Sign in to follow this  
Ron Attwood

FSJoin update!

Peter has done an update for JoinFS. It now remembers where the alternative locations for aircraft are. Nice. Fire up your copy now or leave it till the last minute. Your choice. :)

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

That was unexpected... very nice.  I don't use the software, but still it's great to see him do this!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

2 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

Peter has done an update for JoinFS. It now remembers where the alternative locations for aircraft are. Nice. Fire up your copy now or leave it till the last minute. Your choice. :)

What is FSJoin?  I haven't heard of it.

17 minutes ago, FSXtreme said:

What is FSJoin?  I haven't heard of it.

JoinFS is a very nice lightweight FS multiplayer application.  Donation-ware.  More info at the link below.

http://www.pmem.uk/joinfs/

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

8 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

Fire up your copy now or leave it till the last minute. Your choice. :)

I'll wait until 1800 UTC on Saturday - the point where one should have the "sh__poop__it" together!
LOL!  

Guess it's time to buy Peter some more beer! 

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Heads up! There is a new version of JoinFS 1.2.8 and it is NOT compatible with previous versions. The question is 'Are we men or mice? To update or lie cowering in a corner like P3D users? Speak now or forever hold your piece..er peace.

Well I've bitten the bullet and updated the server side and my own PC. This update is not available on the JoinFS website, only though your own copy of it.

Scream if it's a problem.

Installed and operational...

DTP does not appear to have switched (yet).

Bert

Have installed 2.8 and hope that it works out a few remaining kinks. (Not sure from the documentation.)

However, thinking some more, I'm not sure that we should switch when not all of us necessarily have access and, equally, when others who we have invited to join us do not have the software.

And we want to consider trips over to the Digital Theme Park.

Worth a think.

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

When I see him(Zoolander) I'll poke him in the ribs. In the meantime I'm keeping a copy of 1.2.7 handy. Uninstall/reinstall is a matter of seconds work.

2c

• Upvote 1

Folks,

Let's give JoinFS(TEST)1.2.8 a try on Saturday.  It looks like Peter is keeping 1.2.7 as the advertised stable version on the download page if we need to revert. 

I have two JoinFS icons (a normal stable version) and one JoinFS (TEST).  I have updated my TEST to the latest.

Peter has X-Plane interoperability on the development development roadmap now.  Some interesting discussions in the bugs subforum.

http://pmem.uk/joinfs/forum/viewforum.php?f=2

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

On 10/20/2017 at 10:12 PM, jt_williams said:

Some interesting discussions in the bugs subforum.

Two points stood out.

1: Minimising to system tray. Who among us do that? I know I don't, it's always on the desktop.

2: Not using port forwarding. What's the consensus with that? :unsure: