Sign in to follow this  
thydney1970

PMDG737NGX - Lower Display Unit black?

Gentlemen,

Im still learning and practicing the PMDG 737NGX and have still unanswered questions for which your answers and support would be very kind and helpful.^The PMDG737-800/900 is more or less configured and also study all the manuals since days.

Following questions I have:

1. The lower display unit (Display between the 2 FMC's) is always black and not working in my optionion. Until now, I didn^t found out, how and where I can switch on the LDU in the cockpit. The FMC settings for aircraft/Displays etc are set according the recommendations of the PMDG manual. Where can I turn on the LDU and bringing it back to life?

2. When I set the PMDG 737NGX at airport LSZH to cold and dark state via FMC and save this situation as scenario for my default flight (i will always start up at LSZH Gate B35 with cold & dark) and the quitting P3Dv4, as soon as I start P3D, I will have after few seconds a CtD but the P3D.exe is still running in my process overview in Win 10. I don't have any chance to start P3D again, as long as the above mentioned scenario is not deleted in my documents folder. After deleting the scenarion, P3D starts up with the default Lockheed scenario again.

Is this problem known to anybody from you and what is the solution for it to easy startup P3D with the PMDG in cold and dark state on my favorite airport (I^m just living directly beside the airport and see the planes starting and landing all days long :-).

Your support is highly appreciated and I^m looking forward hearing from you soon.

Thank you very much and kind regards from Switzerland

Thyndey

1. The lower DU can be used to show secondary engine or systems information. Press either the ENG or SYS buttons to bring up that data. If you use the "side by side" option, as used by Southwest Airlines, all available engine and systems information is shown on the upper DU. In that option the lower DU has no display function other than as a spare in case the upper DU fails.

2. It's best not to use the NGX, or any other complex addon, as the default scenario. Use a P3D default aircraft instead. Load the NGX after you start P3D.  

You can certainly save the default flight scenario at LSZH, so you are at least already positioned there. Use the default panel state selection in the NGX CDU to initialise in the cold and dark state. 

ki9cAAb.jpg

Hi kevinh

My LDU is still black and not in function and I still haven^t figured it out to get it working. the side by side option is inactive, the switch in front of me for the LDU is on NORM position. Where do I switch it on ? The display is dark as night.

The ENG or SYS buttons.... just as Kevin said and as far as I know it is that simple.

Dan Downs KCRP

The ENG and SYS buttons are the small little buttons just to the left of the Autobrake and Flap indicator.  For the vast majority of airlines, the only time the lower screen is used is to hit ENG at the beginning of engine start to monitor everything measured in the engines (N2 and oil pressure, for example) and then once the engines are started, hit SYS and that brings up the flight control diagram for the flight control check.  This all gets turned off before takeoff and is used as a backup screen in case another one fails.  

You'll soon find that looking down at the lower screen for engine start conveniently also reveals the fuel control levers below the throttles which are moved to IDLE at 25%+ N2.  

• Upvote 1