Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Cielosim KJAX

1 hour ago, honanhal said:

To me the saddest irony is that the scenery looked great but was a massive drain on VAS, making it all but unusable in FSX. Now we have a 64-bit sim for over a year and...crickets from the developer.

James

Check from FSX.cfg for Texture_Max_Load=1024 and no VAS

If you have 2048 or 4096 then FSX crashes with any airports especially with DD

Patricio Valdes

45 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

Check from FSX.cfg for Texture_Max_Load=1024 and no VAS

If you have 2048 or 4096 then FSX crashes with any airports especially with DD

But we are not looking to use KJAX with FSX anymore--we want to use it with P3Dv4, now that it's been available for over a year.  This is, after all, a P3D forum.  I'll wait for a proper v4.x installer, thanks.

Edited by StewartH
  • Like 1

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

1 hour ago, StewartH said:

But we are not looking to use KJAX with FSX anymore--we want to use it with P3Dv4, now that it's been available for over a year.  This is, after all, a P3D forum.  I'll wait for a proper v4.x installer, thanks.

honanhal said FSX VAS. You are right this is P3D forum. And Cielosim was released for FSX too. Anyway I think FSX dialog here is over. I wait for PeDv4 KJAX installer as well. When? Alex from Cielosim is sleeping (lol)

Patricio Valdes

It seems it will have to be dumped and wait for another developer to start from scratch.

• Upvote 1

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

Awful support from the dev.  About half a year ago, the dev indicated on FB the v4 edition was coming:

"Its coming, we have not forgotten about you guys. keep your eyes posted for some new sceneries and then the KJAX update

"We apologize for the long delay, we promise it is coming!"

13 hours ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

It seems it will have to be dumped and wait for another developer to start from scratch.

I agree so let's hunt for another KJAX

Patricio Valdes

12 hours ago, Greggy_D said:

Awful support from the dev.  About half a year ago, the dev indicated on FB the v4 edition was coming:

"Its coming, we have not forgotten about you guys. keep your eyes posted for some new sceneries and then the KJAX update

"We apologize for the long delay, we promise it is coming!"

and Alex promised it is coming the KJAX update for P3Dv4? Nope, Alex updated the KJAX for FSX to version 1.1 and that's all done. Forget the P3Dv4 (lol)

Patricio Valdes

Hi Folks,

It's really a shame we have to jump through these hoops to kludge something together - I've made scenery before and when you have the source files - going from v3 to v4 is not that big of deal... I attempted to get an answer via their official customer support channels - and much like Taxi2Gate (also bad with updates) - no response... While I can understand a developer might not want to update any of their real old projects - those that came out right around the time of transition - should have been ported... If they ever show up again - this experience will certainly influence my future purchase decisions...

Regards,
Scott 

• Like 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

7 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

It's really a shame we have to jump through these hoops to kludge something together - I've made scenery before and when you have the source files - going from v3 to v4 is not that big of deal... I attempted to get an answer via their official customer support channels - and much like Taxi2Gate (also bad with updates) - no response... While I can understand a developer might not want to update any of their real old projects - those that came out right around the time of transition - should have been ported... If they ever show up again - this experience will certainly influence my future purchase decisions...

Regards,
Scott 

Then, you can make KJAX and I purchase on it.

Patricio Valdes

Hi Folks,

Cielosim Lives - took a bit but I just received a response from my support ticket from "Alex":

Sorry for the late reply. We are working with our developer to get the update out but they are taking much longer than expected. I will let you know as soon as this available.

Regards,

Scott

• Like 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

1 hour ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Cielosim Lives - took a bit but I just received a response from my support ticket from "Alex":

Regards,

Scott

+1.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 3:27 PM, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Regards,

Scott

I received that exact message ….

Patricio Valdes

I swapped the bgl and that worked, thanks. But there are some black tiles now around the airport. Don't want to reinstall as all jetways are modified using GSX 2. Any ideas?

Running P3D v4.4 here. I installed the ORBX texture fix for the default KJAX that is mentioned earlier in this thread.

Then I downloaded and Installed Cielosim KJAX, I opted not to let the installer add the scenery to my scenery.cfg file and instead I added it manually.

Fired up P3D and loaded KJAX, it works perfectly as far as I can tell, everything is right where it should be, there are no default objects poking up anywhere, no funky black textures, or any other anomalies that I can see. All the jetways are where they should be and operate like any default scenery jetway with CTRL-J.

This isn't Flightbeam level scenery, but for $16 it's a big improvement over the default.

All things considered, no complaints here...😎

10 hours ago, SunDevil56 said:

Running P3D v4.4 here. I installed the ORBX texture fix for the default KJAX that is mentioned earlier in this thread.

Then I downloaded and Installed Cielosim KJAX, I opted not to let the installer add the scenery to my scenery.cfg file and instead I added it manually.

Fired up P3D and loaded KJAX, it works perfectly as far as I can tell, everything is right where it should be, there are no default objects poking up anywhere, no funky black textures, or any other anomalies that I can see. All the jetways are where they should be and operate like any default scenery jetway with CTRL-J.

This isn't Flightbeam level scenery, but for $16 it's a big improvement over the default.

All things considered, no complaints here...😎

Do you have FSX?

Patricio Valdes