Sign in to follow this  
Blue Baron

Adjusting ATC call sign/ call outs in FSX

I am trying to adjust the call signs for my aircraft. I tried adjusting the atc sections in the configuration file, but ended up with atc pronouncing each letter...using the phonetic alphabet. I want the system to recognize my aircraft as American 444, Speedbird 189 etc. not Boeing 0001 or Airbus 0002. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

If each letter is pronounced, it simply means that ATC can't find the call sign in its database and reverts to the tail number. Also make sure that the callsign is written exactly as specified on the airline's Wikipedia page (or in any other database).

I think the old freeware releases of EditVoicePack contain some of the more popular callsigns by default, but you'll find thousands more in the library here on Avsim.

http://editvoicepack.com/try-and-buy/download-old-versions/

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Have you tried going to the "Detail" section of the Aircraft Selection screen when you choose your

aircraft.  Have you looked at the dropdown under airline for American, Speedbird, etc?

I am using the free version of EditVoicePack!

Detail.jpg

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

In your main directory is a text file entitled Airlines. That list contains all the call-signs that will be recognized by the sim. Any variant spellings will not be understood. If you use EditVoicepack then every time you run it the list is updated. Also, check the aircraft.cfg file and make sure there is an entry like this:

atc_airline=AMERICAN
atc_flight_number=801

You can use up to a maximum of four numbers - I usually stick with three for airlines and two for military. You must have both the correct name and a flight number for it to work. With AI you don't need the flight number as that is included in the traffic file but with user aircraft you MUST have both lines as shown above.

Hope this helps

Ian

ps. If you haven't tried EditVoicePack, I can highly recommend it. It will automatically update your system to include any new callsigns that have been created, but will also improve the terminology used by ATC and most important of all, it speeds up the voice calls to a realistic tempo. Anyone who spoke as slowly as the default voices in the real world would be considered a total word not allowed...

I highly recommend EditVoicePackXL which is a payware (but VERY reasonably priced) version that expands some features and automates things to make it totally painless. It gives you a massive update to the airline callsign list, gives you some phraseology options, change voice speeds etc.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, kiwiflyer45 said:

I

You can use up to a maximum of four numbers - I usually stick with three for airlines and two for military. You must have both the correct name and a flight number for it to work. With AI you don't need the flight number as that is included in the traffic file but with user aircraft you MUST have both lines as shown above.

As shown in my screenshot, the flight number can be a maximum of 5 alpha characters or numeric.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool: