Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Cielosim KJAX

4 hours ago, DJJose said:

The black texture underneath the terminal is the only minor issue I see with the scenery. Other than that, it's the best KJAX we have for v4.

yep, you gave the solution and I appreciate that.

Patricio Valdes

Glad you got that fixed, SunDevil! Happy to hear DJJose was able to help out.

• Upvote 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

So I got "caught out" by the "works in P3D V3 and up" line on the cielosim website the other day, and have spent hours in ADE trying to create some excludes that actually work in P3D V4.4. I've managed to produce something that at least cleans the buildings up, no sign of the stock ones any more... However, I'm getting some nasty flickering on the aprons, taxiways and runways. I'm guessing that this is the stock stuff fighting with the addon? Is there any way I can suppress the other stock features in a similar manner?

My primitive approach so far is a series of exclude all boxes covering the majority of the airport area, the only bit I left without an exclude was around the jetways, otherwise they disappeared too 😞

On 2/3/2019 at 1:03 PM, samtheeagleuk said:

So I got "caught out" by the "works in P3D V3 and up" line on the cielosim website the other day, and have spent hours in ADE trying to create some excludes that actually work in P3D V4.4. I've managed to produce something that at least cleans the buildings up, no sign of the stock ones any more... However, I'm getting some nasty flickering on the aprons, taxiways and runways. I'm guessing that this is the stock stuff fighting with the addon? Is there any way I can suppress the other stock features in a similar manner?

My primitive approach so far is a series of exclude all boxes covering the majority of the airport area, the only bit I left without an exclude was around the jetways, otherwise they disappeared too 😞

You could try de compiling the BGLS and rework the model files in Blender. Also re-work the texures in photoshop. There is a DDS converter out there for converting dds textures into bmp format. I use photoshop, ADE, Model X and BGL Decompiler. I dont wait for the developers to fix things. They rarely do and almost always take years sometimes to get anything done. Plus they run their businesses very poorly and rarely provide customer service. They mostly make us go to the forums and throw us to the wolves. 

• Like 1

The only issue with the airport is the black texture underneath the terminal. Without the dev files, a recompile yields the black missing texture.

If I had the dev work files it would be an easy fix.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Just now, DJJose said:

The only issue with the airport is the black texture underneath the terminal. Without the dev files, a recompile yields the black missing texture.

If I had the dev work files it would be an easy fix.

I agree, that would be cool!

A quick update on this scenery... I've been in contact with Alex Ranc, and he is intending to get this airport updated for P3D V4, but is having issues with the contractor he uses. Therefore he can't offer a planned release date. He has however informed that that there will NOT be an upgrade fee for this, so that's great news. He also kindly offered me a refund because of the unclear wording on the website, so overall I'm pleased with the support offered. I'm going to sit tight and wait for the update however.

With the help of DJJose I've managed to get a fairly good workaround for P3D V4 so, it's acceptable for the time being. Here's an OvGME format mod that improves the situation substantially. The only real negative I've seen is above a certain altitude there's a obviously 'wrong' black shadow like issue under the terminal, but from ground level it looks fine for me.

• Like 1

Great news! I really enjoyed this one and was always thought it was a shame it hasn't been updated to v4.

Thanks for sharing that workaround temporary fix to make it usable in the meantime! 😎

• Upvote 1

qwsig_Emil02-1.gif

13 minutes ago, American 833 Heavy said:

Great news! I really enjoyed this one and was always thought it was a shame it hasn't been updated to v4.

Thanks for sharing that workaround temporary fix to make it usable in the meantime! 😎

Agreed, great news. I'm looking forward to it...

And you're right, the temporary fix works fine in the meantime, another thanks to DJJose for that....🙂

5 hours ago, samtheeagleuk said:

A quick update on this scenery... I've been in contact with Alex Ranc, and he is intending to get this airport updated for P3D V4, but is having issues with the contractor he uses. Therefore he can't offer a planned release date. He has however informed that that there will NOT be an upgrade fee for this, so that's great news. He also kindly offered me a refund because of the unclear wording on the website, so overall I'm pleased with the support offered. I'm going to sit tight and wait for the update however.

With the help of DJJose I've managed to get a fairly good workaround for P3D V4 so, it's acceptable for the time being. Here's an OvGME format mod that improves the situation substantially. The only real negative I've seen is above a certain altitude there's a obviously 'wrong' black shadow like issue under the terminal, but from ground level it looks fine for me.

Alex should try codementor.io.   They are very good.

Honestly,

I am starting to have my doubts about how legit some of these responses are here in regards to Alex Ranc/Cielosim and KJAX for PreparD v4.  I purchased this product and it does not even install the scenery at all.  I can't find any folders or files in my computer for this airport.  They are certainly not in any folder of Prepar3D v4.  I checked all of them not just the scenery or addon folder.  I've also tried some of the fixes mentioned in here and still it did not work.  I'm noticing how many posts some users have here who have commented that the scenery is working in v4 and I find that the amount of their posts is low - just a little suspect for me - no offense intended.  As you can see I have one post and that's because I signed up just to insert this comment on this thread.  By the way I have yet to get a response from the developer about my request for a refund.  His site clearly says that there is a 30 day refund guarantee.  To be honest - I am starting to question the integrity and legitimacy of this developer and his website.  Can anyone chime in if they've had a similar experience?

Update:  I just reinstalled Prepar3D v3 and the installer I received from Alex Ranc will not install in v3 either.

Oh make no mistake - when I double click on the installer it goes through the motions of installing but when the installer finishes and I go to check folders, and add scenery there is absolutely nothing.  Not in v3 or v4.  Is this business legit?  Can a Moderator chime in on Cielosim?  Is this a real Flightsim developer?  I'm just looking for an understanding.

Did you look in C:/Documents/Prepar3Dv4 Addons? You should see a .XML file there. This generally means the scenery is installed.  You should be using the Lorby Si Addon Organizer. See his forum here for more details. The developer is legit. The scenery must be compatible with v4 or the installer will not work properly. 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10