Sign in to follow this  
Ron Attwood

FSJoin update!

With all these 'I don't see Fred' and 'Fred doesn't see Albert' and so on, a thought occurred to me. :ohmy: How many of 'us' use a wireless connection? I ask because wireless is useless as a gaming connection. Dropped packets when using the internet or Teamspeak etc have little impact, but gaming is a whole different ball game.

Thoughts?

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I don‘t know if WLan could be a factor, but it‘s worth a try. I can easily switch between Lan and WLan, so I will start wireless and if I‘m involved in such an „I see you, you don‘t see me“ situation I can switch to Lan instantly.

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Lan P3D and JoinFS here...other than ancillary apps like AS4, LittleNavMap, etc. that I run on a laptop which utilizes wireless.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

On 4/21/2018 at 8:44 AM, Viking01 said:

I don‘t know if WLan could be a factor, but it‘s worth a try. I can easily switch between Lan and WLan, so I will start wireless and if I‘m involved in such an „I see you, you don‘t see me“ situation I can switch to Lan instantly.

When you did change the effect was immediate! You went from flicking backwards and forwards to smooth flight. In my eyes, albeit only one instance, the case is proved.

This article bears out what I've thought.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Well, we should all send Peter a note of thanks for everything that he has done. What a terrific contribution to us all.

• Upvote 1

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Brilliant idea, will be done in a minute!

• Upvote 1

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider