Sign in to follow this  
Anthony25368

Altitude Callouts

Just wondering if anyone else is getting double altitude callouts when landing? I get double 2500 1000 500 200 100 when on approach. Any help would be great.

Thank You

Anthony Marquis

Anthony

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHZ, 32 GB ram, win 10, gtx 1080 gpu

I would think this happens often.  There are a lot of programs that offer altitude callouts.  I know PMDG has a switch to turn them on or off.  ProATC has a switch too under Options.  I'm sure there are more.  When you get an add-on, you have to decide which one you have to use.  I know some Carenado aircraft have supposedly the co-pilot YELLING 500 feet!!!  It is quite loud.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Not knowing if you purchased a program or added the Altitude callouts yourself makes this a bit of a challenge. I would suggest checking the sound.cfg file or the corresponding a/c that is calling the sound files twice and if there are repeated calls delete the one, MAKE SURE YOU BACKUP THE WHOLE FILE FIRST ! Before editing it.

berlopez

Thanks guys, I will look into maybe the update for pmdg aircraft, Not sure what I could have added to cause this.

Anthony Marquis

Anthony

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHZ, 32 GB ram, win 10, gtx 1080 gpu

Sorry I meant panel.cfg.

Look at the Windows entries and maybe in there the call-out.

I have the cap727 and fallowed the process when the altitude call out were added and they were added to a window in the panel.cfg. There are also lots of other Things that have to be added,I'd suggest searching for the hows and where's

berlopez

BTW: Just had a look in Yutube and there are lots of videos intructing how to get the call-out and install them; Last solution a reinstall of the program.Although this may sound a Little drastic.

If you added something that could have had an effect on the software and silenced the alt. calls. why not reinstall a_new