Sign in to follow this  
trisho0

Taxi2Gate KSEA with PMDG questions

Think you will be pleasantly surprised.  I have UTXv2 installed for FSX and P3DV4 but only set up the lights in P3DV4 so far.  I tried FSX and they were just as bad as your examples but, in P3DV4, IMHO, perfection with the settings provided by NickN.  Anxious now to set up the lights in FSX too!

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Does not appear to work in FSX but will continue to investigate.  That's really strange it works in P3D and not in FSX.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Ok, I am throughly confused.

I was under the impression the Trisho0 was talking about modifying the T2G KSEA runway and taxiway lights and Jim is talking about the UTX street lights.

Since both operate independently of each other and use separate textures/models, I am confused on what either have to do with each other since the UTX lights are different than the T2G runway/taxiway lights.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

From the description of the product, it appears it only fixes the "Autogen" lights so you are correct.  It cannot fix the Taxi2Gate lights.  But not understanding why Taxi2Gate KSEA looks better in P3DV4.  They do not look anything like the airport lighting in Taxi2Gate KSEA FSX.  You are confused as everyone thinks I'm a guru on airport lighting.  I know everything. :rolleyes:  Actually I did think the UTX Lighting covered airports too. 

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

7 hours ago, Jim Young said:

Does not appear to work in FSX but will continue to investigate.  That's really strange it works in P3D and not in FSX.

That's right. UTX v2 lights makes lights like candles (lol) around areas some small and others too large. I had to disable it.

KSEA runway 34C with UTX can be seen 4 yellow lights on the horizon: http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/Gk1S

It looks like the UTX light tool needs other settings right after the setup. I am more concerned on KSEA runway lights than UTX anyway. UTX enhances roads lights I don't think it improves runway lights.

Patricio Valdes

6 hours ago, cmpbellsjc said:

I was under the impression the Trisho0 was talking about modifying the T2G KSEA runway and taxiway lights

Yes, that is what I was talking about. UTX enhances terrain and road lights. We need to leave with T2G KSEA as is until FlyTampa makes one. T2G will not fix it, who knows.

Patricio Valdes

11 hours ago, trisho0 said:

KSEA runway 34C with UTX can be seen 4 yellow lights on the horizon: http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/Gk1S

Okay, let me suggest something that I am an expert on... posting images on AVSIM.  On Oz (or any image hosting website) you need to get "Embed Codes".  When you upload your image you will have a 'Viewer Link'.  You don't want that.  Click on the dropdown and you will see several options. Go down to BBCodes and then BBCode Embed (AVSIM uses the more secure BBCode rather than HTML).  When you do that, it will give you a link which you can copy and then paste into your topic.  It should have on both ends of the link.

Apologize for confusing you and providing wrong information about my recommendation to use UTX Lights.  The strange thing is that the runway lights look perfect in P3DV4 with the same scenery:

KSEA_P3DV4.png

At least I'm happy that I could help you with posting images on AVSIM!

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

3 hours ago, Jim Young said:

Click on the dropdown and you will see several options. Go down to BBCodes and then BBCode Embed (AVSIM uses the more secure BBCode rather than HTML).  When you do that, it will give you a link which you can copy and then paste into your topic.

Thank you for the tips, greatly appreciated. However, I can't seem to find the dropdown that you are referring to. Could you please share a screenshot with me so I can clearly see where it is? 

Patricio Valdes

3 hours ago, Jim Young said:

The strange thing is that the runway lights look perfect in P3DV4 with the same scenery:

Simply amazing. I can't find yet a way to make the similar runway lights in FSX

Patricio Valdes

45 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

Thank you for the tips, greatly appreciated. However, I can't seem to find the dropdown that you are referring to. Could you please share a screenshot with me so I can clearly see where it is? 

Viewerlinks.jpg

• Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Thanks Charlie.  Perfect!

Submit News to AVSIM

Thanks to Charliearon and Jim Young giving me the help on how to post images in  here.

• Upvote 1

Patricio Valdes