Sign in to follow this  
SpiritFlyer

Weather/Cloud options P3Dv4?

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

I have no idea, but the promo video got my attention:

That video is over a year old already.

REX has always been good at marketing. Usually it ends there for me because I haven't bought and used a REX product for years. I wouldn't mind if this one would be something good though. As long as it has historic weather. And everything else that AS offers. Which imho still is the best weather engine. (I also like all the free upgrades to new versions I received from HiFi over the years! They usually are very generous!)

Yes over a year old, and even then it was amazing, especially considering what you see is what you get in that video. 

Cheers Jeroen. :biggrin:

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

1 hour ago, timest said:

Yes over a year old, and even then it was amazing, especially considering what you see is what you get in that video. 

Cheers Jeroen. :biggrin:

And I guess you now have to modify certain things to become 64b compliant. I saw this vid a long time ago and I must say it still impresses me much.

If REX can pull this off then we're in for some amazing future simming. 

Really looking forward to this release. Hopefully soon

ice

1 hour ago, Iceman2 said:

And I guess you now have to modify certain things to become 64b compliant. I saw this vid a long time ago and I must say it still impresses me much.

If REX can pull this off then we're in for some amazing future simming. 

Really looking forward to this release. Hopefully soon

ice

Hi Ice, 

It was a bit of work considering the obstacles but that's behind us now and we're moving forward. Thank you for your kind words. 

Cheers.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Just heard back from Dave Opper of HiFi Simulations. :chat:

He took the time to track down my account with them and showed me where I bought from and provided the direction and advice I need to upgrade and get rolling in P3Dv4.

I owe two things to him and his team:

#1: Thank you for answering me personally and diplomatically, correcting my errors and mistaken assumptions.

#2: I was wrong to insinuate that you may not be supporting your customers properly. :blush:

I was wrong. I am sorry. I apologize. :mellow:

It is my intention to upgrade Active Sky and make my simulation even better. :cool:

Kind regards,

2 hours ago, SpiritFlyer said:

He took the time to track down my account with them and showed me where I bought from and provided the direction and advice I need to upgrade and get rolling in P3Dv4.

#1: Thank you for answering me personally and diplomatically, correcting my errors and mistaken assumptions.

#2: I was wrong to insinuate that you may not be supporting your customers properly. :blush:

It is my intention to upgrade Active Sky and make my simulation even better. :cool:

Kind regards,

Class always shows - in both HiFi and your response.  :biggrin: Glad you got squared away.

Enjoy,

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

7 hours ago, SpiritFlyer said:

Kind regards,

Glad to hear it worked out for you also!

5 hours ago, vgbaron said:

Class always shows - in both HiFi and your response.  :biggrin: Glad you got squared away.

Enjoy,

Vic

Agree!

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

Active Sky for P3Dv4 is now installed and up and running.

It is really good to hear the thunder clap when the sim starts, although it is more like a rumble now!. The original was not for the faint-of-heart if they were half asleep! Now off to see what south Texas looks like, realizing that it is not so fun for those of you caught in the hurricane's grip. Stay safe I pray.

Kind regards,

8 hours ago, SpiritFlyer said:

It is really good to hear the thunder clap when the sim starts, although it is more like a rumble now!

That's the first thing I disable whenever I have to reinstall AS. :happy: