So I want to build a new PC in December but I really don't know what parts to pick, I've been looking at the Ryzen 1700X and the Intel i7-7800X, my budget is $2000 and I will be streaming when I get this PC. It would be nice if I can get some help with this? I'm honestly a noob when it comes to picking PC Parts.

Newegg star ratings and reviews are quite useful.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Opinions will vary greatly with brand preference or bias.

I would suggest doing some web research, then coming back listing a build you have chosen. We then can suggest weak points or improvements.

Also, what sim do you plan to run? what resolution/screen will you use? Any specific needs?

1 hour ago, odourboy said:

Newegg star ratings and reviews are quite useful.

Alright Thanks.

1 hour ago, VeryBumpy said:

Opinions will vary greatly with brand preference or bias.

I would suggest doing some web research, then coming back listing a build you have chosen. We then can suggest weak points or improvements.

Also, what sim do you plan to run? what resolution/screen will you use? Any specific needs?

I plan to run P3D and Flight Sim World since I bought it and can't run it with my current pc, I will be using 1440p and I will be streaming.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/BQnWhq

Also I've been hearing about Coffee Lake being 11% faster the Kaby Lake in terms of Single-Threaded Performance and Multi-Threaded performance up to 51% faster, excited to see actual benchmarks to see if this is true.

After doing extensive research I was about to build 7700k, but realized the 8th generation will be in the market in 2 months, so I postponed my plans.

I know if you are going to wait for the new thing in CPU/GPU you will not be going to buy anything for ever, LOL 

From the endless number of articles and clips I have seen, the conclusion is:
If you are going to sim, go for Intel
If you are going to sim, edit, and stream, then go for AMD

Looks like a decent build.

The latest AMD thing is questionable indeed. I'm not sure anyone has run and compared FSX or P3D performance vs Intel. OP would be a frontier on that one.

You could probably save some money with a 1070. At that res, I think only Xplane and AeroFly, push graphics cards hard enough to justify the best. My GTX970 still pushes FSX at 4k with ease.

I'd also opt for a 4T HDD, 2T won't go far imo.

8 hours ago, Pro-Flyer said:

After doing extensive research I was about to build 7700k, but realized the 8th generation will be in the market in 2 months, so I postponed my plans.

I know if you are going to wait for the new thing in CPU/GPU you will not be going to buy anything for ever, LOL 

From the endless number of articles and clips I have seen, the conclusion is:
If you are going to sim, go for Intel
If you are going to sim, edit, and stream, then go for AMD

That's very true AMD has very great multi-threaded performance, especially in streaming but coffee lake looks super promising.

4 hours ago, VeryBumpy said:

Looks like a decent build.

The latest AMD thing is questionable indeed. I'm not sure anyone has run and compared FSX or P3D performance vs Intel. OP would be a frontier on that one.

You could probably save some money with a 1070. At that res, I think only Xplane and AeroFly, push graphics cards hard enough to justify the best. My GTX970 still pushes FSX at 4k with ease.

I'd also opt for a 4T HDD, 2T won't go far imo.

Hm, Alright I'll use those suggestions, Thanks!