Sign in to follow this  
gregmorin

Operations Center INOP

When I opened the Operations Center today to add a livery to the DC-6 I had a notification to update the Operation Center. After installing the DC-6 livery, I clicked on ok to update the OC. For some reason I got two update screens trying to update. i got a message saying that there was problem with the up date, to close my computer re-boot and try installing the update again. I did have to hard shut down the computer. Upon reboot, Windows at first had a hard time finding the operation center. I ran the live update from the X86 program folder. It appeared to work. When I tried to run the Operation Center, It stared said it was connecting to the server and shut down. Following the advice in a related thread, I deleted all the contents of the x86 operations folder except the live update and ran the live update with my anti virus turned off. I had the same result, the operating center says it connecting to the server then shuts down. Most of the files in the operation Center folder are dated 8/16/17.

Pleas advise,

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

Weird, my first thought would be a firewall of some sort. Can you get the operations center to launch at all without trying to update it?

John,

The OC has worked fine up to the failed update and i have made no firewall changes. The problem is that starts and crashes. Thanks for your reply. I think it is time to open a support ticket.

Greg

Greg Morin

I just tried setting an exclusion to the OC in my Avast anti-virus. It did not help.

Greg

Greg Morin

1 hour ago, gregmorin said:

John,

The OC has worked fine up to the failed update and i have made no firewall changes. The problem is that starts and crashes. Thanks for your reply. I think it is time to open a support ticket.

Greg

Yes, submitting a ticket might be the best course of action.

I got it resolved! The issue was that I had to re-designate the operations center to run as administrator and create a new desk top short cut. I got the idea from the PMDG knowledge base. It works fine now.

Greg

Greg Morin

Today I tried to update the Operations Center and the DC-6.

It told me there were five problems and to restart the PC.

So I did, after that I lost my icon for the Ops Center, just had the updater.

I couldn't run IT, same problem as posted in this thread.

So I did as gregmorin did and it finally, after many tries, updated the Ops Center and the DC-6.

But now I no longer have the Ops Center icon in my Start/Programs/PMDG folder, just the Updater.

Can someone please tell me how to get that icon back into the Start/Programs/PMDG folder?

I have Windows 7/64 - No Firewall at all, and no AV whatsoever.

Thanks.

Jack Sawyer

15 minutes ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

and no AV whatsoever.

If you have nothing other than the updater I find this extremely hard to believe.

Additionally, I don't believe a single product of ours ever recommends restarting your computer.

Kyle Rodgers

Come on Kyle, would I make this up?

Thats exactly what happened.

First it told me an error 5 and I had to restart the computer.

Then I did.

I had to search to find how to get the icon back to the Start menu.

Jack Sawyer

I got an error 5, took a screenshot of it and rebooted like it said in the  box.

It took several tries before it updated then I had to manually move the Conteol Center icon to the Start menu.

After rebooting like it told me to I went to the Start menu and it told me that icon no longer had a link and asked if I wanted to delete it from Start so I did.

Jack Sawyer

1 hour ago, Jack_Sawyer said:

Come on Kyle, would I make this up?

I didn't say you made it up. I said I found it hard to believe. There is an entire canyon of difference there. Do not distort my words.

Our products do not ever ask you to restart, to my knowledge. Other programs that you may be confusing for ours might. This would also go with why you're seeing issues on your system, and a program has gone missing. Programs don't just go missing. Something deletes them - you, or some other program that is likely causing your error, and issues with operation.

If you're looking for help, work with me. Humor me a bit. I can't see your computer. If I make a suggestion, it isn't an attack. I'm following a logical path to help narrow down a cause.

Kyle Rodgers

See above.

I certainly didn't delete anything, all I did was try to update the Control Center exactly like the OP did.

I'm not distorting your words Kyle.

I'm just asking what happened.

Please work with me as this only happened when I tried to update PMDG

Jack Sawyer