Sign in to follow this  
DeeGee

New User Questions

I've just started using AI Tracker X and very impressed but I want to use it in a certain way. I've watched the excellent videos on You Tube but struggling to make the system work to fit my purposes.

I want a live interceptor on the ground at one airfield and formations of differing types to launch from a 2nd airfield and fly a flight plan. The intent is that the live jet will intercept and fly in formation on the AI group.

I've managed to launch two AI targets from the same airfield and follow them out along the route. When I set the dynamic aircraft at a remote airfield and set in a new AI track I only seem to have the "Follow my own aircraft" option and the dynamic jet jumps to a position alongside the AI which is now en route.

Any guidance?

Hi,

Currently you only get the option to target an AI if you actually "follow" it, using the AITX mechanism. Only then the button "AI follows other AI" button is active on the dispatch dialog. You then enter the ICAO and you can activate "Intercept from ICAO" (I admit, this is a little bit clunky. I will revisit that logic in the next AITX version)

Make certain that the remote airfield isn't too far away, and that the interceptor that you dispatch has the necessary speed advantage to catch up.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Super thanks. I've repeated my success of following an AI from the same departure airfield so keen to progress to the next stage and build up formations.

Can you give specifics of how to "follow" it? Does that mean using the follow the selected AI button? That takes me out of the "live" cockpit.

By too far away, would that be outside 80 miles? If so, will the AI not appear on the main screen. Also in that situation, once it entered the "bubble" would it then display?

This capability will be incorporated into a virtual reality simulator, which is the real Tornado F3 cockpit, at a Museum. I'm keen to get it right as the capability is presently unique but I suspect many will follow.

As ex Tornado aircrew I'm impressed. This is a hugely capable tool for simulators and way easier to use than Sim Director. Congratulations!

Hi,

yes, "following" by either doubleclicking it in the list or using the "follow selected ai" button. Switch to "detached" mode before you do that, then you will remain in your normal flight routine.

If you are using it for display purposes, may I direct your attention to the shared aircraft feature, where you can replicate what AITX is doing on a second PC? You could have multiple views of the same aircraft - for example the "back seater" perspective, or views of the other interceptor - for example following it in Pilot View mode. And people around the display could have a few visuals too, without slowing down the main sim.

If you require specifics, feel free to contact me via email, the address is on the last page of the user manual.

Best regards

LORBY-SI