Hey guys i was thinking of selling my 2 titans sc in sli 6gb

And getting a 1080ti

Is it worth it or should i stay with my current gpus

Only issue is AAin 4k using 4xssaa and also tried 8xmsaa

Gpus get swamped.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Mike

Tests on the 980ti in SLI vs 1080i alone seems to give a clear advantage to the 1080ti.  How that translates to P3D probably is in 5-10% range. I have the Zotac 1080AMP edition 8gb and have no intention to moving to 1080i but am quite happy with its performance in P3D. But I think at night the 1080ti or 1080 is going to be stretched running dynamic lighting and supersampling in the 4x-8x range at a busy payware airport as I've found out running at  2560x1440.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

Its a real shame.all this money spent

And yet AA still cripples performance lol

I am sitting at 8xmsaa thou some objects like light posts fences etc on my.fsdt airports shimmer

16 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

Its a real shame.all this money spent

And yet AA still cripples performance lol

I am sitting at 8xmsaa thou some objects like light posts fences etc on my.fsdt airports shimmer

At night I either reduce SS to 2x or run 8xmsaa with dynamic lighting. I did a number of tests with my card at Aerosoft's  new ENGM at night with 8XSS all the way down to 2xms. No problem when not ss but as I increased the ss the load inside the aircraft on the card was close to 100%. This was in the TFDi 717.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

mikeymike,

I do agree with you regarding SLI as this does not work well as it should do considering the investment that goes into purchasing 2 Graphics cards

I have 2 x 980TI SLI and have them 'bridged'.  As a result, I have selected single GPU under global settings (Nvidia Control Panel) and this has made a huge difference on my performance.  As a result, both cards work as one!!!!

Give it a try and see how you get on.

Hey Guys,

After much research and pondering I have just finished ordering the Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080 ti extreme to play hardball with my existing  Zotac GTX 1050ti from Amazon. I originally opted for and ordered the Zotac GTX 1080ti Amp Extreme but the distributor saw fit to send me just the Zotac GTX 1080. Hopefully the new GPU will arrive 1 Sep so after tinkering I shall be able to shed some further light on performance  etc.

I am guessing though, that with the new purchase, I will be creating a bottle neck with the i7 2600k CPU in Xplane 11 and P3Dv4 which is going to entail another upgrade to a new Motherboard/CPU/RAM combination.  Given my age, this will likely be my very last upgrade so it is gunna have to be a bewdy (read expensive) Fortunately for me, the GPU uprade was likely to be the best performance bang for buck as opposed to the CPU/motherboard/RAM option first.

I am still waiting for LM to announce better utilisation of cores before I make decision on AMD vs Intel or the CPU which again, means motherboard as well.

So, I guess, take warning ... look out for my requests for best CPU conversations and then bestnMotherboards to follow.

For mikeymike.

My first thought is that if you could afford 2 x titans in the first place, then you should probably consider 2 x GTX 1080 ti's. I can only envy that combination and it would certainly depend on what your system is and what hardware you are flying with. Maybe a little further information describing what you are trying to drive and with what hardware would be helpfull. I think, however, that I have read some where that you are running a cockpit with top-of-the-line everything.

I vaguely remember you talking about projectors and two CPU motherboard etc.but I am probably associating with somebody else. In any event, I hope you are able to work it all out, and if, indeed, you are who I think you are, you do have a complex problem

Best wishes to all

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Funny, people buying SLI, something never properly supported by FSX or P3D, yet complaining about the money spent? People using SLI and selling the fact that selecting only one of the two GPU's as a wonderful performance driving fact is also quiet funny...

• Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

12 hours ago, abdulaslam said:

mikeymike,

I do agree with you regarding SLI as this does not work well as it should do considering the investment that goes into purchasing 2 Graphics cards

I have 2 x 980TI SLI and have them 'bridged'.  As a result, I have selected single GPU under global settings (Nvidia Control Panel) and this has made a huge difference on my performance.  As a result, both cards work as one!!!!

Give it a try and see how you get on.

Hi 

Thanks for tip will try

Soit will still use both gpus? In that mode?

Interesting that the latest copy of "PC Pilot" magazine in their article "Pepar3D Version 4, preparing for the future" states that with Prepar3Dv3, Lockheed Martin "...on the technical side, SLI support was implemented."

Intuitively it seems to me that if SLI is supported, that two powerful cards would easily be a benefit with all the graphic demands P3D puts on a system.

Why aren't people jumping on duel graphic cards to go with multi core processors?

Seems one popular philosophy is buy the best single card you can afford and don't SLI. But if you can manage to buy two...

Insight please!

Don

Don Spence

ASUS Prime Z390-A, i9-9900K @ 5.0GHz, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 3600MHz, EVGA 1080 Ti SC2, Corsair H100i RGB Platinum cooler, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 512GB, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 1TB, Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 2TB, 2 x Intel 730 480GB SSD, CORSAIR RMX White RM850X  PSU, CORSAIR Crystal Series 680X RGB Case, Dell U3818DW

From what I've read, the complexity of the drivers for the cards go way up for SLI communication, and if NVIDIA isn't putting the R&D into that aspect you could wind up with poor SLI performance or a situation where it doesn't work at all with your favorite game.  I plan on sticking with a single card now, although in my dreams I do wish that if I got 2 NVIDIA cards it would truly mean 2X the performance.   Apparently not so....at least today.

Mark Trainer

5 hours ago, mikeymike said:

Hi 

Thanks for tip will try

Soit will still use both gpus? In that mode?

No, of course it will not...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

if NVIDIA isn't putting the R&D into that aspect you could wind up with poor SLI performance or a situation where it doesn't work at all with your favorite game

It's unfortunate that the flight simming market apparently isn't large enough for NVIDEA to tweak their drivers for our purposes. If any computer gaming/simming community needs graphics performance it's those of us into flight simulation.

Come on NVIDEA, write us a "flight simming" driver. We're not all first person shooters!

Don Spence

ASUS Prime Z390-A, i9-9900K @ 5.0GHz, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 3600MHz, EVGA 1080 Ti SC2, Corsair H100i RGB Platinum cooler, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 512GB, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 1TB, Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 2TB, 2 x Intel 730 480GB SSD, CORSAIR RMX White RM850X  PSU, CORSAIR Crystal Series 680X RGB Case, Dell U3818DW

Please, this company is called nVidia and has nothing to do with cream you put on your skin, that would bi NIVEA :biggrin:

Greetings, Chris