Sign in to follow this  
Anxu00

Goflight Support in XP 11

I would like feedback from folks who use Goflight HW with XP.  I found the Goflight official support to be completely non existent.  The company only provided two links, one to a very old free plugin and the other to Polypot's.  I have had bad experience with Polypot software in the past, and for the asking price, which is close to 50 CDN dollar is high.  I only have two Goflight RP-48 modules and I would like to use them for Autopilot and other small, common function with planes in XP. Could anyone share with me any experience they have with using Goflight ?  Thanks in advance.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

I use the freeware plugin (XPGF) in XP11 for my GF hardware and it works pretty well. I don't own the RP-48 though: GF-46, GF-45, 3 - P8's, T8, LGT, MCP-Pro and EFIS and they all are mostly easily programmable. The only readouts I cannot get are DME's on both NAV1 and NAV2. I'd say give it a try.

Best,

Greg 

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

9 hours ago, Rainydaze said:

I use the freeware plugin (XPGF) in XP11 for my GF hardware and it works pretty well. I don't own the RP-48 though: GF-46, GF-45, 3 - P8's, T8, LGT, MCP-Pro and EFIS and they all are mostly easily programmable. The only readouts I cannot get are DME's on both NAV1 and NAV2. I'd say give it a try.

Best,

Greg 

Ok Thanks.  Will give the free XPGF a try.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Confirmed that the free XFGF works fine.  All default commands/events are available.  I suppose for custom plane like the FF757 XFGF will not work, but I am fine with be able to use my GF RP-48 HW again with Aerobask planes.

Vu Pham

On 8/23/2017 at 7:20 AM, Rainydaze said:

Best,

Greg 

I got the XPGF too it is nice (I wish GF would take it and developed something like their proprietary Gfconfig), but since it's an old one I find it very insufficient and very limited compatibility with XP11  

On 8/23/2017 at 7:20 AM, Rainydaze said:

Best,

Greg 

.. I, personally, find the the GFIT Over-Killer and maybe overwhelming for a common non-tech Savvy GA simmers. I contacted  GF Customer Support and was told that currently they have no intention to come out with their GFConfig XP11 version & they refereed me to Polypot's and I purchased the GFIT for XP-11, & as of today it "Seats" useless & most of my GF Modules are useless as well. I think GFIT is a great, very sophisticated & capable tool but:

• Buttons & Switches assignments are not straight forward simple Task as with GFConfig or even XGF 
  • It's initially meant for The PMDG and the Heavy Guys that need to solve complex interface issues  
  • If you are non Tech savvy and not familiar with Scrips, with terminology like: FataRefs, Bespoke, Events, Varibals Etc and get lost when you see a drop down menus with vast amount of options which looks like Chines to you, you ,eventually, will find yourself lost in the "Sea"
  • Documentation , again, to complicated 
  • So fare nobody came with a simple youtube Tutorial video for the GA guys that all they wish is to connect few GF Modules to their C172 or make them work with Simple Carenado Twine Baron 58, and I wondering why ?     

Cheers 

Yair 

2 hours ago, N1125Y said:

.. I, personally, find the the GFIT Over-Killer and maybe overwhelming for a common non-tech Savvy GA simmers. I contacted  GF Customer Support and was told that currently they have no intention to come out with their GFConfig XP11 version & they refereed me to Polypot's and I purchased the GFIT for XP-11, & as of today it "Seats" useless & most of my GF Modules are useless as well. I think GFIT is a great, very sophisticated & capable tool but:

• Buttons & Switches assignments are not straight forward simple Task as with GFConfig or even XGF 
  • It's initially meant for The PMDG and the Heavy Guys that need to solve complex interface issues  
  • If you are non Tech savvy and not familiar with Scrips, with terminology like: FataRefs, Bespoke, Events, Varibals Etc and get lost when you see a drop down menus with vast amount of options which looks like Chines to you, you ,eventually, will find yourself lost in the "Sea"
  • Documentation , again, to complicated 
  • So fare nobody came with a simple youtube Tutorial video for the GA guys that all they wish is to connect few GF Modules to their C172 or make them work with Simple Carenado Twine Baron 58, and I wondering why ?     

