Sign in to follow this  
SidekickUBT

Crashing Issue Found for me, now what?

Ok.

I played around with all of my settings and it finally came down to ...

Aircraft Traffic!

I'm using MyTraffic (v6) and always noticed over time that when it goes to load AI, that's when it would crash. Confident it was graphics related, I never bothered playing with the setting. It makes perfect sense...Prepar3d v4 is crashing trying to load all of my MyTraffic AI, etc.

I also read that FSX airplanes will make Prepar3d crash, I used FSX 737 just fine. So, is the fix just to lower aircraft setting or can I do something in MyTraffic to lower AI traffic?

Tim

Yeah, the graphics for certain FSX models (including AI traffic found around the internet) are not compatible with V4 and will cause a CTD. Solution is not to run them.  If you're looking for a very good 737 to replace the default then I recommend moving to a payware version.

For AI Traffic... I used freeware models for a very, very long time (12+ years), and about 2 months ago I tried Ultimate Traffic again (it's now called Ultimate Traffic Live). The models are all fully P3DV4 compatible (plus the work with FSX), and what's more is that I don't have to do any work. Plus there are very nice features such as the jetways working for aircraft pulling up / pushing back to/from the gates - a very nice touch.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

1 hour ago, SidekickUBT said:

Ok.

I played around with all of my settings and it finally came down to ...

Aircraft Traffic!

I'm using MyTraffic (v6) and always noticed over time that when it goes to load AI, that's when it would crash. Confident it was graphics related, I never bothered playing with the setting. It makes perfect sense...Prepar3d v4 is crashing trying to load all of my MyTraffic AI, etc.

I also read that FSX airplanes will make Prepar3d crash, I used FSX 737 just fine. So, is the fix just to lower aircraft setting or can I do something in MyTraffic to lower AI traffic?

Tim

Did you disable military traffic in MT6 as suggested on their support forum. ? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Hi,

It's not so much about FSX models, it's the FS9 models that are incompatible and cause P3Dv4 to crash. Yes, you need to disable the military traffic.

If you want a one click solution for all your AI aircraft, you can use my free  SimLauncherX application to remove the FS9 models and insert a [Radios] section in the aircraft.cfg file if needed. FS9 models might cause P3Dv4 to crash and without a [Radios] section the AI aircraft will not respond to ATC.

Maarten

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

11 hours ago, mawibo said:

Hi,

It's not so much about FSX models, it's the FS9 models that are incompatible and cause P3Dv4 to crash. Yes, you need to disable the military traffic.

If you want a one click solution for all your AI aircraft, you can use my free  SimLauncherX application to remove the FS9 models and insert a [Radios] section in the aircraft.cfg file if needed. FS9 models might cause P3Dv4 to crash and without a [Radios] section the AI aircraft will not respond to ATC.

Maarten

Hi Maarten,  I have simlauncherX installed, and I can see the ai aircraft list, but I'm not sure how to do this.  Is there a scan and remove feature here? and how would I go about starting it?  I did manually delete the known fs9 models from MyTraffic, and I manually added the radios section to each config, but I'm still having crashes, so any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

1) Make sure the simulator is not running

2) Within SimLauncherX go to Home|Tools|Misc.|Fix AI aircraft

Hope this helps.

Maarten

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

It also depends how you inserted the traffic files into the scenery library. Prepar3d v4 is still very buggy if it comes to insertion of sceneries using the "new" add-on.xml method. Certain combinations of sceneries and/or traffic bgl files can result in a crash or api.dll error. I have inserted my traffic files using the add-on.xml method and the sim crashed at certain situations. It took me hours to learn that, when it comes to scenery files, the old method via the scenery.cfg should be used.

LM works on a fix and hopefully the situation will be improved in 4.1. For the moment, I would not use the add-on.xml method for scenery files (no problems with aircrafts).

I also used Thumbnail Report Generator http://lorby-si.weebly.com/downloads.html to make sure that I have no single FS9 AI aircraft in the P3D V4 sim. In the report there must be no MDL8 entry which hints to a FS9 aircraft. If it shows MDLX, you are fine.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

12 hours ago, Cargostorm said:

I have inserted my traffic files using the add-on.xml method and the sim crashed at certain situations. It took me hours to learn that, when it comes to scenery files, the old method via the scenery.cfg should be used.

That's not true Chris. For YOU maybe and quite possibly for others but, as a general rule no. I've been using the new method to install MT6 and other a/c and  scenery with absolutely no crashes or issues at all. As far as MT6 goes, I had already gone through and removed the old models, etc.

The new method does need some improvement but it certainly does work and quite well. I believe the major problem with it is that people do not understand how to use it. I still see post after post complaining that all their addons are installed into the Documents folder.

Personally, I like he new method. Sure makes it easy to reinstall. :biggrin:

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hi Vic,

I also like the new method and it is indeed very convenient. But in my case I only use it for aircrafts, SODE and other non-scenery addons. If it comes to scenery files I prefer to stick with the classical method by adding via the scenery.cfg as IN MY CASE the add-on.xml produced a CTD with certain scenery combinations. In addition, you do need 3rd party tools like Lorby Addon-Manager or SimStarter NG to change the layers of add-on.xml sceneries entries or to deactivate them conveniently.

Regards,
Chris

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR