Sign in to follow this  
MrMeeb

Can LittleNavConnect get data the LNM can get?

Hi,

Loving the potential of this little app, but I seem to have run into a bit of a snag - I'm trying to run Little Navmap on a networked PC (my laptop, so I can track my progress without being sat in front of the PC), and I have managed to connect via Little Navconnect, and I can see the position of my a/c, and VATSIM tfc. However, unlike when running Little Navmap on the sim PC, I can't access data such as the layouts of addon airports in an offline map mode (can only see airport layout on OpenStreetView), and LNM could also seem to not find 'KSFO' as a departure airport, almost as if it had no navdata to draw from. Have I not done this right? Should Little Navconnect be able to provide data such as the scans of my scenery library, and waypoint data from the sim on my PC? If not, then surely this should be a feature, otherwise I can't really see the use of being able to run it on a networked PC :p

Thanks

First requirement is to create (load) the database on a copy of LMN that is installed on the same computer as your simulator.  Second requirement is to copy that database to the copy of LMN you have installed on your networked PC.

As for layouts I'm not sure.  

• Upvote 1

Ernest Pergrem

14 hours ago, airernie said:

First requirement is to create (load) the database on a copy of LMN that is installed on the same computer as your simulator.  Second requirement is to copy that database to the copy of LMN you have installed on your networked PC.

As for layouts I'm not sure.  

ah, okay. well, that is definitely going to sort out the greater of the two problems. Thanks!

Good luck,  

Hopefully you've found it, in FSX the database should be in %appdata% roaming, in a folder with the author's name.  I would assume the same for P3D.

Ernest Pergrem

Yes. When you copy the database as Ernie already mentioned it all looks like on the flying computer.

There is also a menu item "Scenery Library" -> "Show database Files" that will open an explorer window with the database directory.

Alex