Cheers 

Yair 

Man, I hear ya. I have the GFIT and cannot make sense of it! I tossed it aside, waiting for a nasty winter's day...when I might gather up some patience to read. learn, and mess around. I have a $250 GF EFIS panel that sits there idol: unless I use XP11, in which case XPGF has everything assigned and it works great. Ya gotta laugh: someone did it perfectly as freeware, so why is it so complcated using a payware program? My own ignorance plays a role no doubt, but geez...the word 'cryptic' comes to mind. 

Best,

GMG   

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

13 minutes ago, Rainydaze said:

Man, I hear ya. I have the GFIT and cannot make sense of it! I tossed it aside, waiting for a nasty winter's day...when I might gather up some patience to read. learn, and mess around. I have a $250 GF EFIS panel that sits there idol: unless I use XP11, in which case XPGF has everything assigned and it works great. Ya gotta laugh: someone did it perfectly as freeware, so why is it so complcated using a payware program? My own ignorance plays a role no doubt, but geez...the word 'cryptic' comes to mind. 

Best,

GMG   

.he...he....he..... laughing is the only things that left right now ..... I put an ad on Craigslist " for cracking GFIT M.I.T Grads is needed, " ...... I'm to old to get offended by my inability to master this apps, I'm a bit surprise with GF attitude, cuz it will keep away future customers, and for me If no solution found soon I'll get read of all my GF modules and will exercise other options, I know, many XP Simmers are Mouse / Keyboard oriented but not me

ThIs confirms my worst fears,im using xplane 11 and the zibo to run in my sim. i to am to old to bother with assigning blooming data refs! and go to this menu,do that, then close that, then restart.......ive paid good money for this unit (i wonder if the money i have given them still works hmmmm..)any way i have spent a whole year getting my sim up and running only to be stumped by 1 unit!!! the goflight mcp ....pro???? what does pro mean? maybe pro at not working to configs you load in via pollypocket.

I dont want to sell it because basically it doesnt work properly 

can i ask, what are the open cockpits mcp's like? i mean does it work?

do they work well on xplane 11? if they do ill go for that instead of this unit ,

i think the only good thing i can do with this is to strip it down and use the LED segments for another unit.

such a shame 

ok rant over lol 

I use many GoFlight modules from X-plane.
I had to buy GoFlight Interface Tool from PollyPot.
This supplement is worth 100% of its price.
It seems complicated at first, but it is not.
With GoFlight Interface Tool I can do anything I want with GoFlight modules.
I highly recommend it.

Tried many times to get to grip with PollyPot but after 2 hours concentration I have forgotten what I where supposed to do 1/2 an hour ago.

So have good success with most of my units (13) using default simple planes but come the FF a320 or the Zibo 737 I get lost so normally give up on it.

Yes old age does not help !!

Trevor Golding

..just wait for the MSFS 2020 to see how will it work with this knew Sim, but, most likely, will get read of what used to be the top notch of the Fli Simulator HW devices,.

Cheers

Yair  

http://www.xpluginsdk.org/goflight.htm

this is where you get the plugin. it will prog most modules. 

then I use pollypot pre configs for efis and mcp Pro.  so there's no data refs lvars to worry about. polly and xpgf work fine together

i have mcp Pro rp48 T8 p8 lgt tq6 efis mesm gf45 4xgf166 tq6  working in xp11

panels also work in fs2020 with the goflight config program too. 

just click GFDevFSX found in goflight folder. then open config. select fsx as sim. right hand pane at top click fsx tab and prog as wanted. only thing is you need the fsx. exe file or fsx installed too. 

Your fooling goflight into thinking its running fsx. also works with p3d ver3. clickGFDevP3d  instead of GfdevFSX. and select p3d as sim. I don't think it works with  ver4 cos that's 64bit

Edited by gbobb