will then be able to manually disable KJAX. It might work; worth a try.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

Just now, gregmorin said:

Gregg

In AEC there is box above the listed airports. type KJAX in that box and it should appear in the box below. you will then be able to manually disable KJAX. It might work; worth a try.

Greg

Already tried that.  KJAX isn't listed in either list.

Gregg Seipp

According to their website it's not compatible with P3D4 yet. 

Gregg Seipp

12 hours ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

This is a bug within P3D, I had the same issue after upgrading to V4.1.  If you go over to the ORBX forums and do a search for 'KJAX', there is a thread (I think titled 'grass over runway') and within it somebody posted a file that fixes the problem.  It is not related to AEC/Vector.  Once you replace the file it will fix the default airport and Cielosim KJAX will then work.  I know it is not technically V4 compatible but it works just fine....

• Upvote 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

16 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

This is a bug within P3D, I had the same issue after upgrading to V4.1.  If you go over to the ORBX forums and do a search for 'KJAX', there is a thread (I think titled 'grass over runway') and within it somebody posted a file that fixes the problem.  It is not related to AEC/Vector.  Once you replace the file it will fix the default airport and Cielosim KJAX will then work.  I know it is not technically V4 compatible but it works just fine....

Bingo!  Thanks Doc!

Here's the post that has the zip file at the bottom.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/144253-grass-over-runway/?do=findComment&comment=1276135

You put the file in <P3D4>\Scenery\0302\scenery

Here's me sitting on the runway after the fix...

eqeR68c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Gregg Seipp

11 hours ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

Bingo!  Thanks Doc!

Great Scott!!:laugh:  Glad you got it working.  Sorry, I wasn't able to post a link....

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

I just tried the aforementioned solution which seemed to have fixed the floating textures issue, but then I noticed a lighting problem, as if there's a glitch in the shadows and they keep "dancing" as you fly the aircraft close to the ground. Then, next test was removing the file altogether, which seemed to solve all the issues, including the shadows one, but...then I don't know what are the collateral effects of simply deleting the file. Possibly some elements of the scenery nearby are removed as well.

EDIT: I'm currently using P3D v4.2

Edited by Wanthuyr Filho

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto