Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Well, the Zibo 738 is indeed a GREAT freeware!

Undoubtedly!

I couldn't ask for more - and just wished I ever have had anything even remotely close to it in MSFS when I was using that platform long ago...

X-Plane is indeed the best example of how a commercial flight simulator can turn into an example of cooperation and growth due to the creativity of the user community.

Examples like the NOAA plugin - which is still and by far my preferred weather injector for X-Plane - Tony's World2XP, and Ortho4XP by another author which allow for such a unique freeware experience, in some aspects superior to what I had in MSFS...

The Zibo 738 is the latest example of what freeware in X-Plane can attain. The detail of the simulation, the continuous support and updates by the author, are simple astounding!

• Upvote 6

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Did you study the FMC ?

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

You're not going to get a PMDG level FMS/FMC for free, so what's your point here? It's a great improvement on the original 737-800 in X-Plane.

• Upvote 3

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Jude,

for detailed tubeliner, I use Aerowinx PSX....

My point is, there's nowhere as good as this Zibo freeware 738 among the freeware / payware offers of the type available for X-Plane...

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Hi Jcomm,

My reply was not to you, I agree with you :), my reply was directed at Humpty. Sorry.

Jude Bradley

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I agree with jcomm, this is a superb example of the freeware spirit for X-Plane, which is sadly very much lacking in the P3D world.

1 hour ago, Jude Bradley said:

You're not going to get a PMDG level FMS/FMC for free, so what's your point here? It's a great improvement on the original 737-800 in X-Plane.

What exactly is PMDG-level?. I fail to understand why everything is always compared to their products as if they are some sort of gold standard (Any mention of a IXEG or Zibo always ends up with someone putting it down to PMDG). The Zibo mod is just as good as I remember the NGX being and it's being constantly worked on. This is not directed at you, but I find it strange that people instantly put this and other things down because it can't possibly be as good as PMDG

• Upvote 15

1 hour ago, Jude Bradley said:

What's the point of mentioning PMDG in a thread about the 737-800 zibomod within the X-Plane forum? Sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but frankly this is getting boring. I really miss the times when AVSIM was a place open to multiple platforms, where people discussed without constant comparisons and cross-references with the sole goal of feeding their own bias. 

Moreover, did you bother to try the zibomod? The FMC is being constantly improved with daily updates. If you care to read the thread on the X-Plane.org, you will certainly notice it's getting very positive feedback from real 737 pilots. How does it compare to PMDG? With all due respect, I could not care less. 

• Upvote 6

Of course I tried it, I update it when it gets to a stable version every time. I'm very happy indeed with it,and use it nearly every day. I never stated otherwise.

My reply was directed at the 2nd poster who seemed like he wasn't overly impressed with it. Nothing more, nothing less

• Upvote 2

Jude Bradley

Ah, but Jude, Humpty loves the Zibo - it was actually due to him that I became aware of it...

OTOH, Zulfi is a Mig-21 pilot, so, he doesn't really like to deal with sophisticated tubeliner avionics :-)

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

2 hours ago, Jude Bradley said:

don't understand what has PM3d got to do with my saying have you studied the FMC ? 

19 minutes ago, Jude Bradley said:

Of course I tried it, I update it when it gets to a stable version every time. I'm very happy indeed with it,and use it nearly every day. I never stated otherwise.

My reply was directed at the 2nd poster who seemed like he wasn't overly impressed with it. Nothing more, nothing less

HumptyDumpty's post was just a joke and was directed to the OP. Don't worry about that.
All zibomod versions are stable, as far as I have seen. Obviously, none of them is perfect. Sometimes it may happen that you lose a feature with an update that you had properly working in the previous version, but this is part of the constant improvement. It is a real work in progress and I am really impressed about how it improved since day 1, update after update. Needless to say, there is still a lot of work to be done, but zibo is very talented and works with an incredible pace. In my opinion, this is by large the best freeware I have seen along the years and the best part is that it is receiving feedback and support from other users and third parties (the sound pack, in particular, is really impressive). Makes you wonder what the community is capable of doing when talented people join their forces.

• Upvote 1

I agree, the trouble with text in forums, is that it's hard to tell without speech and context. If he had said "Yes, I agree, Did you study the FMC", then I would have also agreed, but it sounded like a put-down, which is why I replied in the first place. With the sound mod and the ground radar plugin, it is indeed an excellent a/c.

• Upvote 1

Jude Bradley

1 minute ago, Jude Bradley said:

I agree, the trouble with text in forums, is that it's hard to tell without speech and context. If he had said "Yes, I agree, Did you study the FMC", then I would have also agreed, but it sounded like a put-down, which is why I replied in the first place. With the sound mod and the ground radar plugin, it is indeed an excellent a/c.

Apologies. I also misundestood your post and was probably ruder than I should've been.
Peace.

@Jude Bradley

my statement has nothing that makes one misunderstand it. If i had said its bad or lousy compared to the other lousies than yes .

But it's ok.