Sign in to follow this  
vector

UK2000 scenery question

Hi

I have tried asking this question in UK2000's forum and there have been plenty of views but no answers.

I am talking about the very first sceneries they created and which they called VFR Airfields - not to be confused with their Extreme series.

This was a great product in its time but I'm trying to spruce some of the airfields up with more up to date aircraft, etc.  Particularly, I'm trying to remove the people images.  I'm successful in removing the people themselves but I'm always left with a mid-grey rectangle where they were placed.  Does anyone have any ideas how I can remove these rectangles as well?

Many thanks for any help.

Dijvid

You have most probably only removed or disabled the textures concerned and what you are now seeing are the untextured objects as called for by the related BGL file, which can now no longer fill in the textures. You need to disassemble the BGL file concerned and to edit it so that it no longer calls for those now missing textures. However, finding out which BGL file calls for these textures can be quite a tedious trial and error job, ..... could also be an infringement of the licence stipulations granted to you for the use of the scenery as a whole.

Good luck

Hans

Many thanks for your reply, Hans.  I understand what you are saying and am wondering if it's worth the huge amount of work involved considering just how many airfields there are to amend.  I appreciate the comment regarding infringement of licence but this would be for my personal use only.

Cheers.

Dijvid