Sign in to follow this  
Indy511

Japan

Anyone know of P3dV4 compatible airports for Japan? Kansai RJBB, Narita RJAA, Chubu Centrair RJGG, Haneda RJTT. Could never understand why Japan always seemed to be ignored in the airport scenery category. I saw some over at SimMarket but are old and outdated.

• Upvote 2

I'll join you. Wing Creation seems to be thy only (sort of) active airport designer today, aside perhaps a few local ones requiring you to fly to Tokyo for shopping.

I own the complete Wing Creation collection sitting usueless on my HD after switching to Prepar3d4. The latest statement in their forum says: "We are verifying fine portions. It seems that however, there will be no big problem if you use P3Dv3 patch. Please wait for a little patch for v4."

I've heard a few theories whyJapan has been notoriously neglected in the Flightsim World: No Japanese P3D3 version, youngsters only interested in Arcade Games, low number of GA airports, low addon sales figures etc. etc. Believe all this or not, it doesn't matter, it's a tragedy.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Most of the Asian region has been neglected. It's sad, since I really want to be able to fly in this region. There are so many beautiful airports and sceneries in Asia that I would love to fly to and from. I really hope that some of the existing and active 3rd party developers such as FlightBeam, FSDT, FlyTampa, PacSim, Justsim, OrbX, will focus on Asia more.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

1 hour ago, bills511 said:

Anyone know of P3dV4 compatible airports for Japan? Kansai RJBB, Narita RJAA, Chubu Centrair RJGG, Haneda RJTT. Could never understand why Japan always seemed to be ignored in the airport scenery category. I saw some over at SimMarket but are old and outdated.

Pacsim has Nagasaki Int. & Omura  Chubu Centrair airports....well flytampa was about to make Haneda but bailed out it seems a big developer is working on one.  http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&p=56940&sid=789f70f4ab71516af36a7af3b893e5ac hopfully we hear something soon. 

http://www.islandsim.com

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

56 minutes ago, pmb said:

I'll join you. Wing Creation seems to be thy only (sort of) active airport designer today, aside perhaps a few local ones requiring you to fly to Tokyo for shopping.

I own the complete Wing Creation collection sitting usueless on my HD after switching to Prepar3d4. The latest statement in their forum says: "We are verifying fine portions. It seems that however, there will be no big problem if you use P3Dv3 patch. Please wait for a little patch for v4."

I've heard a few theories whyJapan has been notoriously neglected in the Flightsim World: No Japanese P3D3 version, youngsters only interested in Arcade Games, low number of GA airports, low addon sales figures etc. etc. Believe all this or not, it doesn't matter, it's a tragedy.

Kind regards, Michael

39 minutes ago, Silverbird said:

Pacsim has Nagasaki Int. & Omura  airports....well flytampa was about to make Haneda but bailed out it seems a big developer is working on one.  http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&p=56940&sid=789f70f4ab71516af36a7af3b893e5ac hopfully we hear something soon. 

http://www.islandsim.com

Thank you Michael & Cesar.

Looks like I'll be purchasing Narita RJAA, & Chubu Centrair RJGG. I miss flying in and out of Kai Tak and having these two fit the bill perfectly.

I want to simulate some Japanese domestic 747 flights. I'll keep an eye on this thread and hope to see some good scenery come out. In the meantime, does anyone know of some good, compatible scenery for Japan?

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

24 minutes ago, SKEWR said:

I want to simulate some Japanese domestic 747 flights. I'll keep an eye on this thread and hope to see some good scenery come out. In the meantime, does anyone know of some good, compatible scenery for Japan?

Hi Cory,

Here are a couple to get you started: http://www.islandsim.com/store.html - http://www.wingcreation.com/

Thank you Bill!

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Hello all,

I am somewhat non-plussed about the lack of scenery for Japan whilst I am revelling with all the payware/freeware sceneries/airports for Australia and Indonesia which is where I want to fly.  I am really spoilt for choice here hhhmmmm let me see .... will I have a coffee and donut or just have a sleep? If I decide to fly to a payware airport in this region I may as well have a sleep LOL

Moral of this story I guess is that we should enjoy and adapt to what IS available and then go fly America or Europe

Regards to all

Tony Chilcott

PS .. These are Tongue-in-cheek remarks.

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

I have wing creations airports RJFF, RJSF, Narita and Sendai , aerosim Osaka working in p3dv4.

3 hours ago, mulgrave said:

I have wing creations airports RJFF, RJSF, Narita and Sendai , aerosim Osaka working in p3dv4.

RJAA is working for me in P3dv4.

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

Same here, in fact just finished the UA803 KIAD-RJAA yesterday in P3Dv4 and used GSX and ADE to set up custom pushbacks for the gate 36 and others in that "canyon."  Only problem with WCI Narita is that it is dated and does not have current taxi layout or even numbering and they don't provide an airport diagram in the documentation so one has to use ADE to look at the plan.

Dan Downs KCRP

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DH4vM3mWsAEJIyf?format=jpg

That Is the traffic for the last 48 hours on vatsim. 

Look at the difference of traffic in Asia and Africa compared to Europe and the US 

There simply isn't ENOUGH demand for it.  That is why there is 3 versions of Jfk, Lhr,  bcn,  etc so the developers can fight over the scraps and in Europe and USA and ignore Asia and Africa 

I'd love someone to make Zbaa for example but they rather make 3 versions of innsbruck to make a buck 

• Upvote 2

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, tooting said:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DH4vM3mWsAEJIyf?format=jpg

That Is the traffic for the last 48 hours on vatsim. 

Look at the difference of traffic in Asia and Africa compared to Europe and the US 

There simply isn't ENOUGH demand for it.  That is why there is 3 versions of Jfk, Lhr,  bcn,  etc so the developers can fight over the scraps and in Europe and USA and ignore Asia and Africa 

I'd love someone to make Zbaa for example but they rather make 3 versions of innsbruck to make a buck 

That is a very simplistic way of seeing where the demand is (I'm sure developers are guilty of reading similar data incorrectly also).

There are so few good quality sceneries available in Africa, Asia, and S. America, simmers won't waste time flying in default / mediocre locations, but instead will fly in Europe and N. America, as that is where the decent payware scenery is located.

I believe in the (misquoted) line of "if you build it, they will come" - if developers were to undertake some decent market research, then I'm sure that they would make a very healthy profit from a select few airports.
Off the top of my head, I believe new or updated versions of FAOR, FACT, RJBB, (RJTT is apparently in the works by a large developer), RKSI, ZBAA, and SCEL would be worth pursuing.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

LatinVFR SCEL Santiago Chili does work in P3Dv4, and yes yes really am impatient for NMG to finish updating FAOR Johannesburg because it lacks all scenery objects such as terminal buildings in v4 and the KATL-FAOR trip is one of my favorite B77L long hauls.

Dan Downs KCRP