Sign in to follow this  
Marko Bojbasa

FSX LAG PROBLEM

Hi,guys i flying on FSX SE for about year and about two weeks ago i got some lags,in the air i have about 30 to 35 FPS but i have some lags when I moving camera and on the ground same with GSX I didn't have this problem before and i didn't install anything, I've tried to reinstall FSX and nothing changed,i didn't have this before, and if you know how to fix this problem please answer on this, happy flying all ✈️

Before..before what? Have you updated anything or installed anything or made any changes very recently? I keep a written log, just in case! 

• Upvote 1

I'm finding that Windows10 updates definitely affect my FSX and gaming experience. It is the ONLY thing that changes often times.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mithras said:

Before..before what? Have you updated anything or installed anything or made any changes very recently? I keep a written log, just in case! 

Before two weeks ago,and then lags strated,i have install pmdg777 and than started i have tried to delite pmdg and reinstall fsx but  nothing happen

12 minutes ago, VeryBumpy said:

I'm finding that Windows10 updates definitely affect my FSX and gaming experience. It is the ONLY thing that changes often times.

Yes I'm using windows 10,but I'm not sure that there was any updates there?

I am old school, still using Windows Vista, FSX runs stably in that configuration.  I knew the OS upgrades would break something, always avoided jumping in.  Once on a stable platform I keep with it.  Eight years now my system has ran FSX with no hacks or changes.  My motto is get a stable system, then invest, whatever the OS you prefer.  Do a burnout of your rig,there are free testers out there, it will help you optimize your OS and hardware.

John

• Upvote 1

Just now, Cactus521 said:

I am old school, still using Windows Vista, FSX runs stably in that configuration.  I knew the OS upgrades would break something, always avoided jumping in.  Once on a stable platform I keep with it.  Eight years now my system has ran FSX with no hacks or changes.  My motto is get a stable system, then invest, whatever the OS you prefer.  Do a burnout of your rig,there are free testers out there, it will help you optimize your OS and hardware.

John

yhank you,be sure I will try:happy:

2 hours ago, VeryBumpy said:

Just to give an alternative view, I have had every update (excluding drivers) since I installed Win 10 and none of them have had any noticeable effect on FSX or any other game that I play. If updates had some fundamental effect on system performance, particularly in games, I'm sure that the Internet would be overwhelmed with complaints (especially from gamers, who are usually very vocal about this sort of thing) and that doesn't appear to be the case. You have my sympathies if an update has affected you, but most people seem to be generally unaffected by them. Remember that there are quite a number of other (non-OS) apps and drivers which can update automatically and could just as easily be causing your problems - antivirus, anti-malware, Flash Player, browser updates and many others that update automatically by default if you do nothing to stop them.

That's not to say that OS updates can't affect your system. There's always going to be some combination of hardware and software that Microsoft hasn't tested which could cause issues - there must be an almost infinite number of possible system configurations that they have to contend with. If a problem suddenly appears, and you are certain you haven't changed or installed anything, just check the date of the last update on your system and see if it corresponds with the start of the problem. If so, it's easy enough to uninstall an update to confirm that it really was the cause of your problems.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

2 hours ago, Cactus521 said:

John

+1

22 hours ago, Marko Bojbasa said:

Hi,guys i flying on FSX SE for about year and about two weeks ago i got some lags,in the air i have about 30 to 35 FPS but i have some lags when I moving camera and on the ground same with GSX I didn't have this problem before and i didn't install anything, I've tried to reinstall FSX and nothing changed,i didn't have this before, and if you know how to fix this problem please answer on this, happy flying all ✈️

Do me a favor.  Backup your FSX.cfg, then delete the original file.  Also, please delete your Shaders folder (you can find out how to do this by searching the forums, but let me know if you can't find it).  Then restart FSX.  Then check your frame rates and let us know how it worked out.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

14 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Do me a favor.  Backup your FSX.cfg, then delete the original file.  Also, please delete your Shaders folder (you can find out how to do this by searching the forums, but let me know if you can't find it).  Then restart FSX.  Then check your frame rates and let us know how it worked out.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Do you mean to reinstall FSX and than put original cfg file? 

Not at all.  Simply back up, then delete your FSX.CFG file and your shaders, then restart FSX

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Not at all.  Simply back up, then delete your FSX.CFG file and your shaders, then restart FSX

How to restart?

Just click on the FSX Icon as you always do.

Dave Hodges

31 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Just click on the FSX Icon as you always do.

oh ok but i cant find how to delete shader folder,do you know?