Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Well, the Zibo 738 is indeed a GREAT freeware!

1 hour ago, tonywob said:

The Zibo mod is just as good as I remember the NGX being and it's being constantly worked on.

Ahhh, I fondly remember when I posted something along these lines in the P3D forum, starting a "flame war" which resulted in deletion of all my contributions and topped of with a week long posting restriction. Good times!

• Upvote 1

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Yes, but posting something like that in the PMDG or P3D forum WILL cause a flamewar without a doubt. I think the same would happen here in reverse (as there was some misunderstanding between Humpty and Jude). Anyhow... back to the Zibo mod.....

• Upvote 1

But of course - I am still waiting for a 737 for DCS :-)

( running to hide.... :gaul: )

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Methinks Jose is going to be waiting a very very long time :D

If there is any civil birds for DCS that would change the whole flight simulation scenario. would love to have the civil props and helis in DCS  but with the whole world coverage else it gets boring.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

11 minutes ago, tonywob said:

Digital "Combat" Simulator, enough said :-)

You can fly around if you want and not do combat

Actually, it appears that combat can also be played in X-Plane! 

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

42 minutes ago, x-plane 123 said:

P-8 Poseidon :)

Ha! This way, one could have almost anything in DCS: T-41 Mescalero, OH-58 Kiowa, E-4 Sentry, and a lot more.

Even the PA-28 Cherokee and the DA40 are used by military operators. :happy:

• Upvote 1

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

12 hours ago, HumptyDumpty said:

If there is any civil birds for DCS that would change the whole flight simulation scenario

Maybe PMDG will port their NGX some day, since they seem to have opted out of X-Plane. :rolleyes:

9 hours ago, airlinejets said:

Maybe PMDG will port their NGX some day, since they seem to have opted out of X-Plane. :rolleyes:

I would stop using DCS :biggrin:

11 hours ago, airlinejets said:

where did you get that info ? 

they updated their thread to even clarify their inital plan. As soon as the release dust of the DC-6 on PMDG settles they will look at XP-11 and back port all advantages done for the P3D version back to the x-plane version. 

It baffles me to no end that people still think that flightsim development is done in weeks rather than months or years.  if you dont hear something for 3-4 months doesnt mean that they all abandoned ship. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, alpha12125 said:

they updated their thread to even clarify their inital plan. As soon as the release dust of the DC-6 on PMDG settles they will look at XP-11 and back port all advantages done for the P3D version back to the x-plane version. 

Updating a product that has been already released (for X-Plane 11) isn't development of new projects. Please point me to a recent thread, where they have stated a commitment to port their jets into X-Plane.

2 hours ago, alpha12125 said:

It baffles me to no end that people still think that flightsim development is done in weeks rather than months or years.  if you dont hear something for 3-4 months doesnt mean that they all abandoned ship. 

They have not worked on anything for X-Plane in several months, or you're privy to info that we aren't aware of. Please fill us in.

47 minutes ago, airlinejets said:

Updating a product that has been already released (for X-Plane 11) isn't development of new projects. Please point me to a recent thread, where they have stated a commitment to port their jets into X-Plane.

They have not worked on anything for X-Plane in several months, or you're privy to info that we aren't aware of. Please fill us in.

They worked 2 years on the DC-6 for x-plane before they announced out of the blue that the DC-6 was coming to x-plane when everyone thought it was going to be P3D. Noone even knows what the next plane for P3D/FSX is, and they have been developing it for a while now. They realease infos a few months before release not when they have nothing to show for. That has been the modus operandi for PMDG forever.  Speak up when you have something to show or shut up. They don´t hype up non existing planes and deal with frustrated impatient simmers begging for info constantly.

Just look at FF A320 thread if you want to know why everyone who is doing serious study level sims, shuts up about development.  They developed for 3 years now, spread the news 2 months before expected release. Now it is 3 months and people seriously get frustrated that it is not released and demand pictures and whatnot.  If you are serious about develivering a stable product to the customer and not making it stable at the customer, you can not hold time frames with complex systems. Simple as that. 

Alot of people may not like Robert, but he is straight forward. If they would stop development for x-plane he would simply say it and not have people constantly asking him what the status is. 

He said at the beginning that they are in x-plane for the long run. The DC-6 is a test plattform for the simulator not for commercial sales. Any future decision to develop for x-plane will be based on the sales of one of their major products and not on the DC-6.  Since he has a very straight forward record of communicating, i have no reason to believe anything has changed. 

PMDG are around since 1997. In 20 years they have produced 5 mayor planes ( 737, 747, 777, MD11, DC6 ) If you really think that within a few months you see new plane after new plane from them you are mistaken. IF you get a big PMDG Airliner next year for x-plane you can consider yourself lucky. 

• Upvote 1