Sign in to follow this  
Neptune

Miss Airports or news Airports

Hi falks

some one of you know if i can download an update of BaseData airports scenery in P3Dv x.x. A lot of them miss or are a new ICAO or placement or simply deleted in the world .

the problem i encountered if you have a plane with FMC and AIRACS uptodate some departure or arrival are not in the data FMC

an exemple SEQU is in the P3Dv x.x or FSX  but it change since 2013, AIRACS yes are good, but SEQM new airport, you don't find in the list selection in P3D.. And this for a lot of area base ICAO .

i find one SEQM for FSX 2015 and place it in ADDONCENERY but the other ??

seqm_s10.jpg

Patrick

Hi,

fsAeroData does give you the current navigation data (the airport itself, runways, ILSs, radio stations, SIDs, STARs, approaches) of all airports present in the AIRAC cycle, but does not include any scenery at the location of the new airports. You will still have to search the various file libraries for scenery of the missing airports.

Maarten

• Upvote 1

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

14 minutes ago, mawibo said:

Hi,

fsAeroData does give you the current navigation data (the airport itself, runways, ILSs, radio stations, SIDs, STARs, approaches) of all airports present in the AIRAC cycle, but does not include any scenery at the location of the new airports. You will still have to search the various file libraries for scenery of the missing airports.

Maarten

Exactly. I've never understand how people upgrade to the most recent ILS's and stuff pointing to runways which never made it into the sim.

Prepar3d is in urgent need of database-generated default airports, including updateable runways, taxiways, gates and all the like.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

For airports that moved, but kept their ICAO ID, it's even more strange: fsAerodata keeps the parking spots, taxiways etc. at the original location.

Maarten

Hi i know Aéro.Sors.Org for a while

it's scenery DATABASE in the sim since FSX ....

also look At SPJC = SPIM ...... city LIMA .

a big work to locate all missing airports .

PMB you are correct  this is my answer

ALL addon for Flight plan & FMC are uptodate that right  with Airacs Navdata , If you are on an airtport and try to enter the ICAO DEP for exemple , the message is "IRIS not correct .." and the most you don't find the oldiest Airport .

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

It's a bit difficult to follow what you are saying, but the issue with the data from aero.sors.fr is the same as the issue with the data from fsAerodata : navigation data is updated but the scenery remains the same (i.e. no visible airport scenery for airports that exist in the navigation data but not in the sim).

Maarten

In my eyes the standard airports are word not allowed and I never fly to them. So I never had these issues. 

But fsAerodata and add on airports are perfect for me. 

1 hour ago, swiesma said:

In my eyes the standard airports are word not allowed and I never fly to them. So I never had these issues. 

But fsAerodata and add on airports are perfect for me. 

That's fine if you fly airliners.

However, those poor GA pilots (include me) may need them. There are a number of fine payware airports in the outback where you just don't find a proper payware counterpart for landing within an hour.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Hi Stefan,

I'm not saying that fsAerodata is useless, but it's not a solution to the OPs question, which was about stock airport scenery for airports present in the AIRAC cycle data that have changed location or are not present at all in the sim out of the box. What's the use of accurate navigation data for these airports if you cannot takeoff or land there because there's no visible scenery?

Maarten

I guess if you have the accurate nav data you can at least put a basic strip there even if you  are not a scenery artist.

And I  can take you places where it is more like 5 rsa to a decent airport....

Harry Woodrow

Sure, I understand your problems :-)

It just didn't come to me with the first post here. And I can also understand GA pilots, for sure. I am not flying to standard airports because I always fall out of the sky because I'm laughing so hard at the standard scenery :-) So I did not take into account that some people acutally really use them :-)

10 minutes ago, harrry said:

I guess if you have the accurate nav data you can at least put a basic strip there even if you  are not a scenery artist.

And I  can take you places where it is more like 5 rsa to a decent airport....

Harry,

That's all very true, but still not an answer to the OPs question.

Maarten

It is one thing I can not understand with FSW, they are sticking to the origininal data.  It is a little hard to understand as they are basicaly making a new start in other ways with fairly controled development.  If they did start with correct data it would give one reason to shift to them.

Harry Woodrow

Hi, my english is poor !

i find a solution i change in Navdata Airacs pmdg the icao name by the old ICAO airport  ... I lure the DATA & FMC of course

Patrick