Sign in to follow this  
CptVince

P3D V4 Affinity Mask FPS Boost

Hello everyone! In this video, I show you how I gain significant performance with a simple tweak.

Thanks,

Vincent

1 hour ago, CptVince said:

Hello everyone! In this video, I show you how I gain significant performance with a simple tweak.

You really need a big upfront caution on this video saying that 85 and 116 values of AM really only apply to 4 core HT on or 8 core HT off processors.

Anyone running 85 or 116 on a 4 core without HT will be running the sim on two cores or one core respectively with I imagine a pretty big drop in performance.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Hi Gb,

While I understand that it's a crucial piece of information, it is also mentioned in the description which I caution everyone to read. I also give a link to an affinitymask calculator for people with different processors.

Cheers,

Vincent

2 hours ago, CptVince said:

Hi Gb,

While I understand that it's a crucial piece of information, it is also mentioned in the description which I caution everyone to read. I also give a link to an affinitymask calculator for people with different processors.

Cheers,

Vincent

But not everyone might bother to going to your YouTube site for that info.

And it doesn't help that the YouTube link you give goes to a 404 page.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I've used this tweak in V3 all the time, but found the AM wasn't as useful in V4. Having said that I did try it out (for fun) on my 6700K with V4, and I did notice the minor increase in FPS as advertised in the OP video. (Great)

But my ground textures started becoming blurry over time, (few minutes) After removing the AM from the CFG I was back to beautiful crystal clear textures again.

Ice

Weirdly enough, I did not notice any blurry textures on my end, and I made sure of that. In V3 I could notice some blurries with the tweak, but V4 enables me to use the tweak without any drawbacks. I'm sorry it didn't work as planned for you Ice.

Vincent

7 hours ago, gboz said:

But not everyone might bother to going to your YouTube site for that info.

And it doesn't help that the YouTube link you give goes to a 404 page.

gb.

If you mean the link in the signature, it's fixed now!

Hi CaptVince,

Bonjour

I tried AffinityMask 116 but my FPS is between 25-30 now. May be our setting are different.

Will you be able to post your P3d V4 settings, thanks?

38 minutes ago, CptVince said:

Weirdly enough, I did not notice any blurry textures on my end, and I made sure of that. In V3 I could notice some blurries with the tweak, but V4 enables me to use the tweak without any drawbacks. I'm sorry it didn't work as planned for you Ice.

Vincent

Yeah Thanks Vincent,

This has given me cause to keep fiddling with the AM. Maybe 116 is not for my rig but I'm sure it was slightly smoother with 116 than without.

I was plaqued with blurries in V3 and never really seemed to get rid of them until V4 came along.

thx for posting the vid tho.

IM

Nice video and thanks. I've been using AM=116 for some time now and it most certainly is best for my system and its settings (P3DV3 and V4). HT is enabled using a 4790K CPU and 1070 GPU. 

Cheers,

GMG 

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

59 minutes ago, mulgrave said:

Hi CaptVince,

Bonjour

I tried AffinityMask 116 but my FPS is between 25-30 now. May be our setting are different.

Will you be able to post your P3d V4 settings, thanks?

Hi, can you post your specs here? You have to be careful with affinity mask, did you read the description?

Thanks,

Vincent

The "best" affinity mask is different for every system. I tried a few settings, including default, 84, 116, 252 and 254. It turned out that 245 is the best for me. I have an incredibly smooth simming experience with my i7 6700K and MSI Radeon R9 390 since then. Use ressource monitor, that comes with windows, for an easy tool to monitor the load of your cores. Use GPU-Z for instance to monitor your graphics board.